iPlayer

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

iPlayer

•   Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

Hi guys anyone having problems with I player today Sunday and if not what VPN are you using ?
It's the first time I have had a problem.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: iTunes

•   Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

SURELY SOMEONE ON HERE WATCHES ITUNES ??????

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Do you mean iPlayer as bbc or iTunes as in Apple?

Try connecting to a new location if iPlayer or restart a couple of times

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

Thanks for your reply been trying for two days I can get uk lottery but iplayer states I'm not in the uk I must have restarted 100 times I asked what VPN others were using but either no one wants to help except yourself or no one uses a vpn

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

What vpn are you using?

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

I can't get BBC iPlayer through either Multimax or Surfeasy. Surfeasy have said they know about the problem and are working on it but I suspect I am in for a very long wait

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

It was in the news about 12 months ago that BBC were trying to clamp down on people accessing their services from outside the UK. Looks like it is starting to impact. Having said that, I still can access the services using Nord VPN. However, I sometimes have issues but a reconnection or a change of location is required.

Not sure of multimax / surfeasy though. I use computers / devices

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

I am using Astrill which has never let me down until now. I have spoken to them and they gave me the we are working on it story but 30 minutes ago said they can do nothing about it and suggested I get a uk VPN instead so any suggestions guys please as I'm halfway through salamander 2 . I need it for the lottery and iplayer.
Thanks in anticipation.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

Thanks for your input trigger.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Nord VPN

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

terry2366 wrote:...either no one wants to help except yourself or no one uses a vpn
Well, I for one, didn't know what it was that you were on about at that point, you seemed to be talking about 'iTunes' which I don't use...

There was quite a big discussion on the forum on this subject with some advice from Erol, which you can read here...

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

terry2366 wrote:I am using Astrill which has never let me down until now. I have spoken to them and they gave me the we are working on it story but 30 minutes ago said they can do nothing about it and suggested I get a uk VPN instead so any suggestions guys please as I'm halfway through salamander 2 . I need it for the lottery and iplayer.
Thanks in anticipation.
I use Nord VPN, used it in a host of countries to access bbc, itv, channel 4, sky etc. Sometimes have to change location / server but by far the best VPN service I have used. I used to use Express VPN but that has been problematic of late.

Nord VPN have a range of packages available. Perhaps sign up for the 30 money back trial and if you are happy take out a package.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Some people are clearly getting BBC iPlayer here in TRNC. Speaking to someone in Alsancak yesterday who had no knowledge of the problem others are having. She watches iPlayer on her IPad all the time same as she has done for years.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Keithcaley wrote:
terry2366 wrote:...either no one wants to help except yourself or no one uses a vpn
Well, I for one, didn't know what it was that you were on about at that point, you seemed to be talking about 'iTunes' which I don't use...

There was quite a big discussion on the forum on this subject with some advice from Erol, which you can read here...
For what it is worth I am not replying to posts that I believe have been clearly created in the wrong forum section. That may seem a little harsh I guess but there you are.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Hi, I use a VPN to download from I player, but did not respond to the query as it said I tunes and I don't use it for that. I use My Private Network, MPN at the moment. It is £4.99 per month. I used to use Multimax one, which was free, but it is not working now. MPN was working well but over the past couple of weeks has become a problem again with it constantly disconnecting itself for some reason, and the downloads failing, which is very frustrating when you have almost finished a download and then lose it. I have tried various different things, the latest being I have extended the time for the sleep mode to come on to 30 mins. Just a wild stab in the dark really but it does seem that inactivity on the laptop co-incides with the VPN connection being lost and the download failing. Trying everything at the mo, but there do seem to be a lot of issues now with the use of the BBC Iplayer.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

Thanks Keith for enlightening me on my muppet moment I wondered why I got no replies thanks to all the Clueso followers who worked it out . Yes it was iplayer I have the problem with .

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

terry2366 wrote:Thanks Keith for enlightening me on my muppet moment I wondered why I got no replies thanks to all the Clueso followers who worked it out . Yes it was iplayer I have the problem with .

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: iPlayer

•   Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Just a word on VPN. Don't go with Windscribe, which was working for me initially with BBC iPlayer, no longer working, so best not to bother and find something else.

Ayala66
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Post by Ayala66 »

I can recommend Strong VPN

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Bbc iplayer still works with expressvpn.
Been using them for a few years, every so often the bbc blocks them but they fix it within hours so no reason to doubt they will keep it running.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

I took Mr Chinnery's advice and signed up to Nord VPN - no problems now with BBC Iplayer.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”