An article about Multimax

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

An article about Multimax

•   Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

People quickly forget how the situation re internet was before we came into scene 2 years ago. More than 80% of the population was content or had to be content with sub 1Mbps speeds(most of them sub 512K) and sub-standard connection quality. We have not only brought in real broadband in N.Cyprus (as considered in 2011), we also raised the steaks for competition and pushed them to improve their speeds and quality as well, for this we are very proud.

People also do not realize who we are, what we do, and how we operate, but some make all the wrong assumptions and thinks they have a very good opinion. As soon as something goes wrong with their connection, immediately we are bashed with "oh, too many customers they took on and now the service is terrible for everybody" , "oh, this is cyprus and MM is just another cypriot company" , "oh, their customer service is not good because I sent one email and didnt get a respond" etc etc.

Well, wrong, wrong and wrong again....

Just search the forum going back several months, you should see that almost nobody even talks about other providers anymore.

We do realize that we are far from perfect but it does NOT mean that we are sh't, you should realize that just because you dont have a good connection and a few other people also do not have a good connection at the time, does not mean that Multimax cannot provide internet to thousands of customers they have.

Multimax, in the past 6 weeks:
1. have moved several key departments to Kyrenia, re-structured our business model so that we can serve better to a more concentrated area (withdrawing from Guzelyurt region completely, and shutting down home customer services in Famagusta area.).
2. We have also installed 10 new basestations in Kyrenia and upgraded some 10 others.
3. We have heavily invested in fiberoptic cabling between Lefkosa and Kyrenia, we now have direct fiberoptic connectivity between Nicosia and 3 different locations in Kyrenia region, effectively quadrupling our link capacity (we now have more capacity from Lefkosa-Kyrenia than our total internet)
4. We have upgraded out outbound internet capacity by 30%, to reflect increased demand (our usage as of today is no more than 92% capacity during busiest time)
5. We have launched a new in-house training programs in 9 different subjects, from more efficient installations, trouble shootings to better phone support practices.
6. We have hired 5 new employees, for various areas in need, so we can serve our customers better.
7. We have launched our new website (still being worked on, at least it looks nicer than the old site) http://www.mmcyp.com
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: An article about Multimax

•   Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

All of the above being said, customers also should realize that not every fault is under our control, like yesterday nights outage, or perfect connectivity to anywhere and everywhere in the world beyond our network.

Customers also should realize that some problems are easy to fix, and simple to sort out (most of them remotely), but some are not. Some problems may take days (and in rare cases, weeks) of careful planning and execution to permanently fix certain issues.

Some improvement are easy to implement, some takes some time to show, such as responding to tickets in more timely manner, we have hired new people for this but it doesnt mean that things will immediately fixed the next day, it will be several weeks until proper training is done that real improvements will be visible. You can argue that we should have hired these people 2 months ago, and you could be right, but we did say we are far from perfect, doesnt mean that we completely ignore whats going on and stop trying to be better as some people like to claim.

Some people's attitudes towards us or our business are very discouraging, and mostly not justified. It is ok that you feel upset when something does not work for you, but thinking that screaming on the phone or threatening us to post your situation on the forums will help you with a faster response, it doesnt. Calling us 10 times asking about your problem also not only does not provide a faster response, it actually slows response times for you and everybody else (I am not saying contact us once and stop at that, just need to be a bit resonable.)

Your support is already making things better, and it will continue to do so, more customer we have, better the overall service will get. This is a fact. However, this does not mean that it will be 100% for everybody(although this is our goal, we are at the same time realistic), or no problems will ever occur, it means that we will always work on improving things.

Kemal
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----

libby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Post by libby »

HELLO
i have always been very impressed with mm.
the issues i have had have been resolved quickly and proffessionally.
keep up the good work!
libby

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Kema, I had 17 years of bashing my head against the very same rock you use - good luck to all and thank you for a continually improving service.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Article moved to the Internet forum as it is directly about the internet and service provision.

I personally think this is a very open, honest and balanced assessment of how a service provider is doing all that it can to improve and continue to provide the best service possible in what can at times be challenging circumstances.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

rocking
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Post by rocking »

Thank you MM for your postings, good to see a company trying to keep their customers "in the loop" .

elizabeth
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Post by elizabeth »

I can only speak as I find, since joining MM I have had very few problems, those I have had were dealt with quickly and politely and I am more than pleased with the service I receive. As with most things in life nothing is perfect, but neither is it anywhere else in the world, sometimes we just have to bite the bullet and accept that.
Of course people are entitled to complain if they are unhappy but even that can, and should, be done politely, to shout, swear or make threats is a sign of ignorance and lack of self respect.
Likewise for anyone who is also trying to run a business to constantly and publicly attempt to tarnish another business doesn't do themselves any favours, would they like to be treated in the same way.
Well done MM, I hope you continue to deliver the best internet service I have had for many a long year.

