'flock and shock'

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Witchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

'flock and shock'

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Witchy »

My pool has been left to fester over the winter months and I need a company to get it back to normal, shock, flock and anything else they do. I do not need monthly maintenance.

Does anyone recommend a pool company and if so, please could I have their details plus any costs, if you know.

Thank you

TB10pilot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: 'flock and shock'

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by TB10pilot »

You can flock it quite easily yourself. Just go to any good pool supplier, explain the problem and they will sell you the correct chemical.

davidthomas
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by davidthomas »

I agree with TB10pilot. Add flock, leave pump running for a few minutes to circulate chemicals, vac to waste the next day.

brian24001
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by brian24001 »

If you do flock it yourself, you might want to circulate a little longer than a few minutes, and you will want the pool on 'recirculate' so you don't end up with flock in the balance tank (assuming you are an overflow) or in the sand in the filter.

To be honest, I have only ever used flock once, usually turning the pump off for 4-5 days and allowing solids to settle is sufficient.

I would suggest then you consider 1 or 2 (depending how bad your water is) bottles of Zero Chlor from Pool Tek in Karakum, works very well. Don't pour it in the pool, pour it into the pump basket, it jets into the pool much more efficiently.
But one warning, if you use it soon after, and you have blonde hair, it will likely turn green from the copper in the chemical.

I also use Chlorine with the ZC, Bu I know there are some here using ZC alone. I use it purely as an algecide.
The wife keeps complaining I never listen to a word she says ............. or something like that.

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”