Multimax internet down

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

madeincyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Multimax internet down

•   Message 1 of 33 in Discussion

Post by madeincyprus »

Hi we are in catalkoy and have had no internet all evening. Was wondering if anyone else had. Problem or if it's just us

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Multimax internet down

•   Message 2 of 33 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Try switching off your internet supply, then back on. Take out the plugs from the socket and put back in, If that doesn't work, give MM a call.

butterfly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 33 in Discussion

Post by butterfly »

It was very slow last night.

offshoredi
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 33 in Discussion

Post by offshoredi »

Mine was fine in Arapkoy

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 33 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

Yes...a bit iffy during last night of the Proms
Good to have Catch-up Tv!

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 33 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

Mine in Karsiyaka was bad yesterday, contacted MM but still quite bad, could it be the wind causing the antennas to move and lose signal

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Mine was fine in karakum,what package are you on

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 8 of 33 in Discussion

Post by gates »

i have had bad internet with MM since came back from my house in Yeni Erencoy its a joke . I had a lot of problems there but Net House arrived & went with them had very few issues . Also with them you can turn it off when away & on when return also 20meg most days so MM can stick it when my contract expires i will go to Net House in both units & turn off on as i want much cheaper better service stronger int

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 33 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

gates wrote:i have had bad internet with MM since came back from my house in Yeni Erencoy its a joke . I had a lot of problems there but Net House arrived & went with them had very few issues . Also with them you can turn it off when away & on when return also 20meg most days so MM can stick it when my contract expires i will go to Net House in both units & turn off on as i want much cheaper better service stronger int
Multimax has money back guarantee on unused portion of your account if you are not happy with the service so that you do not have to wait for the contract to expire. Although we are the best Internet Service Provider north of the mountains, we unfortunately cannot guarantee best service 100% of the time and there are always those odd spots where service quality is less than ideal. Money Back Guarantee has been put in place long time ago in order to ensure customer satisfaction and security, even when customers are not happy with our service...

You also did not mention whether you have contacted customer support and what their response was, always pays off to let them know you are having issue with your connection.

Kemal
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

madeincyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 33 in Discussion

Post by madeincyprus »

Contacted customer service who assured me that the internet was fine via phone and email. finally got through to a nice young man who checked my connection and said that there was no power to my receiver. sent someone yesterday who replaced my received as it had broken. very concerned that i was told twice my email that my connection was fine though.

gates

•   Message 11 of 33 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I have tried to call for an hour last night but busy all the time so gave up it came good for a little while about 7/8 but then later it went again you had sent message to say it was down for an hour but came back again about 2am lets see how we fare later

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 33 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

Mine was bad again yesterday again can the weather effect it as it seems every time we have winds the speeds are poor, come on Erol or Kbasatcan you answer that

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 13 of 33 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Been on island since Saturday.

As we are on the MM freedom package went on line a couple of days before arrival and paid for the internet to be up and running prior to our arrival.

Got into our place mid afternoon, electric on and within 5 mins the Internet was working. Since our arrival we have managed to google chromecast from our tablets to the tv using WiFi and using various apps have watched a number of films and live tv with little problem.

Perphaps we have been lucky but so far the internet service from MM has been more than satisfactory despite the strange weather .......wind and rain for short periods.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

WotNoDeeds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 33 in Discussion

Post by WotNoDeeds »

Unfortunately our experience with Multimax wasn't as good as PoshinDevon's. Their service was reasonable but we found that their unconditional money back guarantee wasn't worth the paper it was written on and when this problem was highlighted on Kibkom, Multimax very generously, with much publicity, gave our refund to KAR. This was several years ago, so hopefully Multimax have improved in the interim. We certainly hope so.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 15 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

WotNoDeeds, I followed that saga with interest and concluded that you were the cause of your own dissatisfaction because you refused to budge from your demand of being allowed to use MMX Internet right up to your day of departure, and expected to receive your refund the same day - and this was despite alternative methods of keeping you online that were suggested.

I and several others concluded that you were just being bloody - minded and trying to make a point about your general dissatisfaction with 'all things TRNC'.

I think that your forum name says it all...

Just an opinion, of course

ITFCMike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 33 in Discussion

Post by ITFCMike »

Because I am leaving the Island soon have been looking at the refund procedure.
If you are unhappy and want to leave for a new ISP it is perfectly workable.
But if you are leaving the island the logistics are difficult.
Accounts may have been closed so the cheque cannot be cashed.
Seems a nonsense that a authorised third party cannot deal and the refund cannot be paid in cash, we are not talking a lot of money.
But the real problem is loss of internet,just when you are in the middle of making a load of arrangements,it is just not practical.

The nonsense is if you are moving ISP because the service from MM is perceived as poor no problem, but if you have been very happy (as I have) with the service and just want to cancel, leave the island and get a refund it is not easy.
In fact as it stands I will not bother,so the guarantee to me is worthless.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 17 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Can't you just put a data package on your phone and use it as a mobile Hotspot to connect your other gear for a few days? That should allow time for collection of the equipment etc.
Send me the cheque, and I'll give you the cash

ITFCMike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 33 in Discussion

Post by ITFCMike »

That`s assuming I do dumbphones,I don`t!

