Man & Van Uk to TRNC

Moving to North Cyprus or returning home?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dixiecyp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Man & Van Uk to TRNC

•   Message 1 of 59 in Discussion

Post by dixiecyp »

I need a 9kg item to be brought from Uk to Girne, I believe there is a man and van who does regular runs from UK to TRNC, can anyone help with phone numbers please, if you have used this service and can recommend someone that would be better.
Thanks in anticipation

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Man & Van Uk to TRNC

•   Message 2 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

dixiecyp, welcome to the forum. Might be helpful if you let members know what part of the UK for pick-up.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

soyelcin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 59 in Discussion

Post by soyelcin »

hi, i kept these numbers when they came up on another forum incase I ever needed them.
0750 7179418 & 0533 8366008 (cyprus )
also Ismail 0794 6563574 & 0542 8569756 (cyprus)
I haven't tried them but they came recommended on the forum

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Go to the search box on the old cyprus 44 site there are loads of numbers on there. Its pricey though £50 per suitcase.

dixiecyp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 59 in Discussion

Post by dixiecyp »

I have tried cyprus 44, but its too far back, but thanks for the idea, the item is to be collected from Sutton in Ashfield Notts, and it has to be cheaper than DHL or going back myself to UK

dixiecyp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 59 in Discussion

Post by dixiecyp »

Thanks Soyelcin, I will try these numbers

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

I have used these guys time and time again to ship from SE London to Lapta (delivered to me).

They've been doing this run, back and forth, for over 20 years now.

Kelebek Transport
Ramadan Kelebek
0553 8602589
0392 8211442 (house)
44 7956962349 (UK number)

Arif Kekebek (Ramadan's son)
0542 8525659
44 7956157983 (UK number)

A large suitcase, or a large office removal box, or a large nylon bag (washing bag type) costs in the region of £50. My large office removal boxes take two of us to lift on to and off the van. I think these guys are very good value.

Their journey takes about a week and they travel in convoy of anywhere between 3-5 large vans.

I believe one or both are back on the UK (SE London) at the moment. I would guess they will leave again for Cyprus towards the end of May.
libens volens potens

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 8 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

a1sysman, Welcome to the forum, great info, do these huys get everything through customs and deliver to the door?
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

yorgozlu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 59 in Discussion

Post by yorgozlu »

a1sysman wrote:I have used these guys time and time again to ship from SE London to Lapta (delivered to me).

They've been doing this run, back and forth, for over 20 years now.

Kelebek Transport
Ramadan Kelebek
0553 8602589
0392 8211442 (house)
44 7956962349 (UK number)

Arif Kekebek (Ramadan's son)
0542 8525659
44 7956157983 (UK number)

A large suitcase, or a large office removal box, or a large nylon bag (washing bag type) costs in the region of £50. My large office removal boxes take two of us to lift on to and off the van. I think these guys are very good value.

Their journey takes about a week and they travel in convoy of anywhere between 3-5 large vans.

I believe one or both are back on the UK (SE London) at the moment. I would guess they will leave again for Cyprus towards the end of May.
I spoke to the son last week,I have a parcel to bring over,and they are coming over at the end of april.
always be yourself because the ones matter don't mind and the ones mind don't matter

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Soner wrote:a1sysman, Welcome to the forum, great info, do these huys get everything through customs and deliver to the door?
Yes, these guys do get everything through customs and will deliver to your door - assuming you don't live in the back of beyond. They have been doing this transportation service for a long time and know a lot of people... that was the answer I got when I asked them direct about customs some years back.

I wouldn't expect them to deliver a small package, or similar, out to Gazimağusa for example without a petrol/time consideration.

Their base is Lapta, pretty close to Hoş Beş market, on the opposite site of the main road.
libens volens potens

gemini39
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 59 in Discussion

Post by gemini39 »

Yes what great info and as Soner asks do they do all customs clearance ?

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

gemini39 wrote:Yes what great info and as Soner asks do they do all customs clearance ?
Customs clearance does not seem to be an issue in my experience, but then again, I have not tried to import/export narcotics, etc.

