Multimax charges

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Multimax charges

Post by erol »

AFC wrote:Primetel, who also purchase their equipment in Euros and have substantially higher costs then MM offer better internet, for far less. For those not aware Primetel are based in the south, pay staff in euro's, not TL, have shops on most high streets (added costs in Euros) yet are able to offer Fiber Internet Technology, with speeds of up to 100 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload, for far far less.

From only €19.90/month and:
FREE Installation
No activation/ registration fees
No guarantee required
No contract commitment
The first monthly fee for FREE ( Valid for 12 months contract)
Well according to their website, they offer 5mbs and telephony for 19.90 euro per month (around 140TL today around 150tl last week or so) as a special offer price - normal price 27 euro per month (approx 190TL). 50Mbs is 44.90 euro / 315 TL. Scroll down a bit and to get upload of 2mbs or more there is additional cost. One off additional payment of 44.90 as well. So lets say you go for the top package with highest upload over a year that would be 44.90*12 + 12*12+44.90 = 727.70 euro for the year or 5093.90 TL per year.

http://primetel.com.cy/en/packages/enhalfprice/

Nor is this a fibre (to the home) connection. It is a DSL based connection - ie it needs a phone line. Telecoms in the south is privatised and regulated according to national and EU laws. In the north the state owned telecoms provider is still state owned and access to their network to competitors is not protected by national or supra national regulation. Oh and we buy equipment in euros AND pay import duties on such equipment as well. To be honest the comparison is in my view flawed in so many ways but the idea that you can get 100mbs / 25mbs fibre connection in the south for 19Euro per month would appear to be little more than myth, if primetel's website is anything to go by.
AFC wrote:The price rise which ever way one looks at it is astronomical and unjustifiable.
The simple facts are the price we charge today in euro terms is LESS than we were charging in 2016/2015. That is just a plain fact.
TheSaints wrote:Which ever way you look at it 976tl price increase in less than 6 months is a lot.
I do not understand this 'in less than 6 months' to be honest. If you have renewed the day before the price increase would it have been us raising our prices 976TL in a day ?

You first took service from us in jan 2015. You paid 1100TL for a year (platinum) and the tl/euro rate then was 2,70 tl to euro making the euro price then of the service around 405 euro for the year. You last renewed with us feb 2018 and price was 1499 and euro rate was 4.66 making euro price 321 euro. Today the price is 2475tl and rate is around 7.0 making 351 euro. I do not know what the TL price for platinum service will in feb 2019 when you next need to renew with us but I can tell you the euro equivalent price will still be less than the 400+ euro you paid beck in 2015.

In euro terms, even at current TL prices, you would pay today around 14% less euros for our platinum service for a year than you paid originally back in 2015.

Astronomical. Unjustifiable.

TheSaints
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by TheSaints »

Erol you keep quoting Euro equivalents to make it sound better, it really does not work.

The upshot is in Feb 2018 when I renewed my internet package it was 1,499tl today although it changed earlier than today the same package price is 2,475tl today Sept 2018 as stated a price increase of 976tl is a large increase in such a short period. It will be interesting to see what the package price will be when it is time for me to renew it.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

TheSaints wrote:Erol you keep quoting Euro equivalents to make it sound better, it really does not work.
For me numbers are numbers and if the maths is right they do not lie.
TheSaints wrote:The upshot is in Feb 2018 when I renewed my internet package it was 1,499tl today although it changed earlier than today the same package price is 2,475tl today Sept 2018 as stated a price increase of 976tl is a large increase in such a short period. It will be interesting to see what the package price will be when it is time for me to renew it.
I do not know what the TL price will be for platinum service when it comes time for you to renew. I can say with confidence what the euro equivalent price will be when you renewal comes due. It will be less than the euro equivalent price you paid in 2015 and will be around 350 euro. I can say this with confidence even if the TL/Euro rate was to move back to 3 TL to the euro by that time. That it is impossible for me to say what the TL price will be in the future but easy to say what the euro equivalent price will be, to me suggests there is more to the 'euro equivalent' price in actual reality than just 'making it sound better'. The simple truth imo is the nature of the service we provide, how we provide it and our cost base means that the price we have to charge is intimately tied to the exchange rate of the TL vs the Euro. I wish that was not the case but it is I am afraid.