TAFF44
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Post by TAFF44 »

Kemal,
Im not slagging off your company but as your posting on here, can you tell me why after 10 days of unwatchable tv, 4 emails to yourself without response. Ian todd eventually got somebody out to me today, replaced box, television still unwatchable, this is the same for myself my mother 2 doors away, my nextdoor neighbour and my cousin 1 mi.e away, all exactly the same problem. Please dont tell me to check out your website for news, while i agree with you that you have brought on internet and TV in leaps and bounds, its so frustrating that all im getting is freezing, pixalating and resetting.
Please a positive response.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

@TAFF44, you should ask all those questions to NTV, this is a Multimax thread and has nothing to do with the topic you are talking about.

I am sure if you contact NTV through proper channels, you will get proper answers.

-----

Whatarotty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Whatarotty »

Kemal do you have alternative contact numbers for NTV please, the number we were given just rings out and can rarely catch them online....... My last question to you regarding NTV I promise, your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you

iv_cyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Post by iv_cyprus »

Whatarotty wrote:Kemal do you have alternative contact numbers for NTV please, the number we were given just rings out and can rarely catch them online....... My last question to you regarding NTV I promise, your help would be very much appreciated. Thank you
You can send an e-mail to [email protected] or contact them on the Live Chat support on their website (ntv.mx on the top right corner of the page). The NTV live chat support will be open from 9:00 a.m. till midnight for the upcoming days, in order to track all customer issues on the spot, during the late hours and improve service.

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Re NTV (I know it is a wrong subject for this post) Yesterday I received an e-mail, 2 phone calls and assistance on the on line help from Erol. nHe is determined to get NTV right. nHe will be manning the on-line help from 6pm to midnight himself as this is when most problems occur. I urge you to use the on-line help. Erol is really good and helpful voice a bit tooo deep though Lol
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

After reading all the threads on MM. I would like to say that I have been with them for 1 1/2 years and for me, it's been excellent. I have no idea what my upload, download speed is, I don't even know(or care) how to find out, as all I want is a reliable, fast internet, and that is what I've got. How many other companies go on to forums to answer their customer questions, I think Kemal and Erol do a great job in giving internet and office help. So, thanks from one happy customer.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

The site is a lot clearer
Nice to see the Freedom Package offer on the site
https://www.mmcyp.com/en/content/freedo ... sV8IvRdX_E
Also can pay on line which is useful when you are out of the country?

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

@wanderer, in the next few days, we will be launching our new customer control panel.

You will be able to modify some of your details, see the status, expiration date of your connection, check your antenna signal, have a fully integrated ticketing system, pay for your connections, change the packet you are on and more...

Watch for the official announcement soon.

Kemal
-----

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Sounds good I've been stuck in the uk since June with health issues so this would have been a life saver or internet saver

guru
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Post by guru »

I note the Freedom package installation is 250TL but how much is the annual fee?

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Installation IS the annual fee. You pay 250TL for first year, and every year thereafter (current prices)

From there on, you can purchase your service on a per day basis.

K.
-----

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Kemal, I'm glad you remembered to put (current price) after your quote, otherwise in 5 years time someone will be complaining you put the price up without telling them.After all that's been written about Multimax no longer doing NTV, how can some people still be complaining to you about their problems with it.

guru
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Post by guru »

kbasat wrote:Installation IS the annual fee. You pay 250TL for first year, and every year thereafter (current prices)

From there on, you can purchase your service on a per day basis.

K.
Thanks, but think I'll stick with 3G for now, to be honest we only come over about 3 times per year and only use internet occasionally for e-mails and a bit of web browsing. If the annual fee was less we would consider but thanks anyway Kemal.

Mint1955
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Mint1955 »

Arrived at villa from Ercan 8.30 telephone call at 10 we will be with you in 45 minutes. Installation done Internet all up and running.good signal all around villa. I still have to work out how to activate and pay next time we arrive but that's not a worry for now.
Thank you Multimax.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”