Dog attacked while walking on Alagadi Beach

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dog attacked while walking on Alagadi Beach

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Today 2 Kangal dogs attacked my friend's Cyprus terrier while walking on the beach
They came from the direction of the village

Please all take care
Attachments
Pepsi's wounds
Pepsi's wounds

sylvester
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dog attacked while walking on Alagadi Beach

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by sylvester »

We live in Alagadi and these two dogs have attacked ours on a number of occasions, once in our own garden through the gate, once when they were on leads, causing injuries necessitating stitching on two occasions by Nayazi and further vet treatment by him for many weeks. They seem to hunt together and we now have to restrict our dog walks to areas where hopefully they are not. This is not acceptable. We have been to the Police who have followed up very well and each time for a while the issue goes away. The Esentepe Muhtar has also been very helpful, but in each case the dogs return and we go through it all again. We have also been to the ministry. The two dogs belong to a local farmer who apparently is not always here. Recently in our site one of our owners dog was attacked by both and didn’t stand a chance. One of our owners went to the dogs rescue and was bitten for his trouble by the dogs. We are very concerned that a young child might be the next to be injured.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

sylvester wrote:. We have been to the Police who have followed up very well and each time for a while the issue goes away. The Esentepe Muhtar has also been very helpful, but in each case the dogs return and we go through it all again. We have also been to the ministry. The two dogs belong to a local farmer who apparently is not always here. Recently in our site one of our owners dog was attacked by both and didn’t stand a chance. One of our owners went to the dogs rescue and was bitten for his trouble by the dogs. We are very concerned that a young child might be the next to be injured.
My friend has been advised by Kar to go to the municipality which she has done but I was advised by another friend who lives in Alagadi they are owned by an English person.
They are lovely looking dogs, I have seen they above alagadi with the sheep but obviously very territorial and if a child saw their pet being attacked and went to help, you are right they could be injured.

sylvester
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by sylvester »

Thanks for posting this update. Our understanding from the Mukthar is that the two dogs are owned by a local Turkish farmer. We would suggest that the more people that report incidents with these two dogs to the Esentepe Police and if possible the Mukhtar, the better.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

My friend after reading your post has contacted the esentepe police who advised they would of come straightaway to the beach but as my friend said getting Pepsi to the vet was all that was on their minds.

Lets hope the owner realises what a danger his/her dogs are when out unsupervised after a visit from the boys in blue

As people have asked me Pepsi is having a lot of TLC but feeling very sorry for herself

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”