Dolphin Movers

Moving to North Cyprus or returning home?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Fesenjan123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dolphin Movers

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Fesenjan123 »

Does anyone have any feedback about this company? We are looking to have some boxes brought over from the UK. Nothing too big, just household items, and are looking for recommendations

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Dolphin Movers

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Kebelic Transport at Lapta do a van run UK to TRNC on a regular basis and they charge about £50 per box or case. I have used them twice and they are well worth using. Only two things to bear in mind are 1. You may have to take your boxes to their depot in Peckham in London and 2. they operate when the van is full, so it maybe a month or two before your goods arrive. On the two occasions I have used them no damage was caused to my goods and there does not seem to be any problem with import duty. Their UK number is 00447956962349 and TRNC is 05338602589.

suel5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by suel5 »

Friends have recently used them and had an awful experience with them. Cost them a lot of money too!

Royalcorpsoftranspor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Royalcorpsoftranspor »

suel5 wrote:Friends have recently used them and had an awful experience with them. Cost them a lot of money too!
Is that Dolphin, or Kebelic Tpt ?
Even though you see black clouds, there is always tomorrow when the sun will shine again

suel5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by suel5 »

Dolphin

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

If my memory serves me right, wasn't it a Dolphin ferry that sank a few years ago, on the way to here?
There was a big court case,as at first the company denied that the ferry was an old Mersey ferry. That boat had been declared unsafe to cross the river Mersey. Eventually it was proven that was the truth and the company fined.

Lovelife
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Lovelife »

We used Dolphin last Oct/Nov and did not have any problems.

They transported our 100 boxes, picked them up from our home in the UK took them to their base in the UK weighed, measured them and gave our final cost which was not much more than the quote they gave us, given on the information we provided about our goods we wanted transporting.

Our goods were transported overland from the UK to Turkey then ferry to the TRNC and should have taken about 12 days, but due to Bayram got held up in the backlog in Famagusta customs, only by a few days. Our goods were checked and delivered to our villa the following day.

If we emailed the company in the UK they always replied and if we went into the local office here with any questions they were always happy to help. The agent at Famagusta was efficient and very helpful.

We bought our own insurance as the Dolphin quote was as much to insure as it was to transport our goods!
Good luck
LL

Royalcorpsoftranspor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Royalcorpsoftranspor »

Thank you Lovelife,
It is always good to hear positives on here.
Even though you see black clouds, there is always tomorrow when the sun will shine again

soyelcin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by soyelcin »

I have sent a case with Ramadan from london. He should have been in Cyprus weeks ago. No answer from home and mobile telephone. Does anyone know if he is here?

nick.sinclair72
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by nick.sinclair72 »

Hi we have just used Dolphin,and could not have had it all go any better.The team they sent to our house in Essex were superb.everything went in the containerin 3.00hours.It arrived here exactly when they said it would,and another team of 4 lads unloaded it it 1 hour.They put everything where we wanted ,and nothing was damaged.
we had hickup with customs over a generator we brought with us,but the shipping guys sorted it out .
All in all,we can not fault Dolphin.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

We used Dolphin when they were called Aerofreight Cargo, we packed all out things ourselves in UK, but unfortunately when they arrived in TRNC, we knew some things had been rearranged and were damaged. We claimed on the insurance taken out with the company and had no problem with the claim, despite people telling us we would never have a successful claim.

We used Vargan as the agent in Famagusta and was excellent and delivery of our container to Ozankoy, although getting the lorry through at that time proved to be a nail biting experience, was ok.

I have always recommended that people get all the information of the shipping details, Bill of Lading, what ship is being used and all the insurance details. Photographs of any damage to goods. Ask also will your container be shared with someone else.. These details are needed to make a claim.

On our return to UK we used Euromed and they were excellent also and there was no damage back to Felixstowe, although the ship did not sail until fully laden which took 6 weeks to arrive, something at the time I was not made aware of, so another question to ask.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

fxtrnc
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by fxtrnc »

i have used Hire it overland they ship through TNT
Will a spec of dirt on a ball of mud floating through the universe make a difference

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

olaytrans are the best i used them and they helped with lots more things than just the move

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

This is all good info - thanks.
Last edited by PapaBravo on Tue 03 Jan 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spiceisnice
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Spiceisnice »

We used Dolphin and they done exactly what they offered and we had no problems at all. A

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

gates wrote:olaytrans are the best i used them and they helped with lots more things than just the move
We used Olaytrans as the receiving agents here in TRNC when we shipped over 60 boxes from Oman in June last year. Excellent service from the offices in Gazimagusa and Lefkosa. Delivery was prompt and nothing was damaged.

Jane M
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Jane M »

I used Olaytrans in Famagusta as my import agents. Absolutely excellent. They kept me informed about where my container was, helped me through the customs procedure, did a dry run in a car to make sure they could get the container lorry round the bend into my road and into my drive, unpacked and put the boxes where they needed to go and then returned for the packing materials. Cannot rate them highly enough and have no hesitation in recommending them.

gates

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by gates »

you cant beat olaytrans why anybody bothers with the rest i dont know but i do know some nightmares from people using others

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

A friend recently used Dolphin movers - a disaster for breakages and cost a fortune.
I am sure Dolphin will say it was not their fault but the fault of local packers - but these packers were recommended by Dolphin.

I used Euromed when we moved out here and they were SUPERB!
Highly recommend them and the packing in the UK was brilliant - no breakages! from 146 packages.
Follow this link:
http://euromed-uk.com/moving_to_cyprus.php

Return to “SHIPPING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”