Multimax charges

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Multimax charges

Post by susiesusie »

My friend has just been told that new charges effective immediately is now 2050 tl from 1200 tl.
Anyone know if the competitors have followed suit . It seems a big chunk of a rise .

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Multinax charges

Post by tomsteel »

susiesusie wrote:My friend has just been told that new charges effective immediately is now 2050 tl from 1200 tl.
Anyone know if the competitors have followed suit . It seems a big chunk of a rise .
Has this company recently been formed? I know of Multimax!

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

susiesusie wrote:My friend has just been told that new charges effective immediately is now 2050 tl from 1200 tl.
Has this company recently been formed? I know of Multimax!

susiesusie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by susiesusie »

Ok spelling mistake which I sure you realise !
Yes . Multimax

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Multimax charges

Post by erol »

Below is the price of our Gold service as paid by a random customer over last 4 years and the equivalent price in sterling and euros over same period and % increase and decrease in those terms from 2015 prices.

Payment date......Tl amount.......£/tl.........£equiv.....%change..e/tl......e equiv.......% change

21 Oct 2015..........999tl...............4.5..........222..........100%........3.2.......312.............100%
03 Nov 2016.........999tl...............3.95........253..........14%..........3.45.....289............-8%
01 Nov 2017.........999tl...............4.96........201..........-9.46%......4.43.....225.5.........-27.72%
today.....................2063tl.............8.44........244..........9%............7.5........275............-11.86%

The sterling figures have been affected by the B word, so looking at the euro equivalent figures our prices today in euro terms on this package are 11.86% less than they were in Oct 2015. In 2016 they were 8% down on previous year. In 2017 they were 27.72% down on 2015 prices. Today they are 11.86% less than 2015
Last edited by erol on Tue 18 Sep 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by 13roman58 »

We paid 2060tl up from 999tl but if you work it back in exchange rates it's about £20 increase

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by IPMAN »

13roman58 wrote:We paid 2060tl up from 999tl but if you work it back in exchange rates it's about £20 increase
But if you are paid in TL its a 1,061TL increase or more than double!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

IPMAN wrote:
13roman58 wrote:We paid 2060tl up from 999tl but if you work it back in exchange rates it's about £20 increase
But if you are paid in TL its a 1,061TL increase or more than double!
Absolutely and as someone on a TL income I understand this all to well. However there is a perception that we have increased our TL prices by more than the % the TL has fallen against the euro. This is not really the case when you look at it over last 4 years. This is the point I am making here. In euro terms we have been charging less than we did in 2015 and that is still true today even at our new prices.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by terry2366 »

Can you help men der stand please why the exchange rate affects the Internet price. Is it not supplied by turkey who I understand use lira. Your staff are paid in sterling,euros or lira.? Have your costs suddenly doubled?. A little help to understand would be nice or is it just an excuse to make more money.??

Bob 4
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Bob 4 »

We have been with Extend now for over 10 years, no complaints, reception and customer service first class.I have just checked their prices on line and a good bit cheaper than MM. It's a free country, no one holds a gun to your head.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

terry2366 wrote:Can you help men der stand please why the exchange rate affects the Internet price. Is it not supplied by turkey who I understand use lira. Your staff are paid in sterling,euros or lira.? Have your costs suddenly doubled?. A little help to understand would be nice or is it just an excuse to make more money.??
Yes it is just an excuse to make more money.

No actually it is not. Pretty much all of our costs, either directly or indirectly are linked to the euro / tl exchange rate in one way or another. Stuff like networking kit , cables etc etc are priced in euros or dollars. This is the kit used to build the actual network and all the kit necessary to to run the service (computers in office, phones, printer ink etc etc). Then the costs of the rent on office (not in tl). Vehicles (not in tl). Then costs that are not directly charged in euro / dollars but are linked to it, like electricity. Yes these are in TL but the price increase over last 4 years as the TL has dropped in value vs the Euro is in the same ball park. Salaries - again paid in TL but I for one am certainly 'pushing' for a salary increase that is commensurate with the degree to which the TL has fallen in value vs the euro.

It would probably be simpler for you to suggest to me what 'costs' you think we have that are not affected by the fall in value of the TL vs other currencies than for me to list all the costs that are. If salary is your answer then I would say the idea that salary cost are unaffected by the fall in the value of the lira is unrealistic.