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Post by SatelliteCyprus »

As a further comparison, our prices :-

30th September 2017 (4.78 TL to the £ Sterling) - 4 Mbps Internet Connection = 949 TL for 1 year = £198.54 (Sterling Equivalent)

30th September 2018 (7.91 TL to the £ Sterling) - 4 Mbps Internet Connection = 999 TL for 1 year = £126.30 (Sterling Equivalent)

A 5.27% price increase over the last year

A 4 Mbps Internet Connection with us costs £72.24 less than it did one year ago (36.38% less) - £ Sterling Equivalent

As Erol says :- "For me numbers are numbers and if the maths is right they do not lie."

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it as an advertising medium to local businesses.
Would you also recommend local businesses use kibkom as an advertising medium without ever actually paying to advertise on the forum and whilst contributing next to nothing to the community other than their adverts, as you have done over the last 5+ years now ?

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/s ... &start=150

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

169 posts in 76 months since joining, that's 2.2 posts a month - "hardly contributing" (correct) AND hardly advertising either (as you put it)

I think that the information is relevant under the circumstances and that's 'all' that matters (really)

The best form of defence - attack !

AND of course I would always recommend Kibkom as an advertising medium - I can understand why you might not !

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:169 posts in 76 months since joining, that's 2.2 posts a month - "hardly contributing" (correct) AND hardly advertising either (as you put it)
2.2 a month 2 of which are adverts or blatant adverts for your companies services. About the only exception is adverts for 'events' you are performing at. What is more you consistently fail to respond to threads that have the ISP you are an agent for in the starting title and are reporting problems or issues or dissatisfaction (like these to give a few examples http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 4&p=185424 , http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 8&p=180100 , http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 19&p=96446) whilst happily jumping in to threads that are about Multimax and other people you consider 'competitors' (like this one for example http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 45#p195545). People start threads about issues with Extend - silence from you. If they start ones aboput issues with MM - there you are like the proverbial bad penny. Your entire consistent approach to your persistent free advertising on this forum over years and years now is imo cynical, disingenuous, insincere and more often than not mendacious. It is also tiresome and boring as far as I am personally concerned. Nor do I need to suggest that some or many people may think likewise. Your record of participation on this forum and in this community is there in black and white for anyone to see. You only have to compare what you said in one of your earliest post with the reality of your posting history to see how insincere and mendacious your advertising here is.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:We don't advertise or push our services on this or any other board and apart from a small advertisement in the classified section of the Cyprus Today, we do not advertise yet, we have managed to flourish for so long - how come ? Simple, word of mouth
Insincere and mendacious ? I know what my opinion is.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:I think that the information is relevant under the circumstances and that's 'all' that matters (really)
Insincere is your trade mark as far as I am concerned. Your post is a blatant free advertisement for the service you resell, posted in a thread that was about the Mutlimax price increase - a common theme of your posting behaviour over years. If you wanted to inform people of Extends price increase you could have started a thread about such yourself.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:AND of course I would always recommend Kibkom as an advertising medium - I can understand why you might not !
Always ? How about this then (addressed to Soner)
SatelliteCyprus wrote:Is this a real forum or, is it just a place for post that serve your own/your mate's interests ?
If and when I recommend Kibkom as a good advertising medium it is done with sincerity. I personally do not think your recent views on how great kibkom is are in the least bit sincere. I think they were self serving post, like all your post over years now. Will you ever pay to advertise on Kibkom or just keep leeching ?

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

I haven't got the time to check, but my 'feeling' is that it is likely that a good number of my posts over the years (like this one) have probably been responses to 'your' personal attacks against me. Nevertheless, I am not deterred from bringing an alternative view to that of the gospel according to Erol/Multimax to the readers of this forum. I know that we are competitors, but please try to keep your emotions under control. The venom in them almost leaks out of the screen.

I can understand why you are upset by this thread but these are your customers complaining. Your outbursts achieve nothing except to encourage even more of your customers to look for what they must deem to be a 'better' value alternative.

My posts are 'so' few (2.2 per month) - would it not be better for you and your reputation to just ignore them instead of letting them wind you up into a frenzy. I know that you must be angry about the subject of this thread, but please don't take it out on me.

