SOLAR PANELS

How to save energy and money in North Cyprus: Solar Panels, Wind Turbines - find out all you need to know about renewable energy.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

SOLAR PANELS

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

Hi

What's the latest on installing Solar Panels ?

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: SOLAR PANELS

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Yes I would be interested in any update

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

We have just had a quote, it all depends on your usage per year?

The guy I used first of all asks you for your account number, he then checks your yearly consumption and then gives you a quote based on your usage, IE how many solar panels you need and the box, is that called an invertor, not sure?

Obviously he has to do a survey on your property to see if or where the panels can be installed.

The guy I am using comes highly recommended, he has supplied two of our friends, always communicates well and speaks perfect English. His office is in Lefkosa but obviously travels to your home, we live in Ozankoy.

P.S. Its no good giving our quote on here as all requirements are different, suffice to say we are very pleased so far.

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

Thank you for that Mollie

Information from a friend was Kibtek were non longer allowing panels to generate electric, I take it this has changed now ????
Please could you give your chaps phone number or email, to arrange a quote as interested in solar energy
We understand about quote it's down to the individual and the amount of panels they require.
Does your chap do all the required notification etc,

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Yes, he does everything. To give you some idea, I checked my yearly bill it was about 6000 TL, we are not great users of the grid however, if the cost of electric is rising as much as people think then its worth it, we will be having eight solar panels, will PM you his details later.

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by gates »

So how much is 8 pannel system costing you. It would be a help instead of wasting his time. Thanks in advance

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

I am getting a 5KW Solar System put in by my developer.

The cost is 5K GBP inc supply and fit

It includes a Huawei 5kw Invertor with Panasonic solar panels.

gates

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by gates »

How many pannels is that

poppy++1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by poppy++1 »

It would be best to get someone in to give you your own quote, not everyone needs are the same.
Without all the relevant information it impossible to say, no one would price a job without seeing it and what it intailes.

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

gates wrote:
Mon 18 Apr 2022 9:27 am
How many pannels is that
I think its 14 - 16 panels , not 100 % sure.

gates

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by gates »

If I do it I do myself that why just intrested not sure worth it. Let’s see what next bill is like

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

basically it works like that:
for the application, of course, muhtar, title deed, site plan, kibtek, installer, electric plan.. aso, all this needs to be done.
to do this "on yor own" is a challangea and "some things" you are not permitted to do anyway. eg electric plan, electric installation.

for the size of a solar system the following rules are in power:
you take your last 12 month consumption in kWh and divide by 1700.
eg, 5900 kWh / 1700 = 3,49. so, you are permitted to install a 3 kW inverter. the box :-)
say, 6000 kWh / 1700 = 3,52, so, you can install a 4 kW inverter.
to any inverter you can install as many solar panels as you like, but i would say no more as factor 1,25 = approx 3,7 kWp to a 3 kW inverter and 5 kWp to a 4 kW inverter. installers here often take factor 1,5. why? just to "squeeze" more out of the system, but thats not good for the inverter.

meaning, the difference of 100 kWh a year only (or 8,5 kWh a month or 0,27 kWh a day) "permits" you to install a bigger inverter + additional solar panels which can produce 2200 kWh (more) a year.
=it is important how many kWh you used!! and you may use a 100 kWh additinally next month to get a permission for a bigger inverter.

for "new" houses (eg, solar system supplied from developer) a 4 kW inverter is max. but you can install 5 kWp solar power.

today, solar panels are available in different sizes, say, 380Wp or eg, 500Wp.
but, they also differ in size, eg, 1,70 x 1 or 2 x 1 or 2,2 x 1,2 meter.
the question "how many panels you got" is irrelevant. better would be: how many square meters you got?
and, most manufacturers offer different models lines of same power size which can be 50-100% more expensive as the cheaper version!

so,
we differ inverter power in kW and installed solar power in kWp. but you also can scrap that all and ask:
how many kWh your system will produce in first year? and how many kWh will be produced after 10 or 15 years?
because, there are quality differences. inverter wise, panel wise and also installation wise.
you should not believe in promises.
what are 200 GBP or a bit more when "somebody independent" explains you whats going on and evaluates offers (for you) as well?

anyway, cont:
the produced solar energy will be used immediately and excess will be deducted from your bill and you may get credit for next month.
thats the regulation.

but, there are rumours that this regulation will change. many expect "not for the better".
as the political situation is, say it politely, difficult, no one knows when it may change and what will come.
it seems that hundreds of applications are waiting for permission from ministery of energy and nothing is going on.

Return to “RENEWABLE ENERGY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”