Setting up a new router

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Setting up a new router

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

In an effort to improve the connection of my internet I have purchased a newer router. It is not the latest all singing all dancing one as the choices were limited and I have ended up with a TP Link WR840N. I have followed the information in the quick installation guide and my computer can see it but will not connect to it.

I am am with Multimax but have looked on their support pages and cannot find a solution. I have not contacted them as my understanding is the equipment in the house is not theirs so therefore not their problem although I understand they are very helpful. So I searched on here and could not find an answer so thought I would pose the question.

As I say the laptop can see the router but will not connect to it. I am unable to use a cable to connect so am doing this via wi-fi. I have set the router up but cannot see how to add the connection I have already via Multimax. In simple terms can anyone help with this or should I just take the router to Multimax for it to be configured?

I have also searched the net for a solution without success so far but am continuing to look and jsut thought I would try here as well.

Thanks in anticipation.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Setting up a new router

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Simple solution take it into MM and they will configure it for you....

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by erol »

There are many ways to set up such a device that can all work. Multimax have a recommended set up. You are more than welcome to bring the router to MM office and we will configure your router for you as per the MM recommended settings. Alternatively if you would like to set it up yourself and need some guidance you are welcome to pm me a local number and I will call you and talk you through it.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Blimey that was quick. I had been told by a friend that the best way was to take it into the office so am happy to do that but that is a very kind offer Erol I will pm you.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Just an additional thought as I cannot connect my laptop directly with a ethernet cable I need an adapter to connect it to the USB-C port. Does anyone know where in Girne I may be able to buy an adapter?

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Laconic
Directions
Bellapais lights towards Lefkosa roundabout on left 1/3 of a mile before roundabout supermarket and insurance brokers by it

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Thanks for that. Will pop in when I go to Multimax.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”