Have a laugh...but keep it clean.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Good Samaritans

•   Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

A man was working in the Post Offce sorting area one day when he came across a letter in shaky handwriting simply addressed to “God”.
As there was no other forwarding address, he thought he should open it to see what it was about.
The letter read:
Dear God, I am an eighty-six-year-old widow, living on a very meagre pension. The other day someone stole my purse. It had £50 in it, which was all the money I have until my next pension cheque. Next Sunday is Christmas Eve and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner. Without that money I have nothing to buy food with. As I have no family to turn to, you are my only hope. Can you please help me?
Yours sincerely, Ethel.

The postal worker was very moved by the letter and showed it to all of his fellow employees. Every one of them stumped up some money – by the time he made the rounds, he had collected £46, which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman. They all felt happy in the knowledge the old lady would be able to share a meal on Christmas Eve with her friends. Christmas came and went and a few days later another letter arrived, addressed in the same shaky handwriting, again addressed to God. All the Post Offce workers gathered around while the letter was opened. It read:

Dear God, How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me? Because of your generosity I had a lovely Christmas Eve with my friends and I told them all about your wonderful gift.
Yours sincerely, Ethel.

P.S. There was £4 missing. I think it must have been those thieving barstewards at the Post Office.

Return to “JOKES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”