Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

North Cyprus Cypriot

•   Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

A friend from England stayed with us last October and this is what he wrote:
I've been dining out on my stay with you. SWWAC (South West Wilts Agricultural Club) invited me to give a talk on North Cyprus and my holiday there, which I did in November. It went down quite well, I think. I used iMovie to stitch together some brief videos (I'll send you a couple). Everyone enjoyed the one of David dancing with the dog! My instructions for the talk included that it should be lighthearted and so I began with a Turkish Cypriot joke (found on the internet):

A sparrow lives in a churchyard. Every time it drinks water from the basin near the belltower, it shits on the bell. The Pastor gets fed up with this and, as an experiment, empties the water out of the basin and fills it with wine. The sparrow drinks the wine and still craps on the bell. This infuriates the Pastor, who says to the bird, 'Hey, Sparrow. You can't be a Christian because you drink the water and do your mess on the bell, and you can't be a Muslim because you drink the wine! What are you?' 'A Cypriot,' answers the bird.

Nobody laughed but it served well as my introduction to a brief political backgorund.

It wasn't hilarious but very true and made me smile!!!

Return to “JOKES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”