Moving

Moving to North Cyprus or returning home?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Piper
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Moving

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Piper »

I didn’t realise that if you are moving your household contents out of TRNC
by an agent that you had to get your local Mukhtar to visit your home to view said goods and to stamp and sign forms to authorise shipment,
I have seen a lot of useful info on here under shipping but never seen anything about this,
there’s no problem but it might be of interest to anyone thinking of shipping goods out.

gary&shirley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Moving

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by gary&shirley »

Don't think that is correct. you do have to inform HMRC of your contents to get a specific number which you need to pass to the removal company but never heard of having to inform local authority.

Piper
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Piper »

Yourwrong,it’s been done today at my address,by the local Mukhtar in Dogankoy.
and it’s the law,
as said it’s no big issue but might help others ,it’s info.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Piper wrote:Yourwrong,it’s been done today at my address,by the local Mukhtar in Dogankoy.
and it’s the law,
as said it’s no big issue but might help others ,it’s info.
it could be if you are releasing the goods for the owner and do not know where to find the Muhtar as you, yourself do not live in that area.

I have appreciated you letting me know

Jasja
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Jasja »

Make sure you check everything leaving here and arriving in the UK. We shipped 46 boxes/items back to the UK but only received 33! The shipping company told us they stacked it all onto 2 pallets and the UK side received only 2 pallets and delivered that to our storage locker. We told the shipper here it would be an impossibility to get it all on 2 pallets what's missing would fill a pallet! But to give them the benefit of doubt we asked, would they send us the pallet measurement and the height limit that they use. Twice we've asked now and got no response. They won't even speak to us now!

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Jasja,
With which shipping company did you send your goods ans were they sent as part of a container load please?

Return to “SHIPPING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”