See my previous post please.
libens volens potens

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 13 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

a1sysman, I don't think that gemini39 wanted to import narcotics LOL.. Somethings that are brought into the country are subject to import tax and so this is what was meant by whether the guys would deal with the tax issues at custom, ie pay the tax to release items, then they claim back from client.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Soner wrote:a1sysman, I don't think that gemini39 wanted to import narcotics LOL.. Somethings that are brought into the country are subject to import tax and so this is what was meant by whether the guys would deal with the tax issues at custom, ie pay the tax to release items, then they claim back from client.
I understood.

I have not experienced any tax or customs issues through using Kelebek Transport. I feel it is not for me to spell it out - if you haven't got the message already - please give Ramadan or Arif a call on the numbers I provided and discuss your specific transportation needs. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
libens volens potens

Hillbilly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Hillbilly »

Hi A1sysman
Thanks for the contact numbers for Man with van uk to Cyprus, can you tell me what happens regarding customs etc?
Thanks
Hillbilly

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 16 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

LOL, you trying to wind him up again....?

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Soner wrote:LOL, you trying to wind him up again....?
If it keeps the tread alive, so be it. All publicity is good publicity - my vested interest is the ongoing success of Ramadan and Arif's business - that way I continue to get my stuff into Cyprus with minimal fuss and at reasonable cost.
libens volens potens

Mukel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Needed - Man and Van from South Wales to Lapta

•   Message 18 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Mukel »

Having explored the cost of containers, we are now wondering what are peoples experiences relating to bringing the kitchen sink? In other words, is it more economical to start afresh with most things - Bikes etc?

Obviously, there are some larger items that are indispensable so if there's someone out there who would like to quote us for a van load please reply or email.

Cheers

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Needed - Man and Van from South Wales to Lapta

•   Message 19 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Have you tried James Valentine: http://www.medmovers.co.uk/

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 20 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Just merged this topic. Before we get a1sysman any more irate than he seems, look at above posts for man in van.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Soner wrote:Just merged this topic. Before we get a1sysman any more irate than he seems, look at above posts for man in van.
The postings have not irritated me, far from it. They serve a purpose - keeps this topic alive.
Mukel wrote:Needed - Man and Van from South Wales to Lapta
South Wales is perhaps not too far for Kelebek Transport to consider viable business - if you wished to fill a van. Phone Arif as he speaks the better English on 44 7956157983 to discuss.

I have seen a three piece suite in the back of one of their vans, and a massive flat screen TV. I believe they towed a large speed boat over as well last year.

They transported over six full size metal double fronted office cabinets for me, in three journeys.
libens volens potens

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 59 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Hi,
Have just used this service to bring two fairly big cardboard cartons from the UK to TRNC and have to say it is well worth using. Also have to say that it is not all plain sailing, speaking to Ramadan or his son and getting them to fully understand can be tricky. In the end the two boxes were taken to the London Depot and given to Ramadan to bring. They sort of disappeared into the ether at that point as he was leaving at the end of May. My wife was getting quite worried that she would never see her things again. Two days ago, I was passing the Lapta Depot and saw lots of boxes and cases and call in. My two boxes were quickly located and for the princely sum of £80 they were loaded into my vehicle. The boxes were in perfect condition and nothing was damaged. No problems with customs or anything. Would recommend the service to everyone and will be using it again soon. Only problem I can see is that you would probably have to take the items to the London Depot yourselves, he did promise to collect on two or three occasions but in the end we thought it better to ensure the boxes came, so that was why we took them to him.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

pc4854 wrote:Hi,
Have just used this service to bring two fairly big cardboard cartons from the UK to TRNC and have to say it is well worth using. Also have to say that it is not all plain sailing, speaking to Ramadan or his son and getting them to fully understand can be tricky. In the end the two boxes were taken to the London Depot and given to Ramadan to bring. They sort of disappeared into the ether at that point as he was leaving at the end of May. My wife was getting quite worried that she would never see her things again. Two days ago, I was passing the Lapta Depot and saw lots of boxes and cases and call in. My two boxes were quickly located and for the princely sum of £80 they were loaded into my vehicle. The boxes were in perfect condition and nothing was damaged. No problems with customs or anything. Would recommend the service to everyone and will be using it again soon. Only problem I can see is that you would probably have to take the items to the London Depot yourselves, he did promise to collect on two or three occasions but in the end we thought it better to ensure the boxes came, so that was why we took them to him.
Thanks for this posting - I too had two boxes on Ramadan Kelebek's van - I now know they are ready to collect from Lapta.

