Kibtek Refund for Excess Solar Electric

How to save energy and money in North Cyprus: Solar Panels, Wind Turbines - find out all you need to know about renewable energy.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Kibtek Refund for Excess Solar Electric

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

I have been told I can apply for a refund from Kibtek for the excess units produced by my solar system.
Apparently this needs to be done by the end of February (cutting it fine now with the lock down).

Has anyone applied for this so far?
If so, what did you do and did you get a refund from Kibtek?

If you managed to get a refund, how was this paid to you and how much do they pay per unit?

Any information would be useful - thanks in advance :+1:)

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

Re: Kibtek Refund for Excess Solar Electric

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

iam a bit on uncertain terrain...but nobody i know went for that option.

i remember that end of february is correct and somewhere in the regulations it was written that the refund is based on "minimum tarif rate".

based on that, we made a calculation and the outcome was: kibtek pays below the point where the "return on investment" starts....

say, to make it easy and only as an explanation...
a kWh from kibtek costs/saves you 1 lira + 10% VAT = 1,10 lira.
the solar energy system produces 1 kWh for, say, 0.5 lira and 0.6 lira adds up (over the years) for the payback.
kibtek pays you 0,4 lira.

something like that.

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Kibtek Refund for Excess Solar Electric

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

I went to Kibtek last week to find out exactly what the rules are....

If you want to "cash in" your excess kW credit on your account, they will give you 0.25TL per kW.

I was advised it is not worth doing this and better to just leave it on your account so that it can be used at a later date.

Previously I was told that in March they re-set the credit, ie: you will lose any credit on your account that has not been used or refunded.

Apparently this was the case initially but not now, I was assured the credit will stay on your account.

My advice to anyone with a lot of solar generated credit on their account, use airconditioners to heat during the winter months, it has saved me buying the normal 1,300TL of diesel for my heating system. Will also save on purchases of wood for wood burners.

Thank you to the team at the Kibtek Office in Girne, they were all very helpful :+1:)

Return to “RENEWABLE ENERGY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”