Jo Valentines removals 2014 postings

Moving to North Cyprus or returning home?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

harveyfreedman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Jo Valentines removals 2014 postings

•   Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Post by harveyfreedman »

I'm sure you all must be related to Jo valentine, she's an absolute charlatan!!!, see the post "avoid Jo Valentine like the plague"

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Thankyou to Jo Valentines removals

•   Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

I used her in 2010 and all was well, but that was a long time ago, as far as I know they went bust since and she tried to resurrect something, but I don't think it's working

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

We used her a few years ago and thought her company were appalling lost two chairs amongst other things, dining table and wall unit damaged, large garden pots broken and no contact details ever given for the isurance company that we had paid about £800.00 for so I'm afraid I would agree with an earlier post don't touch with a barge pole. Presumably trying to drum up some business again.

owl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Post by owl »

A response from Jo Valentine would obviously be useful!

harveyfreedman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Post by harveyfreedman »

Wouldn't it Just!!!

harveyfreedman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

Post by harveyfreedman »

Hey everybody

Check out today's cyprus today, Jo Valantine removals has hit front page, for taking money from customers whilst bankrupt!!!!, the customer has reported her to the Yorkshire police and trading standards

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Then he is doing the right thing. Going to the police in U.K where she is based. Maybe we should have written in KKT about it, but I reckon it is enough that the problem has been running on the forum. I hope that the man in quesiton (who is a forum member) gets his money back and compe nsation.

I think it is appalling that people go unpunished when they have stolen from others.

That reminds me, what can I do about people who steal my articles here without permission? If only I were in U.K.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

harveyfreedman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Post by harveyfreedman »

It's a woman and she had to pay 2500 pounds sterling to the shippers here to get her goods released as they had canceled Valentines credit line, in addition to the 5000 she paid in the UK to Valentines
It's an absolute disgrace

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Wow. That must be another victim then. There was another on here in a similar situation. hope that he adds his voice to that of the woman. The story here was 'cash flow problems' - same difference, I guess - customer ripped off!
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

harveyfreedman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Post by harveyfreedman »

Yeh, what a shame you did not listen to me back in June 2013 when she ripped us off, stole our goods and broke lots of stuff due to shoddy packaging, instead of closing the post down, we may have saved some poor people lots of dosh

ozonkoyboy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Post by ozonkoyboy »

I have looked on the Companies House (UK) official Businesses in Liquidation,Admiration & insolvencies site, there is no mention of James Valentines Removals, Doncaster being listed as any of these
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination”

owl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Post by owl »

ozonkoyboy

It can take months or a year+ for any registered business to show up! The Legal process works slowly. Meanwhile there may be other unsuspecting customers (or suppliers) who fall foul!

Another check is a name check on Co. Directors, this can show current status and any previous 'lapsed' directorships. Often an indication of someone you may prefer to avoid.

modman
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Re: Jo Valentines removals 2014 postings

•   Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Post by modman »

i have split this topic and just included recent postings since the original heading praising Vanlentine's service was way out of date and was therefore giving an out of date impression. The original topic has been locked.

harveyfreedman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Post by harveyfreedman »

I have also checked companies house, after locating the company registration number, and here below are the results:-

Name & Registered Office:
JAMES VALENTINE REMOVALS LTD
PARK NOOK BANNISTER LANE
SKELBROOKE
DONCASTER
SOUTH YORKSHIRE
UNITED KINGDOM
DN6 8LT
Company No. 07318475

Date of Incorporation: 19/07/2010

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):
49410 - Freight transport by road
Accounting Reference Date: 31/07
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/07/2011 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)
Next Accounts Due:
Last Return Made Up To: 19/07/2012
Next Return Due:
Mortgage: Number of charges: ( 0 outstanding / 0 satisfied / 0 part satisfied )
Last Members List: 19/07/2012
Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.
UK Establishment Details
There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.
Oversea Company Info
There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

System Requirements

Return to search page

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

"no over seadetails" which proves we don't exist!!!

