Multimax - Freedom Pack

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Multimax - Freedom Pack

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Has anybody had any experience of Multimax’s freedom package, and if so, is it any good?

We plan to be in North Cyprus periodically throughout the year so thought this might be our best option. We use the internet for streaming a bit of music, watching iPlayer etc and basic internet browsing.

TIA

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Multimax - Freedom Pack

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

Several owners on our sit use the freedom package and are quite happy with it, Our management company are now actually agents for Multimax
Mick
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

mickhm wrote:Several owners on our sit use the freedom package and are quite happy with it, Our management company are now actually agents for Multimax
Mick
Thanks, good to hear. It sounds like it might be the best option for us.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

We have the Freedom pack.

Works very well for us. Pay the annual fee for router and then pay only for the time we are on island. A few days before we are due to arrive we go online and pay for the number of days we are staying........arrive on island turn on power and router and internet is ready and waiting. If there has been a problem we call MM who talk us thro a few checks and if that doesn’t solve the problem then an engineer is soon on site........ normally it’s a cable problem from roof - the sun doesn’t help. Or it’s power to the amp on the roof. Either way it’s solved quickly.

No complaints and more than happy with package and service.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

PoshinDevon wrote:We have the Freedom pack.

Works very well for us. Pay the annual fee for router and then pay only for the time we are on island. A few days before we are due to arrive we go online and pay for the number of days we are staying........arrive on island turn on power and router and internet is ready and waiting. If there has been a problem we call MM who talk us thro a few checks and if that doesn’t solve the problem then an engineer is soon on site........ normally it’s a cable problem from roof - the sun doesn’t help. Or it’s power to the amp on the roof. Either way it’s solved quickly.

No complaints and more than happy with package and service.
Sounds exactly what we are after. Do I need to have a landline / phone installed too?

Thanks

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

No.

To be honest it would take forever to get a landline.

Call or go to the Multimax office and they will talk you thro everything.

In simple terms.........Just about all the internet services are supplied by a small receiver dish/amp on your roof which is aligned to a local base station......cable from antenna on roof into your property, attached to wireless router.

There are other providers but we have been satisfied with the service and have been with them for 8 years.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Trigger wrote:Do I need to have a landline / phone installed too?
No

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

Thanks for all of the replies. I have emailed them but not heard anything back. Will it be a case of going into the shop when I get there? If so, what is the usual turn around date?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Trigger wrote:Thanks for all of the replies. I have emailed them but not heard anything back. Will it be a case of going into the shop when I get there? If so, what is the usual turn around date?
Hi Trigger. I work for Multimax internet. What email address did you send the enquiry to ? Have you checked you spam folder for replies ? I can not find any unanswered query in our systems along these lines ? If you want to pm me the email address you sent the query from then I can check more thoroughly. No such query should go unanswered so I would like to get to the bottom of what has happened here if possible.

In any case, to sign up for freedom package you will have to come to the office with some form of ID I am afraid to set up and sign the necessary paperwork. Installation times are typically quoted as being 'up to 7 working days' but this can change in periods of unusual activity for our engineers. You can contact us before you have signed up and have a future installation date 'pencilled in' for a day after the date you tell us you will be coming in to sign up the paperwork. Will will then, as long as you do sign up when you say you will, make every effort to install on the pencilled in date. We however can not guarantee such. We do and will always prioritise existing customers over new sign ups. So if for example on the night before the pencilled in install date there are say massive storms leading to existing customers loosing connection, we would delay your pencilled in install in favour of visiting and fixing these existing customers if necessary.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

I have now had the internet installed. The lady said that once this happened I had a day to go to their website and register so that I could make a payment for the amount of days I required.

It will not let me register. It says that my email address is invalid. I have tried to contact multimax by phone, by WhatsApp, by email and by online support, but cannot get any response. What is the best way to contact them?

Also, do I perhaps have to wait a little bit of time for them to enter my details onto their system?

Thanks

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Trigger wrote:I have now had the internet installed. The lady said that once this happened I had a day to go to their website and register so that I could make a payment for the amount of days I required.

It will not let me register. It says that my email address is invalid. I have tried to contact multimax by phone, by WhatsApp, by email and by online support, but cannot get any response. What is the best way to contact them?

Also, do I perhaps have to wait a little bit of time for them to enter my details onto their system?

Thanks
Hi

Assuming the name you have used with us at Multimax is the initials R R then we have received your email and someone should be getting back to you shortly with details of how to get this sorted.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

erol wrote:
Trigger wrote:I have now had the internet installed. The lady said that once this happened I had a day to go to their website and register so that I could make a payment for the amount of days I required.

Thanks
Hi

Assuming the name you have used with us at Multimax is the initials R R then we have received your email and someone should be getting back to you shortly with details of how to get this sorted.
Yup, that’s my wife. Email now received, many thanks

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Trigger »

erol wrote:

Thanks
Hi

All sorted now thanks

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”