There is a very simpleanswer to this
Give MM three weeks notice of your leave date,they come around the day before take their equipment and give you the cash refund.

WotNoDeeds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 33 in Discussion

Post by WotNoDeeds »

Keith Caley we feel we must correct you on your perceptions .
We did want to use Multimax internet up until the day of our departure but we did not expect to receive our refund the same day. Multimax refused to pay the refund into our bank account or to a nominee at a later date when they had finished their processing which we felt was unreasonable. They wouldn't give us the refund to which we were legally entitled but they then went on to give our money to KAR.

We were not bloody-minded and in no way were we dissatisfied with all things TRNC, only with the service, or rather lack of service we received from Mulltimax on this occasion.

The forum name was adopted tongue-in-cheek when many house buyers had trouble securing their deeds.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 20 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

WotNoDeeds wrote:Keith Caley we feel we must correct you on your perceptions .
We did want to use Multimax internet up until the day of our departure but we did not expect to receive our refund the same day. Multimax refused to pay the refund into our bank account or to a nominee at a later date when they had finished their processing which we felt was unreasonable. They wouldn't give us the refund to which we were legally entitled but they then went on to give our money to KAR.

We were not bloody-minded and in no way were we dissatisfied with all things TRNC, only with the service, or rather lack of service we received from Mulltimax on this occasion.

The forum name was adopted tongue-in-cheek when many house buyers had trouble securing their deeds.
WotNoDeeds, I'm sorry, my post was unnecessarily aggressive and over-the-top, and I've obviously missed some of the points - I apologise.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 21 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

ITFCMike - I've PM'd you, in case you don't spot it !

ITFCMike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 33 in Discussion

Post by ITFCMike »

Seen it,no chance!!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 23 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Live in hope - Die in despair

gates

•   Message 24 of 33 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Well yet again 6pm bad int every night the same i dont live out in the sticks i live next to Turtle bay and every night the same try to call engaged all the time what are you supposed to do my custom will be going else were as soon as i sort i will let you know how or if i get my money back & on the new server

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 33 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

ITFCMike wrote: Seems a nonsense that a authorised third party cannot deal and the refund cannot be paid in cash, we are not talking a lot of money.
Currently Procedures accepted by our Legal Dept and Accounting is as follows:

A notary authorized 3rd party CAN deal and receive your refund check after you leave the island,
or
You can email us from the email address registered with us telling us who you want payment be made to,
or
You can tell us who you want the payment be made to when you fill out your cancellation from in person at our office.

ALSO
if you have reasonable funds in your account, and chose to have that payment made to a 3rd party after you leave, we can allow you to keep the equipment installed and service working till the day you leave the island PROVIDED that you guarantee we will have access to the premises after you leave to collect all equipment and parts.

Any specific questions send me a PM and we will try our best to accommodate you...

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

ITFCMike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 33 in Discussion

Post by ITFCMike »

Thank you for clarification,I can work with this
I do just have one question which I will pm you

Thanks once again

Mike

gates

•   Message 27 of 33 in Discussion

Post by gates »

just got back bad again did call said they will return 1 hour ago . Tryed call again engaged . I know i wont get anything back but wont be there servant again . If you are renewing try another one that has got more than one No to call that is always engaged or call you back
Its a shame as you can see from my other post i did boost MM shame now

WotNoDeeds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 33 in Discussion

Post by WotNoDeeds »

WotNoDeeds, I'm sorry, my post was unnecessarily aggressive and over-the-top, and I've obviously missed some of the points - I apologise.

Keithcaley True Kibkomer

- Apology accepted Keith

Kbsat : It's too late for us but glad to read that you now handle refunds differently.

gates

•   Message 29 of 33 in Discussion

Post by gates »

here are my earlier messages & as i have been so busy cant get through on there lines . How many times do you want to hear the MM song this is totally out of order thanks fora very trying experiences i do hope people take heed

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Total rubbish and nobody telling the real reason for the rubbish internet,on and off constantly

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 31 of 33 in Discussion

Post by erol »

michelle wrote:Total rubbish and nobody telling the real reason for the rubbish internet,on and off constantly
As I already said in the other thread you have posted on if you can let me know you MM customer details then I will investigate your issue for you and do all I can to get it resolved. If I do not know which customer you are there is very little I can do to help.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 33 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

erol wrote:
michelle wrote:Total rubbish and nobody telling the real reason for the rubbish internet,on and off constantly
As I already said in the other thread you have posted on if you can let me know you MM customer details then I will investigate your issue for you and do all I can to get it resolved. If I do not know which customer you are there is very little I can do to help.
Hi erol
What details do you require

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 33 of 33 in Discussion

Post by erol »

michelle wrote:
erol wrote:
Hi erol
What details do you require
I just need to know under what name the MM connection that you are having problems with is under. You can use 'pm' or 'email' function on the forum to let me know this.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”