Pool chlorinater and automatic cleaner

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Pool chlorinater and automatic cleaner

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

Anyone had this installed? If so who did it and has it been reliable? Or do know of another method of looking after your pool with little effort?

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Pool chlorinater and automatic cleaner

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

I installed a salt water chlorinator, works very well, gives the water a slight but healthy salty taste. Have been unable to source the bags of salt in the North so buy them from the South side at around €5 a time. Have a a robotic cleaner, supposed to clean walls and steps which it won't. It will keep a clean pool clean but when used in my pool that has only a slight layer of dirt on the bottom it will pick up most of it but leaves a clear pool cloudy, repeated use will then clear the pool. Even with these things there is always maintenance to do.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Thornaby, ask your local Bakkal to get you salt. I purchased 500kg for about £2 per 50kg. I also have a Salt Cholorinator, but have not used in in full swing as yet, but will now from here on.

Yes and No, I also use a Barracuda ( Mechanical not electric ), works a treat. I keep it on most of the time whilst pool is pumping. The best thing you can invest in is an automatic Poolcover. I just reopened the pool after being away for 6 months and water is crystal clear. I normally leave pump to run for an hour a day in the winter with pool covered. As Thornaby said, you will still need to do some maintenance, check chlorine and Alkaline levels and brush down walls and steps. I have managed my pool on my own for the past 3/4 years now.

Hope this helps.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

Soner wrote:Thornaby, ask your local Bakkal to get you salt. I purchased 500kg for about £2 per 50kg. I also have a Salt Cholorinator, but have not used in in full swing as yet, but will now from here on.

Yes and No, I also use a Barracuda ( Mechanical not electric ), works a treat. I keep it on most of the time whilst pool is pumping. The best thing you can invest in is an automatic Poolcover. I just reopened the pool after being away for 6 months and water is crystal clear. I normally leave pump to run for an hour a day in the winter with pool covered. As Thornaby said, you will still need to do some maintenance, check chlorine and Alkaline levels and brush down walls and steps. I have managed my pool on my own for the past 3/4 years now.

Hope this helps.
Yes ,this is what I was after,thanks. Who installed the barracuda please. Or did you bring yout own,also who did you use for the poolcover.?thanks. Did you use a firm for the whole lot?

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

We get salt from Siba in Alsancak

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Yes and No, I have pm'd you.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

POOLTECH
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by POOLTECH »

POOLTECH supply and install various types of Automatic pool water chlorinators. Including Salt or Liquid chlorine versions. You can also add optional PH controller too.
More information is on our website - http://www.poolshopcyprus.com
http://www.gemaskibris.com/depo/Salt_Chlorinator.pdf
We sell the appropriate chemicals to support these systems - including salt in 25kg bags at €6.30 euro.
We are able to test your pool water F.O.C. for various things, including the salt ppm level.

We also supply the Maytronics Dolphin range of robotic pool cleaners. Our website gives prices and information.
http://www.poolshopcyprus.com

All of the above are available to view / be demonstrated in our shop in Çatalköy - Next door to CreditWest Bank / close to Cratos hotel)

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

POOLTECH wrote:POOLTECH supply and install various types of Automatic pool water chlorinators. Including Salt or Liquid chlorine versions. You can also add optional PH controller too.
More information is on our website - ( Advertising restricted )
http://www.gemaskibris.com/depo/Salt_Chlorinator.pdf
We sell the appropriate chemicals to support these systems - including salt in 25kg bags at €6.30 euro.
We are able to test your pool water F.O.C. for various things, including the salt ppm level.

We also supply the Maytronics Dolphin range of robotic pool cleaners. Our website gives prices and information.
( Advertising restricted )

All of the above are available to view / be demonstrated in our shop in Çatalköy - Next door to CreditWest Bank / close to Cratos hotel)
Thanks for the info. When I’m ready I’ll call in.

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”