Distemper Lapta walkway CONFIRMED

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Distemper Lapta walkway CONFIRMED

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Please be aware that four cases of Distemper have been confirmed one of which has been lost .
These are dogs that mingle with the strays that are regularly dumped so please get your pet to the vet NOW
This is on the phase one of the walkway but it will spread soon in all directions because of the strays and the dog walkers along the walkway.
Please spread the word to your dog owner friends NOW

rowan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Distemper Lapta walkway CONFIRMED

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by rowan »

which do you call phase one? From the caravan site or from Sardunya?

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

With great respect to you does it really matter which part phase one or two as it is a conduit for dogs to feed at various places that I have witnessed

Phase one is from Sardunya to the gym. along which people of various nationalities feed stray dogs

The first dog died last week reason unknown but now the three other dogs have had it confirmed they have it.The two older dogs may have a better chance but the puppy ?

It is on phase one at the moment but will soon spread unless contained (I don,t know how) into the areas around .

Please take your dogs to the vet NOW!!!!!!

rowan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by rowan »

no, it does not matter which phase one or two is, just for my own knowledge. Yes it will spread.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

This is the scenario which we have all feared. Stray dogs not vaccinated and other people not taking the disease seriously enough. KAR went into total shut down for four months in order to contain it, but now it's in the "open" Frankly I would not take a dog of mine anywhere near the place or let a stray near, even with mine on a lead.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Now there are confirmed cases it is even more important to BE AWARE. Please don't let your dogs off the lead, don't let them nose around faeces etc on a road and PLEASE contact your local Belediye if you suspect a dog, a stray dog in particular. Your VET is your best friend if you suspect your own dog. The lack of concern shown by some people is just amazing. Google the early symptoms and then read on!!!

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”