Affordable solar energy

How to save energy and money in North Cyprus: Solar Panels, Wind Turbines - find out all you need to know about renewable energy.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

Re: Affordable solar energy

•   Message 51 of 54 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Col,
you will not get an answer from solarsolution... because they have no clue, but low prices.
And it is also not important, because temps are not that important.
When do you start to heat a pool in cyprus?
Say end october, beginning november
on a horizontal surface, we have in october 4,3kWh per m² insolation, in november 2,9.
This uninsulated and only black painted plastic pipe construction works on max 15%.
6x0,8 = 4,8m²x 3,4 average = 16 x 0,2 = 2,4 kWh per 200 euro sheet.
So, the losses in a standart pool are 14kWh per day, you need therefore minimum 6 sheets.
30 m². Better 40

Col
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 52 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Col »

Sometimes I think our pool needs heating or protection in September! If we get winds it can take the temp down to 25, I would much prefer the minimum to be 27. I am thinking I will be taking a pool cover out or obtain one in North Cyprus. Is there a good supplier in North Cyprus or is it best to bring one out? I will try and cope with the possibility of it blowing about a bit, I would not leave it on if it got too windy.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 53 of 54 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Col,
it seems you became, in terms of pool temps, a cypriot wimp . Me too.
A good and heavy "double layer with bubbles" pool cover will be difficult to transport.. there are some guys out here.. but think about 800-1000 STG incl manuell wind-up device.
If you accept that the day will come that you can not make it any more against the losses, you also can use a "solar convector oven", known also as local solar collectors.
4 of this black painted galvanized waterpipe ovens in parallel @ 45 or higher... and go.
"pinch some" just after the (pump or) filter and lead back. you need valves to control the float. but easy.Manuell adjusted.
in hot summer and useless winter you drain them and cover with a 3euro m² sheet.
best would be to use a solar pool pump, because you do not need to worry about the circulation.
Solar pump and solar ovens would work "in parallel" from morning till evening.
Pipes should not be too long, insulation not really required.
Reason: target is NOT to get high temps, target is to cover losses.
Please note: a solar collector works as its best when it is "cold", NOT when it is "hot".
We may add some some PV power for the solarheating pressure losses.
Should be planned before installing the ovens, because "half a PV panel" is difficult to install.

Col
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 54 of 54 in Discussion

Post by Col »

I concur Kibsolar. I will look at the items mentioned. I asked about temp because I wanted to compare with my Heath Robinson 150m of black pipe. This is at it's best at the time perhaps you do not need it. But even when the pool is 28-29 I keep it going and have it running by central heating pump on max. At midday to 2.00 it raises the temp in out by a good 4 degrees and even at 10am and 4pm still a good 2 degrees. It is at it's most useful late may early June when there is a good amount of sunshine and the pool is still on it's upward climb for the summer.

Return to “RENEWABLE ENERGY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”