Internet Cafe

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Craig
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Internet Cafe

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Craig »

Can anyone help me. We are travelling to north cyprus at the end of August and need access to a computer and internet while we are there. Is there an Internet Cafe or similar anywhere that we could use? I don't have a laptop so wifi hot spots are not really suitable for us. Thanks Craig (Regular Visitor)

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Internet Cafe

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Hi Craig. You do not say where you will be. In the Kyrenia area there are several internet cafes. Best thing to do (imho)is to ask someone when you have 'landed' (i.e. the area that you are) and see what comes up. or if you post on here where you think you will be, I am sure that someone can give you specific instrucitons.

Enjoy your stay - and do post on here what you manage to find by way of internet access etc.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Also some of the Hotels and Holiday Villages have computers with internet access, for use by guests - bet you didn't think to ask when booking!

Never mind - as Marion says, there are plenty of Internet Cafes - where are you staying?

Craig
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Craig »

Hi All and thank you, We are staying at Green Holiday Village in Alsancak but we do know the area pretty well and I'm sure we'd have a reasonable stab at finding a "Cafe" if one exists anywhere between Lapta and Catalkoy. Have car will travel!! Even have a speeding fine from last but one visit to prove it. Damn those cops are keen.
I've driven all over England as part of my job for years and not got a ticket. Two weeks in Cyprus and I get £45 Fine for doing 13kph over the limit on my way up to Karpaz

Craig
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Craig »

Hi Marion/Keith
Now that you know where we are staying, can you advise me on the closest Internet Cafe. Thanks craig

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

There was one in Alsancak Village, on the main street (Ankara Sokak), but I can't remember if it's still there, never having needed to use it...

I'll have a decko and get back to you.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

yES i WILL TAKE A LOOK. the shops along that road are for ever changing, but will take a special look as I drive along over the week-end and report back - unless Angelic Angela gets there first, but I expect she has more than enough on her plate living in central Kyrenia and nursing her husband. So, I will do what I can.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

If you feel like venturing as far as the Karpaz, there are also several in various villages. There is definitely one in Dipkarpaz and also one in Yenierenköy

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”