If it is of any use to members of this forum Arif, Ramadan's son, will be leaving Peckham, SE London, within the next couple of weeks. If you have boxes or any other items (I've seen three piece suites in the back of their vans before, 60" flat screen TVs too) call Arif and arrange collection or drop off with him. UK phone number (Arif or Ramadan - Arif has both UK phones at the moment) is further down in this thread.
libens volens potens

eagleyemonkey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 59 in Discussion

Post by eagleyemonkey »

Can anyone tell me if these UK telephone numbers are still correct and if this service is still operating.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 59 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

spoke to Arif on his TRNC phone yesterday. Being a little deaf he is difficult for me to understand but I think a van load has recently arrived and the items are somewhere in Alsancak. If you get to speak to him see if you can get directions to this 'depot'.

eagleyemonkey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 59 in Discussion

Post by eagleyemonkey »

I am in the Uk at the moment.
Could you confirm his phone numbers are the same. I have sent texts on both UK phones with the sizes and weight but I haven't had a reply as yet.
Thanks for your response.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 59 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

Yes Phone numbers are the same. I have now made contact and have received my three boxes yesterday. Their new depot is easy to find in Alsancak. Going from Lapta towards Girne, pass Starling Supermarket on your left, next is a fairly new shopping arcade (Think it is called Van Dere or similar) and they are in the back of that arcade with a storeage facility underneath. They were both working there yesterday. Very good service they offer but it is not a scheduled service, I'm guessing that they wait til the van is full and then come over.

fossegg
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 59 in Discussion

Post by fossegg »

Received my goods yesterday after a 5 month wait and sorry to say at least a quarter of my breakables are broken and a piece of furniture badly damaged.
As we waited a long time for delivery into London,can only assume they were broken whilst they were stored at their yard.
Disappointed.

vicsterleigh99
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 59 in Discussion

Post by vicsterleigh99 »

Hi there, I'm looking for the cheapest way to get 7 Large Boxes and a couple of suitcases back to the UK (Stevenage) from Lapta.
Is there a man and a van service that offers this as my load will probably be too small for a container. Many thanks

mikea11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 59 in Discussion

Post by mikea11 »

Does anyone know if he still uses the storage facility below the shopping arcade in alasacak? Would be interested to hear if anyone else is waiting for goods to be delivered.

mikea11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 59 in Discussion

Post by mikea11 »

Goods delivered intact yesterday

goped
Member contributing to forum
Member contributing to forum

•   Message 32 of 59 in Discussion

Post by goped »

hi when are you going uk again thanks ...

mikea11
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 59 in Discussion

Post by mikea11 »

I suggest you make contact with Arif by phone as I don't believe he comes on here.

Colettenesbitt
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Colettenesbitt »

I can't seem to get hold of Ramadam, man with a van, ?????

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Colettenesbitt wrote:I can't seem to get hold of Ramadam, man with a van, ?????
Have you tried Arif, Ramadan's son and business partner, too...?

Ramadan Kelebek 0533 8602589, 0392 8211442, 0044 7956 962349
Arif Kelebek 0542 8525659, 0044 7956 157983
libens volens potens

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 59 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Great info - thanks.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 37 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

If you are in the UK, phone Arif Kelebek on 0044 (0)795 6157983 - he will be packing a load on Friday morning, in Peckham SE London, for shipment to Cyprus, Lapta. Will take about 20 days I understand.

I have used Arif for transportation to and fro UK/Cyprus many times and can recommend.
libens volens potens

Marco
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Marco »

Has anyone used this service recently? I've been trying contact Arif for a while to locate some items.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 39 of 59 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

Useful info, thanks. However, the question asked, but not answered is, "does he take stuff from Cyprus to the UK", and if 'yes', where in the UK?

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 40 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

PapaBravo wrote:Useful info, thanks. However, the question asked, but not answered is, "does he take stuff from Cyprus to the UK", and if 'yes', where in the UK?
Yes.
I collect my returns to the UK from Peckham, SE London. There may be other collection options, but Peckham suits me fine.

