Ercan Airport- Security

Find out where all the best bars are in North Cyprus. Be informed of what events are being held each week: Singers, Football Cricket or Rugby Match Screening, Darts and Pool Tournaments....

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Art
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Ercan Airport- Security

•   Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

Post by Art »

While waiting to meet my good friends from the UK,I stood in the general waiting area opposite the arrival doors and was absolutely amazed to see unauthorised people wondering in out of the double automatic doors to greet their friends and family in the baggage collection area.The prohibited sign on the double double doors being ignored by at least 6 people

I also noticed one lady leave the airport through the main doors and then returned back to the arrival entrance (using the same main doors) through to the baggage collection area without being challenged by any of the security staff who were less than 5 meters away.

I know Ercan airport is probably classed as low risk from any potential terrorist threat but surely the security guys should stop the general public from entering prohibited areas of the airport.....it's basic but essential security.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Ercan Airport- Security

•   Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

It bothers me every time we fly from there! When we place our luggage through the initial screen almost every time the staff on duty don't even look at the screen. The previous time we flew the guy was reading the local newspaper never glanced up at all, frightening.

The latest episode saw a lady on the telephone not looking at the screen, I walk through the machine bleeps, they never batted an eyelid.

Once through to the last check point same again, no one looking at the screen far to busy talking, its not rocket science, they are there to protect all passengers.

I realise that anyone wanting to cause mayhem could do so if they surely wanted however, you would think the security staff would give it lip service.

Return to “BARS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”