The allegation from some of your customers in this thread seems to be that your price rise is unjustified. We have increased our prices by just over 5% over the last 12 months and whilst this does (inevitably) add some weight to their argument, there must be some 'other' more positive way that you can answer their allegation without resorting to attacking me.

For the record, I have tried to advertise on this forum several times, but have been unable to agree terms. One stumbling block is 'your' close association with the forum and how you use it and if your previous post(s) is/are a typical example of what a potential advertiser might expect, I am not surprised that we and other ISP's do not feel the urge to pay to receive this type of abuse from a competitor - simple !

You have a track record of taking a 'very' one-sided view on 'many' topics and if this was my forum, I would wonder how many other advertisers are deterred by your presence ?

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:I haven't got the time to check, but my 'feeling' is that it is likely that a good number of my posts over the years (like this one) have probably been responses to 'your' personal attacks against me. Nevertheless, I am not deterred from bringing an alternative view to that of the gospel according to Erol/Multimax to the readers of this forum. I know that we are competitors, but please try to keep your emotions under control. The venom in them almost leaks out of the screen.

I can understand why you are upset by this thread but these are your customers complaining. Your outbursts achieve nothing except to encourage even more of your customers to look for what they must deem to be a 'better' value alternative.

My posts are 'so' few (2.2 per month) - would it not be better for you and your reputation to just ignore them instead of letting them wind you up into a frenzy. I know that you must be angry about the subject of this thread, but please don't take it out on me.

The allegation from some of your customers in this thread seems to be that your price rise is unjustified. We have increased our prices by just over 5% over the last 12 months and whilst this does (inevitably) add some weight to their argument, there must be some 'other' more positive way that you can answer their allegation without resorting to attacking me.

For the record, I have tried to advertise on this forum several times, but have been unable to agree terms. One stumbling block is 'your' close association with the forum and how you use it and if your previous post(s) is/are a typical example of what a potential advertiser might expect, I am not surprised that we and other ISP's do not feel the urge to pay to receive this type of abuse from a competitor - simple !

I don’t understand this, especially the “stumbling block” comment? If you wish to place an advert detailing your services and costs and agree the fee the advert would either appear at the top or side of the forum pages. I have not known of any member actually complaining or making a comment about a permanent advert on the forum.

You have a track record of taking a 'very' one-sided view on 'many' topics and if this was my forum, I would wonder how many other advertisers are deterred by your presence ?
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

PoshinDevon...receiving the type of abuse handed out by our business competitor (Erol) is bad enough as it is, would anyone want to add insult to injury by paying for the privilege ? How many other potential advertisers are put off by the fact that he may suddenly decide to home-in on them with one of his personal/business/egotistical vendettas ?

He has a track record going back many years (before this forum existed) of attacking/maliciously speculating about our business and others (in conjunction with several other 'characters'). It all stems from the fact that I once pointed out an error that he made in some DOS commands that he posted on Cyprus44 - it hurt his ego. I have never forgotten this and neither has he (probably).

He has managed to divert this thread away from the fact that his customers seem to be complaining about what they deem to be an excessive hike in their service prices and turn it into an attack on me (purely, it seems) because I posted some supplemental information which (unfortunately for Erol) seemed to back up his customer's argument - after he had 'tried' so hard to justify the price increase.

Kibkom readers should be able to hear an alternative view from a competitor without having to suffer the diatribe that Erol repeatedly directs at me.

He should concentrate his efforts on selling a quality service because customers who 'knowingly' pay a Premium price (rightly) expect and deserve a Premium service. If they start to believe that they are only getting a very 'similar' service to that of other competitors who charge considerably less, they are very likely, like those who have already contacted us and made arrangements to change supplier, to switch.

