Fed up 'connection problem'

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Fed up 'connection problem'

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

I am fed up with 'connection problem' keep co I g up on multimax. This past month driving me mad. This week alone3 hrs off 2 hrs off etc. is this just in Karsiyaka or all over. Please do not tell me to call as my husband ( Turkish speaker so no language problem) phoned. Tells us we are not registered, call again she cannot find the name but says she will call back!!!!!!!!! No call. I keep seeing people talking about speeds, would not know what mine is, does that make any difference. During past year phoned twice and found MM very obliging. Is this because there are so many people now using the tv system it cannot cope?

suel5
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Fed up 'connection problem'

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by suel5 »

Think only mm can answer that one.
Have had problems every weekend for the past 3 weeks, was told last that the problem was indoors at my property and that they would call me on monday to arrange an engineer. No call, no engineer but no problem since sat.
Do hope it doesnt start playing up again tomorrow night. May not notice though as we are out for the evening.
Have only found problems though the last few weeks, prior to that we had a fantastic service from them.
Maybe with all the change they have had going on that it is just a glitch and everything will now get back to normal.
Hope it improves for you.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Multimax does not have any general issues tonight, I think you are referring to the NTV system, which is completely different.

We are aware that currently customers in Cyprus (not necessarily using Multimax) are having issues with some channels. We know the reason for that problem but it is completely outside of hands of Multimax or NTV to fix this problem, we will be issuing a press release about this on Multimax website by tomorrow. http://www.mmcyp.com/crm .

We do understand that not everybody is a computer wiz, but paying little attention to details and reporting the right problems does really help us and then you when it comes to identifying and fixing problems.

First, please recognize and understand whether you think you have Multimax OR NTV problems. If you have Multimax problems, you are almost 100% guaranteed to have issues with NTV. But the reverse is not true, please do not say you have a multimax problem when it is only the TV you have issues with, as it may not be the case.

You can check your speed at http://mmx.tc/speedtest

Alternatively, you can switch channel to a 'simple' channel like Home, or AlJazeera English. This will help you identify if the problem is with Multimax or NTV. If these channels work, it should imply that your connection is ok and there may be issues with some specific channels, as it was the case with most people today.

The best way to get support is to use our new support system at http://www.mmyp.com/crm , We are still a bit slow at responding and we are working on improving it, but you can always update your own ticket update it and reopen it if it was wrongfully closed.

I know it may not sound correct but you called and we didnt get back to you once (in one whole year as you have said), do give us the benefit of the doubt and call again, you are one customer dealing with one company but we are one company trying to deal with thousands of customers.

We already accept that our support systems can be greatly improved. We are already working very hard to improve our support systems. Its not magic, unfortunately, and changes and improvements doesnt happen overnight. We appreciate if you can work with us and help us. Thank you.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

JBA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by JBA »

Rocking - I am in Karsiyaka and can confirm the connection problems you are reporting. I generally don't bother calling Multimax because I understand that no service can be perfect and I trust them to get it right in the end. However, after 2 hours without internet the other day and about the 10th time in as many days I did call. It was explained to me that there was a problem only in Karsiyaka and that they were working on it. When I tried to discuss the longer term problem it was clear the girl did not understand or had no knowledge of it. However, it does seem better since that last major outage was fixed so maybe it was an intermittent problem that was hard to track. We will see.
But in the end what is the alternative. Multimax is my 4th provider and they remain head and shoulders above the previous ones. Also I never seem to get the speed problems that others frequently report. Certain websites are often slow - but that is the website's servers not Multimax. Multimax can only deliver to us at the speed the data is sent to them

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

JBA and rocking, you can read all about the outage in Karsiyaka on 9th Oct (which lasted approx 2.5 hours) on our support website. http://www.mmcyp.com/crm

Thank you JBA, you are correct that we are working very hard and it si very difficult to keep up and we do fall behind once in a while, but we always make necessary adjustments to make it better.

This time around, the 'adjustment' needed to be a big one, Multimax has now officially pulled out of Guzelyurt, we are minimizing our presence in Gamagusta and keeping a skeleton crew for Lefkosa and moving all major deparments to Kyrenia. So many improvements are underway that its overwhelming to us at the moment, but the difference will be clearly visible in the near future. Thank you for your support.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

Well my husband was more than pleased with speed and connection from Multimax, last night he was able to watch the England football match through Filmon with no freezing or buffering at all. Well done Multimax, you're doing a great job, please keep up the good work.

kaiserphil
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by kaiserphil »

Well, I have said it before Kemal, but it is worth saying again, the more I read about Multimax, the more I regret that you were not around when I was living there!

solic200
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by solic200 »

Have you tried changing your web browser as I was using google chrome but had lots of freezing I now use internet explorer and its so much better. I have no idea how this worked but it has.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Thank you for your quick reply, and I did say you had helped me out the twice I had ring, I do know you have thousands of customers I was just saying it "how it was" on last telephone call. I also know that when it goes off, NTV comes up to reboot, but excuse my ignorance I thought when I joined multimax that was both Internet and TV. Mid 70s I will never keep.

Nothing to do with posting can somebody give me an email number for Soner Bey. Thank you.

Owl Lady
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Owl Lady »

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I agree with solic200. I'm on Internet Explorer and I seem to have far less freezing than people on Chrome.

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Thank you for your suggestions but I just put tv on I do not understand how to get chrome, any help. Bit stupid on technology. Thank you Sophie and sol200.

Sugarpuffbear
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Sugarpuffbear »

We in Kayalar suffered the same problems of off and on with Multimax during the first 2 weeks of October. I presumed it was the upgrade they were still tweaking and the windy weather. It was impossible to watch catch up TV via the internet with BBC iplayer, and we have a 10mbps speed.
The signal just was not as strong as it was in August, when we had a perfect signal, just one or two bars on the laptop Wifi signal. We just hope they sort it soon or we might have to look at another supplier. There should always be a full signal if there is no downloading taking place. it could be that the wind has moved their mast or our receiver box has moved. We also rang a couple of times to be told it was out of their hands and it was their internet host server.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Sugarpuffbear wrote:The signal just was not as strong as it was in August, when we had a perfect signal, just one or two bars on the laptop Wifi signal.
For info the wifi signal strength shown on your laptop only shows the signal strength between the laptop and you wifi router inside your house. It does not say anything about the signal strength from the device on your roof to the base station. It could be that the internet connection to the house is fine but there is an issue with the distribution of this from the wifi router in the house to a given device. The easiest way to establish if this is the case or not would be to test using a wired connection from the router and seeing if that gives better results. If it does then the problem is the wifi distribution within the house.

Sugarpuffbear
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Sugarpuffbear »

Flash Alec
Thank for the reply. If the router was fine in August then why should the signal deteriorate in October unless there has been a router update. It could be there is more traffic on the server?
Will try again in November a direct connection as you suggest any way.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”