There has been one significant reduction in our costs, that is the price of connectivity to Turkey. Quite how TTnet are managing this when there own costs of equipment are not in TL and their costs for connectivity out from turkey are not in TL and they too will have pressure for TL salary increases as inflation in Turkey hits 25% and more, I am not sure. In any case this reduction in this part of our costs base is less than the 11.86% reduction in euro terms of our prices today vs the euro equivalent price in 2015. In Euro terms we have in fact passed on this reduction in costs, along with all the increase in costs as well.

Part of the reason why the price hike is so severe now is that we did not increase TL prices at all for over three years (oct 2015 to aug 2018 price stayed at 999TL in the random example above). We have learnt our lesson and prices are liable to change more rapidly now than in the past to avoid this situation in the future. We basically held off on increasing TL prices for too long so that when we finally did the increase was a greater jump than if we had steadily increased them over time.

We will be adjusting prices more frequently from now if necessary as and when the Euro/TL rate changes by more than 10% up or down from the figure of 7.5TL to the euro. So if the Euro rate comes down to 6.75 or lower we will reduce our prices. If it increased above 8.25TL to euro we will increase them.

silverfir
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by silverfir »

Bejesus, the man has kissed the blarney stone I'm thinkin'

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

Firstly, whilst many of our customers, some of whom have been with us for more than 10 years, do pay us annually to take advantage of free installation and/or generous discounts, we actually encourage customers to pay quarterly - why ?

Well, here's one reason - recently, NTV (a business/company) suddenly closed down and it is rumoured that everyone who had paid in advance lost their money. A year's subscription is a lot of money to lose !

At the moment, an eXtend Broadband 4 Mbps connection costs 99TL per month, a 6Mbps connection costs 119TL per month and an 8 Mbps connection costs 139TL per month. Annually (4Mbps) - 999TL, (6Mbps) - 1149 TL and 8 Mbps - 1349TL

As I have already said, free loan and installation of equipment is included with customers who pay annually.

Many people are of the view, that at the moment, In the current financial climate, guarantees given by any business/company are almost worthless, especially those attached to services supplied over an extended period. It is wise to be cautious when placing your trust.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:Many people are of the view, that at the moment, In the current financial climate, guarantees given by any business/company are almost worthless, especially those attached to services supplied over an extended period. It is wise to be cautious when placing your trust.
lol

In response to your totally off topic advertisement I would suggest that if your concern is paying up front for a service and the company going out of business before you get what you have paid for, then it seems obvious to me that the risk of this happening with a company whose costs have risen 80% when their prices have only risen 15% is far greater than with a company whose costs have risen the same 80% and whose prices have risen a similar amount. Still I only talk for myself and not for 'many people' as you are so fond of doing, so what would I know ?

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Bearing in mind the subject matter of this thread, many people 'may' consider your comments to be a little harsh and defensive, especially those people who may think that offering a price comparison is very helpful in these circumstances.

Further, bearing in mind the current financial climate and the problems that this may cause for any/all businesses/companies, many people may also consider that the quoted example (NTV failure) is wholly appropriate and that further, any advice that draws the customer's attention to the risks involved in making advance payments is also, wholly appropriate.

Those people who feel that they shouldn't be paying for Internet Bandwidth that they do not use, may be pleased to learn that there are alternatives that cost less, and those who would like to take advantage of monthly, or quarterly payment plans, may also consider these options expose them to less risk (leave the money in the bank and get the interest and use it to cover the slightly higher cost of a monthly payment plan).

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by terry2366 »

Thanks for your replies both Erol and sat cyprus but I am still sceptical I have been with extend for many years and am fully satisfied with their service and product. The guy we deal with Paul is always at hand and the few problems we have had were sorted immediately.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:Further, bearing in mind the current financial climate and the problems that this may cause for any/all businesses/companies, many people may also consider that the quoted example (NTV failure) is wholly appropriate and that further, any advice that draws the customer's attention to the risks involved in making advance payments is also, wholly appropriate.
Poppy cock. The reasons for NTV abruptly ceasing service were nothing to do with the 'financial climate' current or otherwise, at all and entirely down to issues around copyright and lack of it. A 'warning' that is more apposite to some of the out of region, copyright infringing, services you resell I would suggest. 'Many people' may also suggest the same - see what I did there ?
SatelliteCyprus wrote:Those people who feel that they shouldn't be paying for Internet Bandwidth that they do not use, may be pleased to learn that there are alternatives that cost less, and those who would like to take advantage of monthly, or quarterly payment plans, may also consider these options expose them to less risk (leave the money in the bank and get the interest and use it to cover the slightly higher cost of a monthly payment plan).
Certainly for those customers that want or only need a lesser service, then the service you are an agent for would indeed be one to consider.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Jonnie »

