Wi Fi in TRNC

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

DAVPAT
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Wi Fi in TRNC

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by DAVPAT »

Wife has asked if Wi Fi available in TRNC,I would have thought so?

David
Poor and content is rich enough!

laptatony
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Wi Fi in TRNC

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by laptatony »

Yes, but speeds not as fast as you get in the UK. Wi fi, Asdl and dongles.

smithscorner
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by smithscorner »

Depends where you live in the UK and what you pay for out here my broadband speed in the TRNC is often twice as fast as in the UK. At least in the TRNC you tend to get the speed you pay for!
Retired in the TRNC - now also retired in the UK

Deks Restaurant
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Deks Restaurant »

If you ever visit the Karpaz we offer free Wi-Fi internet access at DEKS Restaurant.
DEKS RESTAURANT & BAR
YENİERENKÖY, KARPAZ
0533 830 9568 - 0533 885 4445

MoBry
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by MoBry »

I've got wi-fi here and it works brilliantly. Much faster speeds, and a higher-quality, faster-speed service than you get in Australia. Plus it's cheaper.
Do your best to grow old disgracefully.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

DAVPAT, just to make sure that we're all talking about the same thing, which I don't think we are -

Do you mean 'Free WiFi Zones' or 'Hotspots', where you can use your portable devices (iphone, laptop etc.) in Cafes and Bars?

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

Wifi is kind of universal term and is used in Cyprus (correctly or incorrectly) for a number of ways to connect internet.

1. Some hotels, restaurants, bars and other public places offer wifi access, usually free of charge. Speeds and reliability totally depends on the premises internet connection, type of equipment used for distribution and number of people sharing the connection at the time.

2. Some service providers offer wireless hotspots, where there is no equipment installation. They have installed wireless access points especially in populated areas and if you are close enough to one of them you can just buy an access card and use your laptop to access internet. Technology and drawbacks is similar to the (1) above.

3. Wireless 'fixed' internet. This is the most common form and widely available islandwide. Because of the poor underground infrastructure, service providers provide you with a connection wirelessly through installing an antenna on your rooftop and drawing a cable down. You can, if you choose to (but usually not required to), purchase a wireless access point for wifi in your house, or just use cable provided. Speeds and service are supposedly better than all other options but varies greatly from provider to provider and also the technology used.

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Just to reply to Brymo. When I was in Oz in Feb, I had a dongle for a month and it was Far cheaper than mine here. Strange that you think it is cheaper here. and I got a far better deal of dongle, and speed etc. MaYBE WA is a better state than over East.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

I can vouch for DEKS and they do great grub - I can vouch for that. and it is in a lovely spot. And i am not being paid to say so!!!!
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”