Dog turned up in Karsiyaka (not Alfie)

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dog turned up in Karsiyaka (not Alfie)

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

A black and tan furry crossbreed has turned up at ours in Karsiyaka. I'm hoping to be able to get a photo on here but need help to do it. We've not seen this dog around but he has a red tartan collar. He has made himself at home, is used to a lead and comes when he is called. If someone is missing him, we have him. This dog is definitely not Alfie, so please don't build your hopes up, Amanda.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Dog turned up in Karsiyaka (not Alfie)

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

...and here he is...

You can contact Frontalman on 0533 846 35 07
Attachments
MM Dog Karsiyaka.jpg

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Thanks Keith

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

Latest update - took dog to vet to see if he is microchipped. Yes he is but number does not register on TRNC database. Tried another vet with the chip number, same story but explanation was that it's possibly a foreign dog brought here to live so will be on a foreign database.

OK, so I go to a website that accesses all international databases and input the number and it comes up NO TRACE.

Something fishy going on - my question is what good is there in microchipping a dog?

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

frontalman wrote:Latest update - took dog to vet to see if he is microchipped. Yes he is but number does not register on TRNC database. Tried another vet with the chip number, same story but explanation was that it's possibly a foreign dog brought here to live so will be on a foreign database.

OK, so I go to a website that accesses all international databases and input the number and it comes up NO TRACE.

Something fishy going on - my question is what good is there in microchipping a dog?
out of interest did you put in your own dogs chip to see if they are registered. Our Jem even though chipped in the UK ,when he was registered here we assume they entered the chip on their register or like you say what's the point???

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

No I didn't but you make a good point. We've decided to keep him now anyway, soft touches doesn't even come into it. He's made himself at home big time so what can you do?

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

How wonderful is that for him, many thanks from me for giving this lovely dog a home

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

He's a lucky boy indeed. I think one of the problems with microchipping is that it may not have been clear that it was a 2-step process, i.e. vet did chip and filled in form and sent it to the Veterinary Dept but the owner then had to collect the completed paperwork some time later from the vet to then register it with their Belediye. I could be completely wrong of course and it might not be the reason, but that's my feeling.

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

We've subsequently found a healed-up hole in one of his ears so he may have been a Girne street dog which would explain the microchip but no details. He's a good dog and has settled in well so thanks for the appreciation.

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”