He must feel 'very' threatened by us/the service that we offer at the price that we charge, but my advice to Erol is to stop wasting his time 'helping' to highlight this and to spend more time reassuring his customers that their service is 'still' value for money.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:PoshinDevon...receiving the type of abuse handed out by our business competitor (Erol) is bad enough as it is, would anyone want to add insult to injury by paying for the privilege ? How many other potential advertisers are put off by the fact that he may suddenly decide to home-in on them with one of his personal/business/egotistical vendettas ?
Examples of how a decent person responds on a forum like this to post concerning 'competitors' in a non self serving manner

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 1&p=125136

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 4485#p4485

SatelliteCyprus wrote:He has a track record going back many years (before this forum existed) of attacking/maliciously speculating about our business and others (in conjunction with several other 'characters').
Example from years back of a company 'maliciously speculating' on a public forum about a new competitor of theirs. (2008 on cyprus44 from the first thread mentioning the then new company Multimax, and their then unprecedented 10mbs service posted by 'washerman' aka 'SatelliteCyprus')
washerman wrote:In my honest opinion and based upon the experience that I have gained working with internet in Northern Cyprus for the last seven years - the wireless infrastructure in Northern Cyprus cannot support multiple users at these speeds.

Whilst the network is under-subscribed, the first few users will get good results, but as more join the network, my prediction is that speeds will rapidly decline.

I doubt that these speeds are available (consistently) throughout the majority of the UK or, in fact, many other (developed) countries never mind the TRNC.

There are serious doubt in my mind as to whether what they promise can be delivered...............
http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/66209.asp

My belief is that the vast majority of people are not stupid. It is my belief that truth, honesty and integrity will more often than not win out over time against bullshit duplicity and dishonesty.

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

I am not sure that your customers will be impressed by your conduct on this forum. Resorting to personal insults proves that you have lost the argument. Don't waste your time, with me, It's like water off a Duck's Back, but I can understand why, with your attitude, your customers are reluctant to challenge you and hold you to account on this forum. I would be concerned (if I was you) that they may just be quietly slipping away one by one.

Undignified name calling is not something that I will get involved in on a public forum. I much prefer to get my point(s) across with reasoned argument.

Maybe like me, many of Kibkom's readers and your customers, are wondering how a competitor facing many of the same challenges and with many of the same costs and expenses, are able to restrict their price increase to a little over 5% in the last 12 months - considerably less than the price rise that you seem to be inflicting on your customers. This is what seems to be foremost in the minds of the customers who I have spoken to in the last few days. Perhaps you can use your next post to address this, instead of being personally insulting to me - if you appreciate the business that you get from your customers ?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:I am not sure that your customers will be impressed by your conduct on this forum.
Your conduct on this forum is 'impressive' is it ? People are not stupid. They can see how you have and continue to behave on forums and how I have behaved over years and years. Examples of the difference of our respective behaviours are there for all to see above.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:Undignified name calling is not something that I will get involved in on a public forum. I much prefer to get my point(s) across with reasoned argument.
Highlighting your behaviour over years and years in the face of yet another hijacking of a thread that was not about you or extend is not name calling. It is just pointing out the entirely self serving and imo contemptuous manner in which you have always treated forums like this and those people that use them.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:Maybe like me, many of Kibkom's readers and your customers, are wondering how a competitor facing many of the same challenges and with many of the same costs and expenses, are able to restrict their price increase to a little over 5% in the last 12 months - considerably less than the price rise that you seem to be inflicting on your customers. This is what seems to be foremost in the minds of the customers who I have spoken to in the last few days. Perhaps you can use your next post to address this, instead of being personally insulting to me - if you appreciate the business that you get from your customers ?
By broadly maintaining it's euro equivalent prices Multimax is committing to continue to offer the same industry leading levels of service support and ongoing investment in to it's network that allowed it to go from zero to a major ISP despite being 'later to market' than other ISP and continue to push the entire market to ever higher levels of service and support.

As to how Extend will deal with getting severely less euro equivalent income from customers for it's lesser service going forward, I do not know. Maybe they are immune from rising costs of electricity, fuel, vehicles, equipment, salaries rents and pretty much everything else that result in the fall in the value of the TL but this seem unlikely to me. Maybe the answer as to how they will deal with more customers generating significantly less euro equivalent income per customer is indicated by one of your earlier posts about what ISP's 'do'
SatelliteCyprus wrote:what happens, is that the ISP continues to connect customers to the same piece of equipment until (at busy times) it is flooded with data and all the customers who are connected, are receiving less and experiencing problems.....
Maybe they will in time also increase their prices in the face of a massively devalued TL? Maybe they will go bust ? I do not know.

What I do know is that people are not stupid. I think they can understand that if the price of a service drops from £200 per year to £125 in the space of a few months , against a backdrop of no similar scale in the reduction in costs of providing that service, then either the service is likely to significantly degrade over time or the company was previously working on 'obscene' profit margins.