You will have to speak to Ramadan Kelebek directly (currently in Cyprus) to discuss UK collection options. Phone numbers given in an earlier posting in this thread.

Arif Kelebek is currently in the UK.
libens volens potens

ash2828
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 41 of 59 in Discussion

Post by ash2828 »

Hi people has anyone used this service recently. If so how recently as I wish to use them this month. Your replys will be appreciated. Thanks

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 42 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

ash2828 wrote:Hi people has anyone used this service recently. If so how recently as I wish to use them this month. Your replys will be appreciated. Thanks
I used the service from UK to Cyprus in May and again in June of this year. All packages received in good order and nothing damaged. I am currently using their service from Cyprus to UK.

Can I suggest you use the contact numbers published in earlier posts in this thread if you wish to use their service this month, or you may miss the boat, figuratively and literally.
libens volens potens

ash2828
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 43 of 59 in Discussion

Post by ash2828 »

Hi

One more bit of info do you give him the money when the goods arrive or when you leave the goods with him in Peckham. Thanks

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 44 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

ash2828 wrote:One more bit of info do you give him the money when the goods arrive or when you leave the goods with him in Peckham.
When I first started using this service it was cash up front with the cargo.

I now have a good working relationship and things are more relaxed - sometimes I pay up front (mostly and this being my choice), sometimes I pay upon (or after) collection/delivery.

Note: I have used this service for some years now and a mutual trust relationship has been built up between Arif and Ramadan and this particular client.

This is not like DHL or similar courier so do not expect the same level of service, ie there is no overnight delivery or anything remotely like that. Kelebek Transport no longer ship overland via their own road transport, they now utilise shipping containers and do not look to ship from either London or Cyprus until their container is full. Then there is the ship departure - involving a third party shipping agent and ship departures etc are out of Kelebek Transport's control.

Having said all that, I have seldom had to wait too long for delivery at either end - max has been about eight weeks, but don't quote me on that. The delivery charges have always been competitive and I have never been let down. Others speak of different experiences. You pays your money and you takes your choice.
libens volens potens

keepsmiling
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 45 of 59 in Discussion

Post by keepsmiling »

These are old posts and I wondered if anyone can advise me now as I am needing to get some of our stuff back to the UK asap. Anyone out there recently used a Man and Van??? Tel: 0533 843 9207 Thanks.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 46 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

keepsmiling wrote:These are old posts and I wondered if anyone can advise me now as I am needing to get some of our stuff back to the UK asap. Anyone out there recently used a Man and Van??? Tel: 0533 843 9207 Thanks.
You say these are old posts - the previous post to yours is dated 20 September 2016. Days old, I'll give you that.

The telephone numbers for Arif and Ramadan provided in the thread are still valid. You can find both on Facebook too.
libens volens potens

ash2828
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 47 of 59 in Discussion

Post by ash2828 »

Hi people

I have got some boxes hopefully coming they said they have left on the 25th of this month from U.K. I asked how long for it to arrive in Cyprus they said 3 weeks. Are they pushing the van all the way here I thought it normally takes 1 week
Max can someone advise on this with their experience. Are there other people waiting for their stuff on this truck.

Thanks again

Fesenjan123
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 48 of 59 in Discussion

Post by Fesenjan123 »

I'm sure your boxes will arrive -just quite a bit later than you thought they would. Ours arrived about 7 weeks later than we expected but everything was intact. We knew before we used these guys that the stuff basically gets here 'when it gets here' so were not unduly worried. We would use them again, as long as the delivery wasn't required to be urgent.

ash2828
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 49 of 59 in Discussion

Post by ash2828 »

Hi people

Can somebody let me know the exact place of their depo and directions please.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 50 of 59 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

ash2828 wrote:Hi people

Can somebody let me know the exact place of their depo and directions please.
Turning up at the depot close to Starling on the main coast road Alsancak / Lapta is not your best bet at least not without having first discussed with Arif or Ramadan to confirm they will be there. Phone numbers for both further up in this thread.

Their storage unit / depot is behind and below a row of commercial units, accessed off the main road. You cannot see the depot from the main road. Best to phone....
libens volens potens

Return to “SHIPPING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”