Avoid Jo Valentine removals like the plague

Moving to North Cyprus or returning home?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

harveyfreedman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Avoid Jo Valentine removals like the plague

Post by harveyfreedman »

What ever you do..do not use Jo Valentine removals, they have lost a tea chest full of lead crystal, when I finally got hold of her, because she rarely takes your call, especially if it is regarding a problem you have, she said" o' it must have been taken by the customs men, they do that sometimes" we'll the customs men arrived in a car with the unloading company here called Euromed, they were absolutely fantastic, so impossible to get four guys and a tea chest into a car, I saw it leave my garage through my front door, and that's that's the last I saw of it, she promised to investigate and call me the next day, no return call, on the day of removal, the guys showed up at midday, and stated we will never get this packed in time to get it on the container, so my wife and I had to get stuck in and assist with the packing, most of the boxes were marked up wrong, kitchen as bedroom and visa versa, which meant, lots of up and down the stairs at this end..it's been an absolute nightmare from beginning to end..Use this company at your peril, from what I can work out she runs this business from her house, as when I called on several occasions, she was either at the hairdressers, with a friend manning the phones or at the dentist http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/p ... =post&f=41#

paddywack
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Avoid Jo Valentine removals like the plague

Post by paddywack »

Totally uncalled for post if you have a problem, take it up with the person or business, if no joy take the legal route, you have no call posting on here trying to ruin a persons living where the world and his wife can read about it.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Marions »

Obviously you have had a bad experience, but many people do with transporting goods around the world. We have been lucky on both occasions we have done it, and it was different companies. |But we did have problems with an agent in Turkey, so there are often problems, but I do feel you should take it up with a legal company, or claim on insurance if you can prove the loss etc, etc. I know there are people who have been delighted with the service offered by this company, and would recommend them. things do go wrong and I am so sorry it has happened to you. Other people recenty lost ALL their goods when a ship sunk! Nasty. And one knows that money back does not replace items which may have more value than just money.
It is really against the rules to be hyper critical of a company, and it could ruin their business through little fault of their own. If soner chooses to delete this, then I am sure he will, but for now I urge you to get this sorted through legal channels or direct with them. Many of us can understand your frustrations at this, and I am sure you are trying to warn others, but as I said other people have had excellent service from this company, and this is really a personal matter. do you know any lawyers etc, or try the Citizens Advice place here run by Pembe Ibrahim (I think).
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

Surely the original poster has the right to express an opinion and advise others of the possible pitfalls in using this particular provider?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Post by Soner »

In life not everything will go smoothly. I too had things shipped to Cyprus a few years back (I will not mention the company - no point ) but I had quite a few items missing and damaged. Sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles, so you try and deal with the problem through your agent in an amicable fashion or go to the courts.

If Jo said that she will investigate, then do give her reasonable time to do so, am sure your problem will be sorted one way or another.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

harveyfreedman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by harveyfreedman »

Hi Soner
That's all well and good and I agree with you, but this woman never returns my call, always makes excuses, so how can you deal with silence

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by PapaBravo »

I agree with the sentiments expressed by tomsteel at msg 4.

Hippocampus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hippocampus »

So do I. This sort of publicity of shoddy service can only improve things. That the women is not communicating with her disgruntled customer is really at the crux of the matter, I am sure that, had she have been apologetic, helpful, and keen to offer recompense, he would not have felt the need to warn people about her.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Marions »

I understood this matter is being investigated by Valentines, and whilst it is O.K normally for people to have their say, there is really little else that can be said about it. Another thread has nothing but praise for this company, and as several of us have said/thought, it is unfortunate that this is a bad experience, and can be sorted only between the parties in question.
In the circumstances, there is nothing to add , so I am locking this post. People can still read it and if they have anything positive to say, then they are at liberty to start another thread.
We all hope that the matter gets resolved satisfactorily and soon.

(If by any chance soner disagrees with my decision, he will unlock the thread of course.)
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Return to “SHIPPING - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”