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by kbasat »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:As a further comparison, our prices :-

30th September 2017 (4.78 TL to the £ Sterling) - 4 Mbps Internet Connection = 949 TL for 1 year = £198.54 (Sterling Equivalent)

30th September 2018 (7.91 TL to the £ Sterling) - 4 Mbps Internet Connection = 999 TL for 1 year = £126.30 (Sterling Equivalent)

A 5.27% price increase over the last year

A 4 Mbps Internet Connection with us costs £72.24 less than it did one year ago (36.38% less) - £ Sterling Equivalent

As Erol says :- "For me numbers are numbers and if the maths is right they do not lie."
This post is not about your prices, its about Multimax charges. If you want to talk about your service and your prices start your own topic, dont worry, it wont cost you anything...
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by kbasat »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:Maybe like me, many of Kibkom's readers and your customers, are wondering how a competitor facing many of the same challenges and with many of the same costs and expenses, are able to restrict their price increase to a little over 5% in the last 12 months - considerably less than the price rise that you seem to be inflicting on your customers.
1. Maybe they are a few days away from adjusting their prices. I remember a few years ago when MM adjusted their prices and you were running around like a crazy chicken claiming Extend does not have any such plans, while I was personally sitting on the same table with company directors talking details and knew exactly what was going to happen and you were like so sure of yourself like you had any idea whats going on with Extend's top management. When Extend finally adjusted prices as we already knew they would, all we heard from you was... nothing.

2. You talk like you have any say over Extend's pricing structure, or have any idea what they are planning, or have any say over the prices... You are what you are, a reseller. Can you guarantee no price increase until end of december? you wont answer this question so let me do it for you, no you cannot because you are not in charge...

3. If X company adjusted prices today and Y company is planning to do it tomorrow. reseller of Y company had the WHOLE 24 hours how X company increased prices and Y company stayed the same... gud for him to have little fun for himself for no apparent benefit to anyone, especially his own company.

4. There are many ways to adjust to increasing costs. One is to increase income to keep service levels as they are used to, other is to cut down on costs, like laying off employees, not giving salary increases, reducing service levels, sacrificing from quality overall, AND even reducing AGENT commissions (and yes, this last bit was discussed and it was generally accepted to reduce agent commissions to max 10% by end of the year, dont say I didnt warn you )

5. MM is not a competitor to Extend. There is nothing similar between services other than they are both called Internet. Similar in comparison between Ford and Mercedes, no need to mention which one is which

Start your own topics, try to market and sell your services, but please stop being an asshole, its not good karma...

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Notwithstanding that I deny that I have done anything wrong in posting a price comparison in this thread which enables your customers
(who 'seem' to be intimating that your price rise(s) is/are excessive) to compare the difference between comparable price rises between direct competitors. Especially since you had already quoted the prices of another company/ISP earlier in this thread. In the circumstances, posting our prices was/is wholly appropriate. In any event, pointing at (what you consider to be and I emphatically deny) inappropriate comments and using this as justification for a personal attack (name calling) borders on being childish. Like you, I think that Kibkom readers are intelligent enough to see straight through your subterfuge.

Erol, over the years, you have used this and other forums (before it) to maliciously speculate (repeatedly) about our business, your track record precedes you. I remember when (7-8 years ago) you used to repeatedly churn out diatribe about one of our products - warning customers that the service 'may' cease at any time, without notice and using this to deter potential customers - guess what ? (7-8 years later) we still offer the very same service. Maliciously speculating about eXtend Broadband going bust is absolutely within your MO and doesn't surprise me, or anyone else (likely).

An example of a service ceasing without notice and leaving many of its customers high and dry without access and out of pocket to the value of the advance payments that they had been asked to make is NTV. Many Kibkom members used and recommended NTV's service to other forum Members. Why were you not warning forum Members about the possibility of this happening when they were thinking about signing up, spending money on equipment and paying advance payments. It seems to me that in your campaign to be North Cyprus' Consumer Guru that you failed your 'supporters' on this occasion. You must have been concentrating your efforts in other places, for other reasons. Maybe you can silence the whispering voices that seem to be claiming that you had an ulterior motive in not giving a warning about NTV - perhaps you would like to comment ? Perhaps, as North Cyprus' Consumer Guru, you might also like to take this opportunity to explain to the out of pocket customers what exactly they are able to do about the substantial losses that they may have incurred over the NTV fiasco ?

