Dull looking pool

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dull looking pool

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Hi Everyone,

I look after my own pool, I am quite anal about it, I make sure the chemicals are right, I keep it clean however, it looks really dull at present, is it the hot weather? We dont go in with sun creams Etc. Any suggestions welcome thank you.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Dull looking pool

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Take a small bottle sample of your pool water to Pooltech, they will tell you what you need. I had similar problem and they found out that I had trapped chlorine. Purchased liquid chorine. Pool sorted within 24 hours.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Thank you Soner, much appreciated.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Soner wrote:Take a small bottle sample of your pool water to Pooltech, they will tell you what you need. I had similar problem and they found out that I had trapped chlorine. Purchased liquid chorine. Pool sorted within 24 hours.
Also did this found out I had to much stabliser in the pool followed Pool Tech advice problem sorted.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Sorry,
What is stabiliser please? Is it PH down?

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Dull looking pool

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi Mollie the cat,
Found this online...

The Importance of Pool Stabilizer
Chlorine stabilizer or conditioner (cyanuric acid) is used in the maintenance of outdoor chlorine-maintained swimming pools.The stabilizer helps act against the sun's UV rays. Without stabilizer, sunlight can reduce chlorine in your pool by 75 to 90 percent in just two hours. The purpose of the stabilizer is to help the chlorine last longer and protect swimmers. The pool stabilizer binds to chlorine, then slowly releases it, helping the chlorine last longer and reducing consumption.
More...
https://www.liveabout.com/swimming-pool ... ls-3169243

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Thank you for taking the time to look, a very useful information, much appreciated.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Mollie the cat wrote:Sorry,
What is stabiliser please? Is it PH down?
It is usually already added to the chlorine tablets/ granules used in the pools, but unlike chlorine doesn't dissipate with the sun so can build up over time and is only diluted down during back wash etc. Pool Tech sell test strips which check the level and will test a sample for you, it should be between 40 80 ppm. They also advise using chlorine that doesn't contain CYA stabilizer during the winter when the sun is not so powerful.

https://www.swimuniversity.com/unstabilized-chlorine/

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

kerry 6138 wrote:...They also advise using chlorine that doesn't contain CYA stabilizer during the winter when the sun is not so powerful.

https://www.swimuniversity.com/unstabilized-chlorine/
Actually, once your CYA level is optimised, I believe that you should use 'unstabilised chlorine' to avoid adding any more Cyanuric Acid to the pool - regardless of the season...

As noted previously, CYA levels are unaffected by Sun, and are also unaffected by Evaporation, so the main route to deplete CYA is by physically removing water from the pool and replacing it with fresh water which does not contain CYA - the obvious situations are 'Backwash' as mentioned, 'Vacuuming to waste', leakage from the pool, and 'Splashout' (caused by people jumping in ).

The only other way of reducing CYA of which I am aware is by the addition of Melanin - a fairly unusual product, and not readily sourced in TRNC...

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Found this on YouTube...
https://youtu.be/RCoom2YpC3U

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”