Changing Sand?

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Jasja
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Changing Sand?

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Jasja »

Hi

We need to change the sand in our filter and wondered if anyone can recommend anyone and give us an idea how much it would cost.

On the other hand if we did it ourselves can anyone advise best place to buy the sand and give us some kind of indication how much that costs here in NC.

Many thanks [email protected]

TRNCVaughan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Changing Sand?

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by TRNCVaughan »

This a job that needs doing every 3 or 4 years.
We can do it for you at a cost of £1.25 per kilo.

whitemad
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by whitemad »

Vaughan how much would you expect to pay someone to change the sand for you if you can't do it yourself?

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

It's easy, but tedious to do it yourself.
I did mine this year and from memory,it cost about TL150-200(depends how big your filter is obviously)
You need bigger grit in the bottom,and smaller in the top.
I got mine from Topclean on the new harbour rd- they will advise you if you tell them how big your filter is.
You need to wear rubber gloves when you take it out as it's sharp-and a mask when you put the new sand in as the dust(silica)is bad for your lungs.
Hope this helps.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Like Philoz did mine last year, I was quoted £140 for a pool company to do it, the sand cost me about £70, it is a pain to do just getting it out of the small hole, but satisfying doing it yourself.

TRNCVaughan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by TRNCVaughan »

We charge £1.25 per kilo of sand, including labour. There should be a label on the filter body advising weight of sand, typically 130-150 kg.

Jo Ethan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Jo Ethan »

POOLTECH also charge £1.25 per kilo inc. labour, cleaning of the filter and removal of the old sand. Most commonly private pools here have 150kg or 160kg sand filters so, as an example, expect to pay a total of £180 - £200 (inc.KDV)

Alternatively, if you want to do the job yourself, we sell the sand in 25kg bags (2 x grain sizes) at £10 per bag. Therefore 6 bags = £60

It is a labour intensive job but if you are fit, willing and able you can do it yourself (with a little advice)

Good luck

The POOLTECH shop is opposite CreditWest Bank / Cratos Hotel. Çatalköy.

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”