Wookie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Wookie »

I am the ripped off customer referred to here, if you look at my earlier post "horror story" you can see what has happened, I engaged the services of James Valentine Removals to store and then ship my goods across to Lapta, I paid £2,100.00 in June, then when I was ready for my "worldly goods" I was asked for a further £2,593.00 which I paid in October, (this was £200.00 more than agreed but put down to shipping cost, fuel). This was 3 MONTHS AFTER they had gone into liquidation!!! Then on the morning I was to meet the shipping agent at Nicosia Customs I received an email from Jo Valentine (Josephine Metcalfe - wife of Derek Metcalfe Director of James Valentine, whom I paid my money too) saying she was sorry, business had been bad and she could not pay the shipping agent, so I would have to pay a further £2,200 to the shipping agent to release my goods, if I did not the shipping agent were within their right to seize my goods and auction them off to recoup their losses!!!
I have been in touch with the authorities in the UK, and I am awaiting replies. It seems to me that this company who are now trading as VALENTINE MEDMOVERS are in breach of the Services and Goods Act, (amended 1982), Taking money under false pretenses, and other offences, which I shall be pursuing.
I would urge anyone who has had dealings with this company within the last 2 years to PM me, and if they are willing to give me an account of what happened to them I can put this forward as evidence, as this company MUST BE STOPPED, they are still taking money from innocent law abiding people, and I would not want anyone to suffer the same distress that I have been through, so please contact me

harveyfreedman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Post by harveyfreedman »

Hi Wookie

If you go to the postings and look up "avoid valentine removals like the plague" you will have an account of what happen to us including a missing tea chest of valuable crystal, broken mirrors and ornaments due to shoddy packing techniques, missing bag with brand new mattress protectors and towels, very expensive mirror broken, flower pots mostly broken again due to shoddy packaging, when they arrived they said they had been informed that we had packed most of the stuff ourselves even though we had paid for a full packaging and unpacking service at this end, they stated that they may not get packed in time to meet the deadline of the new owners of our property moving in, so we had to jump in and assist with the packaging, we bought a tin of biscuits and sandwiches and crisps for the worker, they were in such a rush, we discovered them in one of the packing cases when we unloaded, we had no one at all at this end, as the assistant who was supposed to meet us at the customs office, made an excuse she had to go on a hospital appointment, so if my wife did not speak Turkish, we would have had a big problem, as the staff we encountered did not speak English, also the packing cases were mostly marked up incorrectly, example. Bedroom, had garage and kitchen utensils etc, we had a total of 400 boxes, and when the container finally arrived they were just dumped anywhere they could find a space, so it took us three weeks of running up and down the stair with boxes, only to find the rooms that they were marked up as were incorrect, so had to be handled twice, my wife was completely stressed out, for weeks after. so..if you need any assistance what so ever in bringing this crook to justice, just email me and i will take great pleasure in nailing her sorry backside to the wall

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Just came across this thread, after say we used valentines in Aug 2015 door to door and never had any issues.
We did do our own packing and only had a part load.
Hope you got sorted.

Fiona Macaulay
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Fiona Macaulay »

Companies House say that James Valentine Removals - co number 07318475 were dissolved on 12/04/14!

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

It was a Jo valentine we dealt with working out of Doncaster, the actual shipping agent was Euromed.

Fiona Macaulay
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Fiona Macaulay »

Have a read at Wookies notes above!

Wookie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

Post by Wookie »

Kerry it was Jo Valentine that I dealt with, you had a very lucky escape, I also did all my own packing had a full container and it was Euromed that were the shipping agent too (although I have no issue with them as they were as much a victim as me). I contacted the National Fraud Squad not their remit, South Yorkshire Police not their remit, Citzens Advice Doncaster not their remit finally Trading Standards Doncaster, what a waste of space their were!!! They actually made an appointment to visit her at her premises in Doncaster to discuss the matter!!! GIVE ME STRENGTH!!! thought Trading Standards swooped on Fraudsters not went for a cosy chat with tea and cakes!!! they advised her to repay the debt when she could..................still waiting after sending two letters direct to her asking for my money back (by registered mail) nothing! Yes I could go to small claims court but I would have to be in the UK which I am not. I believe the courts would of awarded me my money back knowing now what type of business this is I probably would get one payment then have to involve the baliffs to get the remainder. So have written it off as a bad experience, like the six other people that contacted what really makes my blood boil is this fraudster is still trading..........

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I have said before use Olaytrans they are the best and for advise

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 24 in Discussion