Problems with Multimax Internet?

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Problems with Multimax Internet?

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Is anyone else having problems with Multimax? Over the past few days the download speed has been snailpace, the internet in general is very slow. Have just tried to go onto the Multimax internet page to lodge a query, but can't get on, just keeps saying the page cannot be reached. Anyone else have the same problem. I am in the Ozankoy area. Thanks in advance.

snail921
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Problems with Multimax Internet?

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by snail921 »

all seems to be ok this morning, just logged on to their site with no problem. speed nothing to write home about but not noticeably slower than usual
Regards
Brian

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Thanks Brian, just tried the site again, same response, site cannot be reached, will keep trying. I would phone them but I am deaf so have to use email. Speed is the worst I have ever known, taken 20 minutes to download 3% of a programme..... grrrrr. Regards.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

I think you must have a specific problem because there is no general problem with MM today.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Thanks Groucho, I have managed to message them through Facebook, still can't get access to the webpage.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

If you haven't already done so, disconnect the power from your router and also the little power supply that connects to the Internet cable ( the one that comes from the receiver dish/aerial outside).

Count to ten, kick it (optional ), and reconnect the power, then see if it's the same.

If that does not help, then you may have a damaged downlead, the recent bad weather won't have done the lead any good if it's been sat in the sun for a few years, they do get rather brittle...
Last edited by Keithcaley on Sat 12 May 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Hi. Just to note I would have replied earlier but I personally am not replying to posts made in the wrong section of the forum until they are moved to the correct section. Posting a computer / internet problem in general section of the forum will not lead to a quicker response, at least as far as any input from me goes.

In addition to Keith's good suggestions. Are you using a VPN ? If so what VPN are you using. If it is the MM free VPN this will explain why you can not access the MM website. Disconnect from the VPN first then try the MM website. What are you downloading and from where ? If you want to pm me your MM account name I will look in to it for you but would note that neither this forum or facebook are 'proper' support channels for MM customers.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Thank you Erol, it is now sorted. I simply wanted to know if others were experiencing the same problem. If it had been a general problem I would not have contacted MM. As it is, I have dealt with them over Facebook, and used Keith's very helpful suggestion. One, or both, seem to have done the trick. As always MM were extremely efficient and helpful, I just didn't want to bother them if it was a general problem.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by erol »

mrsgee wrote:Thank you Erol, it is now sorted.
Glad to hear that.
mrsgee wrote:I simply wanted to know if others were experiencing the same problem. If it had been a general problem I would not have contacted MM. As it is, I have dealt with them over Facebook, and used Keith's very helpful suggestion. One, or both, seem to have done the trick. As always MM were extremely efficient and helpful, I just didn't want to bother them if it was a general problem.
And if you had of posted this question in the "INTERNET & COMPUTERS" section of the forum I would have been able to reply to you near instantly that there were no know general issues. As it was posted in the 'General' forum area then I did not reply instantly but instead waited for the topic to first be moved to the correct section. I am sorry and I am not really having a go at you specifically and this is personal 'bug bear' of mine. However I am very aware that any time someone starts a topic in the 'General' section of the forum that clearly belongs in one of the other sections, they are just creating work for others, be that Soner, or the unpaid oft criticised seldom appreciated mods, that however small would simply be unnecessary if the topic had of been created in the correct forum section to start with. Asking people to not do this seems to have little or no effect which is why I personally am now not replying to threads created in the general section of the forum when they clearly should have been created elsewhere, until such have been moved. Sorry.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

No probs Erol, I have learned my lesson.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”