Flea treatment for dogs

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

bluedream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Flea treatment for dogs

Post by bluedream »

My 6 month old puppy normally gets her flea treatment from the vets in catalkoy, but as I can't get there now, can anyone recommend a flea treatment that you can buy from the chemist?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Flea treatment for dogs

Post by Keithcaley »

Where are you?

There are plenty of Vets - someone may know of one that you may be able to visit in your local area.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by thornaby »

Bluedream, there are vets everywhere so it would be helpful to say where you are living!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waddo »

Applied for a street permit yesterday, got it, took dog to vets this morning, no problem at all! Phone vets and make an appointment then fill in street permit request - easy.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waddo wrote:
Tue 02 Feb 2021 2:49 pm
Applied for a street permit yesterday, got it, took dog to vets this morning, no problem at all! Phone vets and make an appointment then fill in street permit request - easy.
Do you even need one?
Vets are open so unless you are going to a vet out of your area you can just go like you would to the chemists or supermarket, no?

silverfir
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by silverfir »

Agree ETS. Bit of belt and braces from Waldo methinks ((/))

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waddo »

Possibly - but - if you have to ask if I needed the street permit then you are unsure yourself? For sure it did not hurt anyone to ask, it did allow me to be tracked and therefore traced as to where I was going and where I had been and I did not have to worry about being stopped by the Police either. All in all, I provided information of the type that is sadly lacking at this time and I ensured that I was abiding by the rules in place at this time.

You do it your way if you wish, I remain happy with the way I have conducted my affairs today. Particularly as “vets” were not mentioned along with markets, chemists and petrol stations in the list of places I could freely visit for “essential” requirements, I considered that my dogs needs were essential - so I applied.

As for belt and braces - I prefer cover your ar5e instead - lol. Perhaps “Waldo” may not agree?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waddo wrote:
Tue 02 Feb 2021 4:46 pm
Possibly - but - if you have to ask if I needed the street permit then you are unsure yourself?
Not saying you were wrong, and as you say better safe than sorry, but was just saying that wasn't my interpretation of the rules if you were visiting your local vet

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waddo »

My interpretation is slightly different to yours and I am happy with it. My vet is in Karakum and I live in Catalkoy - both within the same area of the Kyrenia region - depending on which Turkish policeman stops you!

With a street permit there is no argument and no hassle either, besides, it is free and I am surprised that many more people do not get one. I became so used to using them in the first lockdown last year, that it just seemed sensible to continue this time is all.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by jofra »

:+1:) :+1:)

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by alphamike »

To get back to original question. Fiprojin %10 (that's what it says on the box) is a flea treatment, but am not sure if stocked by all pharmacists. You will need a syringe to measure out the dosage according to animal weight, and am sure the pharmacist will throw in for free. It's 100 ml so works out very well price wise.

cjtill
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by cjtill »

All chemists stock flea treatment and you don't need permission to go there. I have been taking my dog to the vets every few days and always apply for permission. It is not a big issue. Always best to be on the safe side

bluedream
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by bluedream »

Thank you for all your replys

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”