Slow internet with Multimax

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Whatarotty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Slow internet with Multimax

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Whatarotty »

Same old chestnut but just asking out there, is anyone else west of Girne having problems with the Multimax internet speed? I have raised the issue 4 times over the weekend and been told it's fine! If it was I wouldn't be raising the issue so, just seeing if anyone is having problems so I can go back to them with a little more evidence...........

Thank you

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Slow internet with Multimax

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Useless - Download 2.6 Upload 2.3

Laptop says its Excellent but Kindle and Phone barely register. MM customer in Alsancak

Whatarotty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Whatarotty »

Thank you Sophie ! Ours is 0.4 download... And someone else contacted me privately so that's at least 3 of us now....

davedee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by davedee »

Yep Karsyaka hopeless called them going to send engineer tomorrow.

Whatarotty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Whatarotty »

Thank you Davedee.....

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Sophie, if you are using wifi to connect your Kindle to the router, try moving it closer to the router (same with the phone) or use a cable to connect it to the router, if possible. The fact that you are getting a good speed on the laptop tends to indicate that it's an internal issue at your premises rather than an ISP related one...

Whatarotty, same thing might apply (or not!) - but there's nothing to lose

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Just in passing - here in the UK son's kindle (since a couple of days ago) has stopped detecting wifi altogether - both OH's and mine both detect about eight local networks, so obviously the wifi chip/card on son's has packed up - perhaps they do die after time.....

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

8.50 now and Download jumped to 5.8, but Upload now 1.6. Can't move Kindle closer to router. tend to use it all over the house. Paid to have Ethernet "boosters" half way up stairs and they were total waste of time and money. Have just learned live with Good Days and Bad Days!!

Whatarotty
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Whatarotty »

I have been on-line support most of the evening with Multimax and I must be giving them a headache now.....
The IPAD shows a speed test of 0.1 - 1.4 via Multimax website but they asked me to do it via my phone and it went to 20mbps which is what Multimax are saying I have.... That's great but I'm still getting buffering and drop outs which is why I tested the speed in the first place but I'm not getting any advice on what it could be, i don't expect 100% but I do want to watch tv with a lot less interruption or to use iPad without buffering 70% of the time..... When it's good it's great but when it's bad I want to put it right but not sure how to go about it..... Tv is not wifi, iPad is.....

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Both cases could be due to 'WiFi frequency congestion', either from equipment in your own premises or from your Neighbours.

Switch off anything that can
a) connect to the Internet, and
b) which you are not actually using to watch TV (or at the very least, disable WiFi on such items)

- and see if that improves matters.

Bear in mind that cordless DECT phones, cordless Baby Monitors, Cordless Security systems etc. etc. (yours, OR your neighbours') can also interfere with your household WiFi...

If you are on good terms with your neighbours, ask them whether they are suffering from similar issues, and perhaps even consider running a couple of tests, where first you and then they, turn everything off to see whether that affects reception 'next door'...

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

We had buffering in Ozankoy last night had to switch off, it was one of the worst nights for bad reception, so must have been all over the North!

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

No trouble at all up in Karaman.
Just done test now on phone....Ping 29ms Download 14.1Mbps Upload 2.1 Mbps

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by turtle »

Erol put a post up last year I think?.. explaining the issues with watching TV from an Android box and that to get an internet connection for that box it has to travel from various different sources around the world before it lands on your TV....I think in a nutshell that's how I understood it? So from time to time there will be issues with watching TV from this source.
My TV over the last few days has been a bit hit and mis but when you do a speedtest on phone or tablet or even on your Android system the speed is not that bad really...i've been getting 14 - 20mb most of last week but as I say the tv has been pants but in all honesty is this really Multimax fault?... I not so sure.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I wasn't even going anywhere near trying to address any TV issues - just making some suggestions about the issue that Sophie and whatarotty were experiencing, possibly due to WiFi issues / interference within their own homes, because if you can't even get a good WiFi connection to your own router, you're never going to be able to watch a TV programme being streamed from a BBC or ITV server in the UK (which might themselves be swamped by millions of people trying to connect at peak times...)

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Speed seems to be back to normal highs today....

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”