Dog Problem

All you need to know about looking after your pets in North Cyprus. Find out about vet services, how and where to register your dog....and much more.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

pablodaddy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dog Problem

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by pablodaddy »

Hope somebody can help with some advice here for me. We have an apartment at the top of Lapta (Baspinar) which we visit about every 2 months. One of the Turkish residents in the apartment block has now chained a dog up to the water tank enclosure fence and "made" a kennel out of an old oil drum. This is right under my balcony and the smell is already starting to get bad with faeces everywhere and rotten food (according to a neighbour who recently visited). Also it is a health hazard being right next to the water tanks. Also the dog barks all night - the owner lives on a higher floor and the other side of the apartment block. Apparently the owners girlfriend comes once a day and leaves a bucket of food for the poor thing, in British eyes the animal would be not cared for properly.
I am visiting this week and will have a chat with the owner but a neighbour has had problems with him previously as he is young and aggressive. Just wondering what my options are if push came to shove? Obviously I will try and sort it out amicably but I don't think that will happen. There is no committee on site to report the matter to.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dog Problem

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

what a rotten situation. Trouble is here that people think they can do what they like because their cultured has never been one to respect their neighbour or understand what they are doing can affect people adversely.

so, if you are dealing with a difficult person there is really only one path to go down . You are right that inthe firist instance to talk to him, then I would suggest if that doesn't work, you ask the police to talk to them, and/or the Belediye as it is a health problem, and possibly cruel to the animal which is against the law.

Maybe others have other ideas, but in mho that is the path to tread.

good luck. By the way we had a situation like that in the centre of Girne when we lived in a flat. Very difficult as the owner of the dog had a father high up in the military!

dokeep us posted as to your success.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Return to “PETS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”