Strange that on one thread it is being suggested that there is a cartel amongst ISPs and price fixing and here it is pretty much the opposite.

I did 6 months MM a month or so ago, if extend have not put prices up by then I may "have a look" however I joined MM from extend in the very early days of MM and when Extend's service was the pits. I had joined Extend after being left high and dry by another company who I think were British operated but did not have the required permits or were not operating in the legal frequencies or something like that.

I have had nothing but praise for MM since day 1 and continue to be very happy with the service, I think by February when I am due for renewal the price differential will have closed somewhat.

Thanks Erol for your candid and informative post may you be hence forth gifted with eloquence and persuasiveness. *Barney Castle reference*
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Terry2366 - I am that person that you deal with - thanks for the recommendation !

Many, like Terry don't need, or drive a Ferrari. Some may say in fact, that a Ferrari in NC is an absolute waste of money because the roads are not fit to make full use of it ! Getting from A to B at a reasonable cost will do for most people.

Call it a "Lesser Service" - many people may call it value for money, but I can understand why an attempt at drawing a distinction has to be made (there's a big price difference to justify)

I do not have the 'inside' knowledge on NTV, so anything I say must be taken with a pinch of salt, but mentioning it as a reason why some may feel that paying for a year's service up front is too much of a risk is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:I do not have the 'inside' knowledge on NTV, so anything I say must be taken with a pinch of salt,....
Too much salt required all round is my experience of interacting, for too long now, with you Paul,

If that is a bit obtuse for you.

enough salt to cover all the things that you do not have '(inside) knowledge on', but will post about, we are talking truck loads. Too much salt.

Oh and I am very chilled right now just in case you were wondering and perhaps perceive the need to speculate in further posts as to my current 'mental state' as I write this reply. To try and paint a picture I have a kind of resigned, sort of sad, frown on my face and am kind of sighing.

What is the smiley for that I wonder ?

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hector »

As a mere ‘customer’ I understand the need for price rises where justified. I’m willing to pay the increase, my only requirement is that I actually get the internet service I’ve paid for, not excuses why the internet service is slow, poor in speed or not working i.e it’s a Turkey, TTnet, too many people using it, time of day etc. Is that too much to ask?

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Hector, maybe the price hike will enable them to improve their service - let's hope so !

Sorry that you 'seem' to be sad about the demise of NTV, although I don't know why you should be ?

Talking about Salt - there's even a little left to rub into the wound

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

On the whole the internet service in North Cyprus is good.

I check upload and download speeds every so often and compared to many areas in the U.K. they are as good if not better.

What the customer has to understand and I admit it is difficult, no internet speed can be guaranteed. The service provider whoever it may be just cannot guarantee it. They can advise on what speeds you could “expect” to get and often quote a maximum. There are to many factors at play here, distance from supply, contention, buffering, infrastructure, number of people on line, weather, electric etc etc

What should be expected is a clear explanation of what is on offer. The customer should ask all the questions and select the service that comes closest to meeting their individual need. With the caveat that nothing can be 100% guaranteed.

Hard to accept but that’s the reality.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hector »

Why can’t I expect an excellent and reliable internet speed? I don’t remember my service provider telling me that I shouldn’t when I signed up nor that a number of excuses will be trotted out when the service falls below usable levels on a daily basis, usually but not confined to evenings. Why is the customer criticised (that’s how I perceive it) for just wanting a reliable internet service when I want to use it? What’s happening with the deal signed to increase the internet speed from Turkey, will that solve the problems?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

Hector wrote:Why can’t I expect an excellent and reliable internet speed? I don’t remember my service provider telling me that I shouldn’t when I signed up nor that a number of excuses will be trotted out when the service falls below usable levels on a daily basis, usually but not confined to evenings. Why is the customer criticised (that’s how I perceive it) for just wanting a reliable internet service when I want to use it? What’s happening with the deal signed to increase the internet speed from Turkey, will that solve the problems?

