Go for green in TRNC

How to save energy and money in North Cyprus: Solar Panels, Wind Turbines - find out all you need to know about renewable energy.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

delikomsu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Go for green in TRNC

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by delikomsu »

Soner, you have to be the only person to have dedicated a section to this extremely important issue. Let's hope this thrives.
Come on everybody GO SOLAR.

CatalkoyChris
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Go for green in TRNC

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by CatalkoyChris »

Well, I'd like to start with how many companies there are installing solar panels.

Company names and contact details (websites).

Reviews?? Any bad/good experiences?

Chris
"Two heads are better than one!" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

delikomsu
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by delikomsu »

OK I'll make a start http://www.kibsolar.com Highly recommended. Come and see our full system operational in Kaplica.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Don't know about installations, as mine were here when I moved, and in our previous accommodation which wa s a flat, they were already in. We did have a repair, but it is so long ago, I can't remember who did it. I am so happy when the sun comes out after its winter holiday away, c vos it makes 'im downstairs smile at the much lower size of the electric bill, and it makes me smile cos I know we are doing a little bit to help the environment.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

CatalköyChris...your question:
Well, I'd like to start with how many companies there are installing solar panels.
Company names and contact details (websites).
Well,
We will name only
- turkish cypriots and
- people from whom we know that they have registered companies
- we in person did see installed systems (never mind the "type") and considered them as "ok".
In Girne: Akin, Orhan
Lefkosa: Nafi, Ekrem, Ibrahim
Famagusta: Ali & Osman

http://www.kibsolar.com

owl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by owl »

Ask yourselves one question.

Are you prepared to carry on paying for the regular increases in Kibtek prices for years to come. Can you afford it? You can moan, but you cannot do anything about it.

If you decide to do something about it, you have to get professional advice from a professional REGISTERED NC business with experience and track record.

I have no vested interest, but would seriously recommend Kibsolar as above.

No 'bull**it, no wild claims, just practical experienced advice with many happy clients.

Out of interest, I would like to know where NC would currently be on this list of energy costs:

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/williampentlan ... U-2013.jpg

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

I just got my electricity bill.. and in "tariff one old " I payed 59 kurus for one kWh incl all taxes = 21,85 eurocent.
rank 9
"tariff two" is almost the same.. "four" will make to rank 1 to 3 certainly.
keep in mind: the latest electric hike will be not the last.
"excluded from our prices" is a reliable supply and also additional costs as "substitution for renewable energy" (not solar only, could be anything..) ..
one of the reasons why the "grid law" comes not in operation.. as it would mean to put up prices even more...
as a start probably 2 eurocent per kWh (in germany we are at 6)

PS: have a look to the right... countries with <20 eurocent.. GB,FR, S, Finland.. all these countries produce a vast amount of the electrity with nuclear power and transfer the real costs into the future.
Even in "good will" calculations a kWh from nuclear power should cost more then one Euro.
Just the removal and renaturation of the site costs nearly double as to erect a nuclear power station.

Return to “RENEWABLE ENERGY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”