Poorly maintained pool

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Neilozankoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Poorly maintained pool

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Neilozankoy »

I own one of 4 houses around a large pool. Until recently all was fine but with the huge increase in costs - especially electricity - the maintenance has deteriorated. I have therefore stopped paying as the pool was unusable. Any comments about this? Has anyone else had similar problems?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Re: Poorly maintained pool

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

A few years ago we suspended pool maintenance on our site. The reason was because a number of owners simply would not pay their site fees. The income was insufficient.

Within a matter of a few weeks the pool deteriorated.

However; one of the non paying owners reported this to the Belediyesi. They advised that the pool was a health hazard and needed to either be completely emptied/filled in or maintained. If water remained in the pool the Belediyesi advised that they would carry out any work required to ensure the pool was not a health hazard and costs would charged to the site.

Realising the pool could be filled in permanently owners came forward to pay.

In this instance I understand the pool is not being properly maintained, refusing to pay probably isn’t the way forward. I would suggest meeting with the pool maintainers to resolve the problem. Maybe reducing the amount of maintenance visits over the winter but ensuring the pool is safe?

Good luck.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

... refusing to pay probably isn’t the way forward. I would suggest meeting with the pool maintainers to resolve the problem

PoshinDevon, I agree.

Simply not paying and putting up with a shitty pool which detracts from the value of your Property, rather than making an effort to reach an acceptable arrangement with the Pool maintenance company (or even change to another company) makes no sense at all.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Keithcaley wrote:
Tue 25 Oct 2022 4:27 pm
... refusing to pay probably isn’t the way forward. I would suggest meeting with the pool maintainers to resolve the problem

PoshinDevon, I agree.

Simply not paying and putting up with a shitty pool which detracts from the value of your Property, rather than making an effort to reach an acceptable arrangement with the Pool maintenance company (or even change to another company) makes no sense at all.
Agree 100%.

The first action is discuss face to face with pool maintenance company or person. If there is a contract in place check the service offering. No contract or cannot agree then go elsewhere.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

We also have large pool. 20 x 10 metres.
We had maintenance problems for many years.
Our current company Brison Pools have maintained ours now for 6 years never any problems. Pump 4 hours per day summer & 2 hours perday winter 2HP pump.
Also had 2 non payer's for 2 years. But kept pool fully maintained.
You need someone onsite who understands how the pool
Should he maintained

Neilozankoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Neilozankoy »

The pool was being maintained by one of the 4 owners. He didn't use a proper pool company. The others just wanted it done cheaply and won't agree to using one.

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

The pool was being maintained by one of the 4 owners. He didn't use a proper pool company. The others just wanted it done cheaply and won't agree to using one

It's a job for professionals. As you have found out.
It's not just a case of vacuum it & chuck some chemicals in.
Sorry you are learning the hard way.
How much is this individual being paid. Bet he's not doing it for free!!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I notice that on another thread, you posted: -
My pool's electricity costs have increased from around 120tl per month up to around 1200tl in the summer. Have other members had the same problems?
Has the guy now reduced the pool pump running times in an effort to save money?

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”