Hector, vote with your feet and find another provider who will meet your needs and guarantee 100% to do so. It is obvious from your posts your current provider is not giving you a satisfactory service, so change to another is the best advice I can offer. The technobods on here have all attempted to provide the reasoning behind the poor service we sometimes experience.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Jonnie »

Internet speed provided by a supplier are just that, what the provider supplies. Therefore if they say up to 2Mbps that is what you should get on the network they provide up to that speed. If you are getting a fraction of that speed all the time maybe you have an issue and a genuine complaint. Right now my speeds are excellent, this evening they will not be so good but most of the time I am able to watch streaming tv. But there is the crux. The service you are paying for is intenet speeds provided by your supplier, that supplier is not able to control or have any responsibility for a signal coming half way around the world any more than the KKTC post office has any control over a parcel coming from the UK until it gets here and that is a different story. We all complain about the post service here and rightly so it is the pits however MM, whilst not perfect, have outshone Extend, the British run company I cannot remember the name of, and indeed if you want an international comparison they are far superior in all levels of service I have experienced with BT.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Groucho »

Well with MM we get 50mbps for most of the day until peak time at 4pm when the necessary limits are applied... 4 meg you can shove!

Ferguson
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Ferguson »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:Bearing in mind the subject matter of this thread, many people 'may' consider your comments to be a little harsh and defensive, especially those people who may think that offering a price comparison is very helpful in these circumstances.

Further, bearing in mind the current financial climate and the problems that this may cause for any/all businesses/companies, many people may also consider that the quoted example (NTV failure) is wholly appropriate and that further, any advice that draws the customer's attention to the risks involved in making advance payments is also, wholly appropriate.

Those people who feel that they shouldn't be paying for Internet Bandwidth that they do not use, may be pleased to learn that there are alternatives that cost less, and those who would like to take advantage of monthly, or quarterly payment plans, may also consider these options expose them to less risk (leave the money in the bank and get the interest and use it to cover the slightly higher cost of a monthly payment plan).

So, So True... Someone that talks sense for a change.....

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hector »

Yet again, only excuses. 'not fault of your ISP', 'accept what you are given' etc. Still no answer as to when we can expect a faster internet as a result of the deal signed with Turkey.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Hector wrote:Yet again, only excuses. 'not fault of your ISP', 'accept what you are given' etc. Still no answer as to when we can expect a faster internet as a result of the deal signed with Turkey.
Hector,

If you are not happy, move your service to another supplier. I am not convinced that you will be immediately satisfied but as a customer that is your perogative.

As someone who has worked in the telecoms industry unfortunately the more technical explanations given are an attempt to give you some detail as to why no ISP can guarantee the speed you will receive. My post was an attempt to take the detailed tech stuff out and simplify things as best I could.

Like you I have had poor experiences with some internet service providers......all in the U.K. I hasten to add. Some of the excuses given were frankly just ridiculous. In the U.K. if you do an online check of service providers they give you an indication of the speed you can expect........but no guarantees.

If you do a search on this forum you will find a lot of explanations re the service from Turkey, I don’t think there is much more that can be said without repeating everything.

Good luck with your search for the perfect internet service.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by mickhm »

When someone qoutes a speed of up to it includes all the numbers from 0 to the specified number
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Jonnie »

With some it is "don't confuse me with the facts my mind is made up"

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hector »

All I am asking for, as a mere consumer and customer, is a decent internet service that is reasonably fast and reliable. I don't need to know the technical details or hear yet again all the excuses as to why I can't get what I've paid for.

I would like to hear 'Yes we appreciate that our internet speeds are unreliable in North Cyprus and are not good enough for our valued customers. This is what we as a company are doing to rectify that..' etc

I still haven't had a response as to when 'we' will benefit from the deal signed with Turkey to increase the internet.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

Hector wrote:All I am asking for, as a mere consumer and customer, is a decent internet service that is reasonably fast and reliable. I don't need to know the technical details or hear yet again all the excuses as to why I can't get what I've paid for.

