Rehoming a dog in the UK

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Rehoming a dog in the UK

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

Does anyone know if road transport for taking a dog to the UK is still around. A lovely little stray has been dumped in our road he has been neutered and a lady who was here on holiday is willing to have him in the uk, also a foster to keep him safe while he is being got ready to travel would be a huge help.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Rehoming a dog in the UK

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

There is interesting advice in a posting
Dog Flying to uk about going via Brussels or france and not paying the landing fees at Heathrow which seem to be the majority of the cost.

Also I remember reading someone actually did all the paperwork themselves and offered to advise what he did to relocate his dogs but I can not find the post or remember who it was.

Good luck

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

Thank you I too remember the posting but couldn’t find it thank you for trying. It’s a lovely little dog been neutered which would suggest it might have been owned by ex pats, who have dumped it in our road a kind Cypriot is currently feeding it, but we need to try and get it too a new home before “dog lovers” !!!!!! In the street decide to move it on , it makes me so angry the way people behave.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »