Marble grills

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

bojoy1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Marble grills

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by bojoy1 »

Thinking of replacing plastic pool grills with Mable. Is it worth it?, anybody done it?.
How much would it cost for an 8x4 with a Roman end?
Thanks.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Marble grills

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

bojoy1 wrote:
Fri 26 Jun 2020 5:26 pm
Thinking of replacing plastic pool grills with Mable. Is it worth it?, anybody done it?.
How much would it cost for an 8x4 with a Roman end?
Thanks.
Roman end is going to be a problem as straight edge stone grills do not cut to a curved shape at all nicely, not even by a competent stone cutter (not yet found a stone mason here). The straight edge grills will be weakened where the angles are cut for the Roman end. Now, if you find a stone supplier prepared to shape and cut to a bespoke curved template that would be ideal.

Cost? - depends on the stone you were to choose not just on pool size.

Try, for example, Cyprus Marble in Karakum or Re-Mar Ltd located in the Karaoğlanoğlu industrial estate, opposite Doğpen window/doors fabricators. I've dealt with both companies and my preference is Re-Mar based on price and service.

Ask before you buy to see examples of their stone cut grills for Roman ends from whoever you consider working with. Don't pay up front. Only as good as their last job - I have found good workmanship consistency to be rare here.
libens volens potens

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

I considered buying them a couple of years ago after seeing them in Cyprus marble,they have several types and they are well made and look superb. from memory I worked out the cost the be around 21/2-3 times the cost of plastic, but they should last a lot longer.
What put me off was that they are heavy,which would make cleaning the gutter out very hard work.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Philoz, I get my gardener or odd job man to do tbose sort of things these days - the excercise doesn't do them any harm ;)

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

We have travertine grills made by Cyprus Marble they look really good but I cannot remember how much they were. The overflow water does not pass through them as easily as the plastic ones though so this might be a consideration for some people because of the water wastage, if you had people jumping in for instance - we do not do this so it is not really an issue.

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”