I would like to hear 'Yes we appreciate that our internet speeds are unreliable in North Cyprus and are not good enough for our valued customers. This is what we as a company are doing to rectify that..' etc

I still haven't had a response as to when 'we' will benefit from the deal signed with Turkey to increase the internet.
Hector, stop bleating about your personal frustrations and circumstances and change your provider, as others have advised you to do. I, personally, am surprised your provider is even discussing this on an open forum. PM the company. You are not the only user of an IPS in N Cyprus, but you are, by far, the most disenchanted poster on this forum.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by kerry 6138 »

Seems a bit harsh Hectors has frustrated with the internet has you are with Esentepe water.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

kerry 6138 wrote:Seems a bit harsh Hectors has frustrated with the internet has you are with Esentepe water.
Indeed, but Hector has an option to change provider, the Esentepe Mayor has denied me, and numerous others, of that legal right. Ergo, your comparison of our circumstances is like comparing apples with cars - the scope is so different as to be meaningless. However, you have your point of view.
Last edited by tomsteel on Thu 20 Sep 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiplet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by kiplet »

I’ve been with Multimax for years now...
Never had many problems...when I have had a .problem fixed straight away...

However I would like to know and compare prices with others... sevice etc ?

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Jonnie »

Hector out of curiosity what is you think you have paid for and where do you think you are not getting that?

As for what are they doing about it; I seem to remember being asked to write as a customer in support of my supplier (MM) to TTNet when we had difficulties because at that time there were issues with TTnet and MM were getting no where. Was anyone from any other supplier asked to do the same? With out TTnet input that will never be cured. As for when the additional supply will kick in, yes it would be good to know but the fact remains we have been promised it which is also a step forward. What infrastructure is required is beyond me but if they have to put another "pipe" in we may well have a wait!

I think it needs to be remembered where we are, a small nation state unrecognised by the world who have jumped from and ancient landline system to mobile phones with no infrastructure updated in between. I remember about 25 years ago massive infrastructure upgrades being put in place in the UK which allows the use of fibre optics. That did not happen here so we are at the mercy of point to point signals so it's not perfect but neither is the UK with its massive investment, infact I think it is more reliable here than UK.

When MM started they brought massive competition to the market with hugely greater speeds and better customer service. To my mind they have led the way and the service provided by others though still second class would not be as good as it is without the shake up MM gave to the market.

Hector wrote:All I am asking for, as a mere consumer and customer, is a decent internet service that is reasonably fast and reliable. I don't need to know the technical details or hear yet again all the excuses as to why I can't get what I've paid for.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by kerry 6138 »

tomsteel wrote:
kerry 6138 wrote:Seems a bit harsh Hectors has frustrated with the internet has you are with Esentepe water.
Indeed, but Hector has an option to change provider, the Esentepe Mayor has denied me, and numerous others, of that legal right. Ergo, your comparison of our circumstances is like comparing apples with cars - the scope is so different as to be meaningless. However, you have your point of view.
It could be said you have the option to change water provider , but I was referring to Hector using the forum to air his frustration has you yourself do, so red apples and green apples would be my analogy.
At least in Hectors case the focus of his/her frustration monitors and uses the forum, not sure The Esentepe Mayor has had any meaningful discussions on here.
So yes I still think you in particular were harsh to accuse Hector of Bleating ( your word not mine) on his third posting in this thread despite making far more postings about water in threads in the General / Property / Estate agent sections

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

kerry 6138 wrote:
tomsteel wrote:
It could be said you have the option to change water provider , but I was referring to Hector using the forum to air his frustration has you yourself do, so red apples and green apples would be my analogy.
At least in Hectors case the focus of his/her frustration monitors and uses the forum, not sure The Esentepe Mayor has had any meaningful discussions on here.
So yes I still think you in particular were harsh to accuse Hector of Bleating ( your word not mine) on his third posting in this thread despite making far more postings about water in threads in the General / Property / Estate agent sections
If you had researched the Esentepe water situation you would have discovered the fact that the Mayor has refused to permit any other water provider than his source. Ergo, I do NOT have the option to get another water provider. From my personal experience of the man, he has no interest in expatriates or those outside of his cliche and certainly would not post here. Several, far more technically qualified posters on internet provision than I am, have attempted to explain to Hector the many variables relating to internet. Others have advised a change of provider. If he/she will not or cannot accept their explanations and recommendation, then I consider the repeated frustrating posts as 'bleating.'

