Pool over flow "Coping stones"

Need help in maintaining your pool? Need to know where to buy pool parts, equipment and/or chemicals in North Cyprus? Get advice from experienced Kibkomers.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Pool over flow "Coping stones"

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

I have the yellow stone tiles/coping stones around my pool and they are starting to break down now so I was thinking of replacing them with ceramic ones.

Anyone done similar can give me an idea of cost.

Thanks
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

JBA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Pool over flow "Coping stones"

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by JBA »

I can't answer your query but I urge you not to delay.

If yours is like every other pool I've seen here then the concrete under the stones is unsealed and highly porous. Once the water can reach this porous concrete not only does it contribute to water loss but the water can reach and start to corrode the rebar. You should plan to waterproof this before laying new coping.

TRNCVaughan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by TRNCVaughan »

Hi jonnie

Be happy to give you a quote.
Where are you?

ana_banana
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by ana_banana »

Graham and Linda Robinson, Alsancak
Our pool wasn't overflowing evenly, only from one corner. Dursun and his team took all edgings off and replaced them with travertine coping stones. They sealed gullies and replaced tiles at the top of the pool. It took approximately 2 weeks in March, 2014.

The job was excellent. Our pool now overflows as it should. Dursun called at my villa, took his time, and explained how he would resolve the problem with the pool. He e-mailed me a quote for the job, listed all materials, job description, how long it would take, etc.

Once agreed on the price, job was completed as promised. The work carried out was to an excellent standard. The company kept me informed from start to finish with e-mails and photos. A genuine person would recommend! For any questions contact us on...(please, check our website for contacts http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/testi ... ers/page/1)

Project pictures: http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/portf ... ancak-trnc

Philip Kew, Karsiyaka
My swimmimg pool had major leaks in the upper part of the pool around the guttering. Also due to several years not in use, the lower pool had developed some cracked tiles and loose grouting. Pool light fittings had become damaged by the sun.

Cyprus Homebuilders completely rebuilt the upper area of the pool and guttering, using waterproof membranes and quality cement, then replaced the tiles and coping stones with new ones, which matched well with the originals lower down. They also checked the concrete quality lower down and replaced some bad tiles, and re-grouted where necessary. The faulty light fittings were replaced and re-sealed. Finally, the pump was re-fitted and the electric supply reconnected and tested. The pool was filled and its operation tested.

Appearance of the work is excellent, with good finish and good match of the tiles to the originals. All waste materials were removed from site and the area left tidy. To date the pool appears sound with no leakage, so overall the job seems excellent. Pricing seemed fair and competitive. Dursun and Ana were always very helpful and pleasant, and readily contactable. I will gladly provide more information via e-mail. In case you are interested, please contact me on... (please, check our website for contacts http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/testi ... ers/page/1)

Project pictures: http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/portf ... iyaka-trnc

For more testimonials, please visit: http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/testi ... ers/page/1
More portfolio cases can be viewed here: http://www.cyprushomebuilders.com/portfolio
Last edited by ana_banana on Tue 10 Oct 2017 7:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Never stand on the wrong side of small-minded people with a little power.

best-dreams
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by best-dreams »

Hı Jonnie;

İf your are interesting ı can come and have a look and tell you the cost.

Please call on below details;

Hatib Xhafolli
Best Dreams Property Management
Phone: 0533 843 80 23 | 0548 872 16 85
[email protected] | [email protected]

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I would like to point out to the two previous posters, that the query to which they are responding is about 17 months old.

It seems unlikely that the problem would not have been resolved by now (particularly as another tradesman had responded to the initial query within a matter of days) and that in any event, no one is going to be impressed that it took you 17 months to respond to a query!

There have been many examples of this type of posting recently, mainly by the same two companies, and it simply gives the impression that they are desperate for work, and have nothing else to do except follow up leads, no matter how old - either that, or they are so careless and lacking in attention to detail, that they don't even bother to check the date of the original post, neither of which factors would make me feel inclined to employ them!

ana_banana
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by ana_banana »

Not exactly the case here, Keithcaley.

Of course I saw when these messages had been posted. However, there are plenty people out there looking for similar information. Some are not registered, they just come, browse through, and go. Instead of posting same questions over and over again, they simply take info from previous posts. It wouldn't hurt to somewhat expand their options when it comes to choosing a contractor, don't you think?

And yes, some of us actually have been doing their homework and making decent portfolios instead of making statements. I am speaking for our company only, of course. The rest looks to me more like "monkey see, monkey do" sort of thing. Anyway, let's not jump into judgmental conclusions

Cheer up, you don't have to read through my messages if you don't want to!
Peace!
Never stand on the wrong side of small-minded people with a little power.

Return to “POOLS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”