green pool

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

green pool

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

should a pool go green after 1 week of being left?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: green pool

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

It depends on the weather - I've seen pools go green overnight when there's been adverse conditions...

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Not enough chlorine. Can go green in one day.

I have a salt pool, added some extra chlorine and had it covered for 4 months, came back to a crystal clear pool.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Keithcaley wrote:It depends on the weather - I've seen pools go green overnight when there's been adverse conditions...
but this was last week in karakum

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

If you are looking for an explanation of a specific event, rather than a general answer to your very general question, then you would need to provide much more information about the state of the pool, and circumstances surrounding the event.

Are you the pool cleaner / maintainer?

What was the state of the chemical balance of the pool water, etc.

Why was the pool left?

Normally, if you were intending to leave a pool unattended, and uncared for, you would arrange that the chlorine level was sufficiently high to carry it through any predictable weather conditions for the period that was envisioned.

As Soner says, covering the pool is a really effective preventive measure against air borne particles containing algae spores - particularly events such as the recent sand / dust which was reportedly carried across to Cyprus from North Africa, as reported here by 'dippersgirl' on March 8th. These are precisely the type of events which can result in even a well maintained pool turning green overnight.

Without members knowing more about the circumstances, and why you are asking the question, I'm afraid that you are likely to get answers that are far from relevant, as people recount episodes from their own experience...

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

KC you also forgot the dog!

I remember calling on a couple on a Monday along with the Pool cleaner and on the Wednesday I had a call asking how they could keep a stray dog out of the pool area and did I have netting for the gate as the dog was walking through the bars. On the Thursday arrived again along with pool cleaner to find the pool green. They did say if they had not been there and witnessed the pool turn from lovely blue on the Wednesday to the aqua blue they would of never believed anything could turn so quick. They had actually taken pictures every hour during the afternoon and were shocked at what they woke up to on Thursday.

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”