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by kerry 6138 »

you could sell up and move to a area outwith the control of the mayor ergo you would have another provder..
your posts on this thread alone outnumber Hectors and include pointing out someones typing error sarcasticly.
6800 members why only a handfull of posters?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Please can we keep on topic which is Multimax charges.

Thank you.

TheSaints
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by TheSaints »

I am on the Platinum package in Feb 2018 when I renewed it was 1499tl plus KDV in less than six months the price has gone up to 2475tl plus KDV for the same package that is one hell of an increase in a few months 976tl plus KDV.

tingtang
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tingtang »

Hector wrote :
That was written on the 21st September and still no responses from any of our ISP's
I posed the same question on a different thread a week or so prior to that with a similar outcome.

There is an answer that all of the ISP's have failed to give, which is that 'They just don't know' - which is not very encouraging for we users needing to fork out increasing amounts of money.

tt.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by kbasat »

TheSaints wrote:I am on the Platinum package in Feb 2018 when I renewed it was 1499tl plus KDV in less than six months the price has gone up to 2475tl plus KDV for the same package that is one hell of an increase in a few months 976tl plus KDV.
all the prices you mentioned are inclusive of KDV, not plus KDV.

We do accept that hanging on to TL prices for so long and not adjusting our prices more often is partly our fault. What we usually have been doing is wait until storm is over, then assess the situation and adjust our prices accordingly as we have been doing over the course of several years. This time around though, the situation has not settled for so long, and we kept waiting and waiting for the right moment and it never arrived. Eventually we decided to make a more flexible system where we will float our prices according to our costs (which most relies on foreign currencies) and adjust prices a lot more frequently. Hope this explanation makes sense
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by kbasat »

tingtang wrote:Hector wrote :
That was written on the 21st September and still no responses from any of our ISP's
I posed the same question on a different thread a week or so prior to that with a similar outcome.

There is an answer that all of the ISP's have failed to give, which is that 'They just don't know' - which is not very encouraging for we users needing to fork out increasing amounts of money.

tt.
Short answer: The deal signed with Turkey gave little to no benefit to ISPs to have any sensible effect on any prices.

Long answer:

MM used to pay 61,000TL per month on Internet, starting September, we are now paying 49,000TL per month. However we were allowed to pay 2 months behind and with new legislation that has been reduces to 1 month, so Telekom immediately asked us to make 1 extra payment of 61,000TL, so in september we paid 110,000TL instead of 61,000. Now it will take approx 5 months to recover from this and we will start seeing some benefit of paying less to the Telekom.

Now, the Internet cost is approx 10-15% of our monthly operational costs. In ideal world, this would equate to ONLY 2-3% benefit to the customers.

Considering 60% increase of foreign currencies over the course of 1 year, which directly and indirectly affects all our costs except for Telekom, I think you can do the math...

Sorry to disappoint you, but dont believe everything you read on the Internet or on the newspapers...
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

TheSaints
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by TheSaints »

Which ever way you look at it 976tl price increase in less than 6 months is a lot.

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by AFC »

The price rise which ever way one looks at it is astronomical and unjustifiable. Purchasing equipment in Euros is neither here nor there as an excuse. Staff costs, and more importantly costs of hiring technical, qualified staff are substantially are still in TL, yet MM charge more then most services.

Primetel, who also purchase their equipment in Euros and have substantially higher costs then MM offer better internet, for far less. For those not aware Primetel are based in the south, pay staff in euro's, not TL, have shops on most high streets (added costs in Euros) yet are able to offer Fiber Internet Technology, with speeds of up to 100 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload, for far far less.

From only €19.90/month and:
FREE Installation
No activation/ registration fees
No guarantee required
No contract commitment
The first monthly fee for FREE ( Valid for 12 months contract)

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

Hi AFC!

I take it that you will be switching your ISP to Primetel then!

Good luck with that...

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by AFC »

simply pointing out tht primetel purchase all their equipment in euro yet prices are lower....so buying equipment in euros is not an excuse...

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”