BIRD SONG

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

katecornwell
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

BIRD SONG

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by katecornwell »

Is there any one out there that can help me identify a bird call. Every morning when I take my dog for a walk around 5.30am there is a black medium to large bird with a whitish coloured beak and has a VERY distinction repetitive call. It sits on a unfinished house roof and the call is loud. I have recorded it and have downloaded bird call/voice sites - uploaded the recording but it came back with a bird that CERTAINLY isnt this one.!! (>:)(

Some one pse help and put me out of my misery - hate not knowing. Other dog walkers have mentioned this bird as well and have asked me do I know what it is - NO NO and NO!!

I would be so grateful if someone can help. Have the recording on my phone and could forward it. I even sent it to Taskent Nature reserve but never got a reply.

Regards
Kate

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: BIRD SONG

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Not used it suppose its the Shazam for bird song

BirdGenie™ is a new app that allows you to identify birds by their songs. By simply pointing your phone at the bird and tapping the record button, BirdGenie™ analyzes the song and helps you identify the species confidently from a small selection of the closest matches.

birdgenie | ID Birds by Songhttps://www.birdgenie.com

Merlin Bird ID helps you identify birds with ease. ... Merlin is free, fun, and easy to use—whether you're curious about a bird you've seen once or you're hoping to identify every bird you can find. The answers are waiting for you with this free ID app and field guide from the renowned Cornell Lab of Ornithology.

Let us know how you get on with them

katecornwell
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by katecornwell »

Thanks wanderer

The first one you mentioned I have to buy, the second one I have been into and it hasnt helped in the slightest. I used BIRDNET which I downloaded and it records the birdcall, but again came back with a bird that definitely was not my one.

Thanks ever so for coming back so promptly - regards Kate

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Could you get a photo of the bird? Probably easier to identify, certainly by the bods at Kuşkor (the society for the protection of birds and nature). Post it here or post it on their FB page https://www.facebook.com/106000786151317/

They'll probably be able to identify it from the song too.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

katecornwell wrote:
Fri 09 Jul 2021 7:58 am
Is there any one out there that can help me identify a bird call. Every morning when I take my dog for a walk around 5.30am there is a black medium to large bird with a whitish coloured beak and has a VERY distinction repetitive call. It sits on a unfinished house roof and the call is loud. I have recorded it and have downloaded bird call/voice sites - uploaded the recording but it came back with a bird that CERTAINLY isnt this one.!! (>:)(

Some one pse help and put me out of my misery - hate not knowing. Other dog walkers have mentioned this bird as well and have asked me do I know what it is - NO NO and NO!!

I would be so grateful if someone can help. Have the recording on my phone and could forward it. I even sent it to Taskent Nature reserve but never got a reply.

Regards
Kate
It sounds like you might be describing a Black francolin ( Francolinus francolinus)

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Male Black Francolin Calling

If you want to send the recording to me at [email protected] ill find some way to put it up here so our resident experts like Groucho can hear it and help identify it.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

erol wrote:
Sat 10 Jul 2021 6:43 am
Male Black Francolin Calling

If you want to send the recording to me at [email protected] ill find some way to put it up here so our resident experts like Groucho can hear it and help identify it.
Unfortunately mp3 files are not up loadable but if Kate sends me her recording I will identify it... [email protected]

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”