Bit missing from RHS of Kibcom pages

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Bit missing from RHS of Kibcom pages

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I can't seem to get to the far RHS of the page i.e. I know some of the threads are way over 1 page. However down at the bottom it says Page 1 of . That's all,, how do I obtain Page 2/3/4/ or whatever. Thanks.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Bit missing from RHS of Kibcom pages

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

If you are using a normal pc and keyboard or a laptop, hold down the Control key (left hand side of keyboard, towards the front edge, nearest you, usually marked Ctrl) and then repeatedly press the '-' (minus) key.

This should cause the page to get smaller, stop when you get it to the size that you want.

Ctrl key and the '+' key does the opposite, and magnifies the screen, so bits disappear off the edges (my cat seems to have learnt how to do this!).

If you totally mess it up, use Ctrl and the Zero '0' key, which should make it revert to the default settings.

If none of that works, then the screen resolution may have changed for some obscure reason - let me know if you need more help.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Will have a go and see what happens. I've gone from W7 to W10 which will probably have a bearing. The other thing that has changed is how to place a web site on my desk top. I've Googled the problem and seems that thousands of people are complaining about the very latest W10. There are many YouTube supposed cures, but dear Lord its so complicated and they go so quick. Come back the days when you right clicked, highlighted and then left clicked!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

sophie, if it's any consolation, I hate Windows 10 as well.

I resisted it for as long as I could, but a new computer meant that I had to succumb in the end

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

KC, actually I'm getting adjusted to it bit by bit and it's OK. Problem with the bit missing on the RHS side is not a case of moving what is on the screen, its more like the small slice of the RHS of Kibcom is missing. Just as if you print something off and the last two letters of every row is omitted.

Have you tried to place a website on your desk top with W10. The other small gripe with this latest version of W10 is Microsoft sticking it's nose in where its not wanted, I hit the X at every opportunity!!!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

sophie wrote:KC, actually I'm getting adjusted to it bit by bit and it's OK. Problem with the bit missing on the RHS side is not a case of moving what is on the screen, its more like the small slice of the RHS of Kibcom is missing. Just as if you print something off and the last two letters of every row is omitted.

Have you tried to place a website on your desk top with W10. The other small gripe with this latest version of W10 is Microsoft sticking it's nose in where its not wanted, I hit the X at every opportunity!!!!
So are you saying that you tried holding Ctrl and pressing the'-' key repeatedly, and that it did not work?

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”