Maltese puppies for sale

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

cocosky
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Maltese puppies for sale

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by cocosky »

Our beautiful Maltese Daisy 3 years old.Is going to have puppies with another pure pedigree little boy. The little boy is a toy Maltese so the puppies will be tiny.Pure balls of white fluff. Maltese are non-moulting so ideal for people with allergies.Also for apartments. They will be 500 euro but a deposit must be paid before . If you would like to view Daisy or secure your puppy with a deposit please phone Sandy or Paul on 0533 837 2963
Attachments
11219032_667910020020408_236486575608060127_n.jpg
11219032_667910020020408_236486575608060127_n.jpg

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Maltese puppies for sale

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

This makes me very sad & cross......... there are so many poor dumped, abused, stray dogs in North Cyprus & here you are attempting to benefit financially by breeding your dogs. Unbelievable

kayc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by kayc »

While I agree that there are thousands of homeless and neglected dogs (and cats) here in Cyprus - some people may want a puppy of a particular breed and purebred. These dogs are great for people who might be allergic to most dogs. So... let's hope she sells them with a mandatory NEUTER requirement so that some opportunist doesn't have aspirations of buying one and mass producing them. Seller - need help with that? https://freerangepooches.nz/wp-content/ ... ntract.pdf

cocosky
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by cocosky »

THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR THE LAST REPLY We brought our dogs over from the uk We brought the dad who is9 and neutered and his 2 daughterswho are just 3 years 2 days ago' I purchased Sky because of allergy problems and his other 2 puppies went to people that had the same. I hope people don,t judge me harshly; We will make sure buyers have them neutered by asking to see the vets certificate and we of course will do their vaccinations x

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

We will make sure buyers have them neutered by asking to see the vets certificate and we of course will do their vaccinations x

If I was handing over 500euros I don't think I would appreciate having stipulations on the purchase & if I was an unscrupulous buyer then I would agree with you.............

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

I am not sure I entirely understand the allergy situation. I have had two Cyprus terriers and neither of them shed .Cyprus Terriers, sometimes callled Cyprus Poodles. have a poodle like coat and most types of Poodle are classed as hypoallergenic and do not shed). I now have a sweet little dog of indeterminate ancestry, probably including some poodle and some terrier, and she does not shed either.

All were rescue dogs and cost me nothing, (except Vet's fees of course) certainly not over £400. Cyprus Terriers/Poodles are possibly the most common "breed" among the strays here.

kayc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by kayc »

Cally wrote: We will make sure buyers have them neutered by asking to see the vets certificate and we of course will do their vaccinations x

If I was handing over 500euros I don't think I would appreciate having stipulations on the purchase & if I was an unscrupulous buyer then I would agree with you.............
It's quite common practice for reputable breeders to require a spay/neuter contract for their "pet quality" puppies. I assume these are not registered show dog pedigreed pups, but rather "pet quality" i.e. they wouldn't win, place or show at Westminster. Never the less, dedicated breeders who know the responsibility of producing breed standard pups, even from show quality parents, realise that most of the litter will be pet quality and that is why these provisions are required.

I've known of reputable breeders who also require a PREPAID spay/neuter surgery certificate from the buyer - of the buyer's choice of veterinary clinic - presentable prior to them selling a pup. If it were me, I would not consider a home for one of my pups to a potential owner who was not willing to comply with these requirements. It's called "responsible breeding".

Hopefully the investment of 500 Euro will discourage those looking to make a fast buck on future pups. You might also ask for veterinary references and follow through in checking them.
Owning a dog is at least a 10 year commitment.

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Kayc, do you know of a reputable breeder in North Cyprus........

kayc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by kayc »

I do not, as I have not been here long enough to judge. Believe me, I shake my head in sorrow every day seeing all the strays, and those "other" hunting dogs kept in shabby cages year long that are expected to be skilled hunters come the season. There are many of those breeders. I lived near Kermiya close to the Metahan crossing road, and along there was a dirt road with 50+ cages of dogs - primarily hunting breeds - standing in their own filth 24/7 and if they were lucky dogs, the owners would come to feed them perhaps 1 time a week. I observed and reported it a number of times. Nothing changed.

This person is trying to do best by her pups as I see it. I only offered my suggestions to perhaps contribute some helpful ideas in placing them responsibly. This owner isn't the problem... it's all those mentioned above.

Last bumped by cocosky on Sun 11 Mar 2018 8:02 am.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”