Light Bulbs & Energy Charges

How to save energy and money in North Cyprus: Solar Panels, Wind Turbines - find out all you need to know about renewable energy.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

DenBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Light Bulbs & Energy Charges

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by DenBoy »

Once again, just ticking boxes before we get there.

We are looking to have a 3 or 4 bedroom villa, I am quite frugal when it come to energy savings etc. and I know the old saying, 'how long is a piece of string' but during the winter months what would the monthly costs of electric/gas be.

My other question is re energy/long life bulbs - are they bayonet and/or screw-in sockets and best purchased in bulk before we arrive or by put when we get there.

As always, thanks in advance.

Dennis
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander..............sometimes it just leaves me completely !!

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Light Bulbs & Energy Charges

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Depends on type of heating you have, folks can give you a more accurate estimate if that's stated.

DenBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by DenBoy »

Thanks you for the reply, appreciated - fully understand you're reply but trying to get a ball park figure as opposed to an accurate figure.

As we would be looking to rent initially so it is unknown what type of heating there would be - is central heating, gas fire, halogen fires, storage/oil heaters - I don't know which would be best out there - is electric/gas charges comparable to those in the UK - these are the answers I am seeking, therefore any advice/suggestions/tips would be really welcomed?

Thanks again.

Dennis
As I grow older, my mind doesn't just wander..............sometimes it just leaves me completely !!

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Long life or energy saving bulbs are screw ins.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Hi,
you really should not worry about where you can purchase energy saving LED lights.. they are now available everywhere..

you should woory about the heating and cooling costs.. and as you said.. you dont know what you will find in the villa... so, be prepared to pay a lot.
kibsolar

owl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by owl »

Long life/energy/LED bulbs are widely available here in a range of fittings, i.e.:
Bayonet, Screw, SES (small screw), G6, G10, etc etc.

owl

DenBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by DenBoy »

Kibsolar & Owl

Thank you very much for that information.

Dennis

Return to “RENEWABLE ENERGY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”