Kemal Basat, frankly I find some of your comments/explanations plain 'silly' and unbecoming of a person in your position, but sadly, quite typical of the way that you 'seem' to deal with situations like this. It is your customers who 'seem' to be inferring that they consider that your price rise is excessive. Erol, your associate (presumably), was first to introduce comparable figures from another service which, in my opinion, left the door open for me to do the same. If this thread, or my replies are causing you the discomfort that you seem to be displaying/suffering, there is only one person to blame - don't take it out on me.

I have only posted information that relates to price rises over the past 12 months, I have not made any predictions about future prices. I am afraid therefore, that your assertion(s) about 'future' prices are not relevant. Of course, in the past, I did not take any credit for the fact that our prices have fallen consistently over many years and I feel fully justified therefore, in not taking any of the blame for a 5% price increase in the last 12 months. It is true to say, apart from the small commission that we receive which I do waive every now and then, for certain customers in certain situations, that I do not have any control over 'any' ISP's prices. Are you really surprised by that and 'so' what ? - Your point is ? It is interesting however, that the reason that you 'seem' to be putting forward to justify your price increase - is mainly because of price rises outside of your control - ironic ! Who has more control 'me', 'you', or neither of us ?

You seem to like your imaginary X/Y scenarios - I can think of another. Let's say that company X supplies several different types of service, but relies heavily on the income that it receives from 'one' of those services. Suddenly, the income (upon which it heavily relies) from that service ends - what does it do ? Simple, it increases the price of another of the services that it offers.

If two companies operate in the same business, offering the same services in the same marketplace, I've got news for you, they are competitors. AND finally, here's some more news for you - if we were to almost double our prices, we may be able to offer what may be an even better service than the one that you offer. Problem is, not everyone wants, or needs to drive a Ferrari, but you can bet that the MD of any company who suddenly increases their prices without offering anything extra for that price rise, will probably have the money to be able to think about ordering one !

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:Notwithstanding ........

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:Erol, over the years, you have used this and other forums (before it) to maliciously speculate (repeatedly) about our business, your track record precedes you.
My track record is there for all too see (as is yours). Simply do a search of the 1761 posts I have made over the 6 years I have been posting here where the word 'extend' appears in my post. If as you claim I have used this forum to repeatedly maliciously speculate over years about extend internet, then there should be plenty of evidence to support your claim. Here I will even do it for you.

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/s ... mit=Search

Shall we now look at your historic post where you 'suggest' customers should get extend internet from you as a reseller rather than from extend directly because if they go direct to extend they will not get a "sympathetic ear who understand their problem(s) and who will do something about it " ?

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Changed your mind and posted after all, but shame you decided to reply to something that 'you've' made up - nothing to do with what I have posted.

Anything to say about the other 'valid' questions that I raised, or do you not want to go there ?

BTW, I see that you have reduced your prices this morning - well done !

Your customers won't have been expecting that, especially as the Euro/TL has not shifted by the amount that you previously said would trigger a decrease/increase, or were you just feeling charitable today, or was it something else that brought it on - whatever, it doesn't matter really.

As long as there is a mechanism to keep price rises under control - well done (again) Kibkom for providing this facility

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:Changed your mind and posted after all, but shame you decided to reply to something that 'you've' made up - nothing to do with what I have posted.
Yes I did decide to respond to your entirely off topic but all to common outrageous personal assault on my personal integrity. You accused me of " have used this [forum] to maliciously speculate (repeatedly) about our business". Where is the evidence ? Where ?

The point is you accuse me of 'repeatedly maliciously speculating about extend internet, yet there is no actual evidence for this. Yet there is evidence of you not only repeatedly maliciously speculating about MM there is in fact evidence of you 'bad mouthing' the very company that you are a re-seller for, that is far worse than anything I have said about them. You say I have made this up. Here is the quote and the link, so full context can be seen, to where you did this.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:Customers who arrange their Internet connection through us do not pay any extra, but they do get an extra level of customer support - someone with a sympathetic ear who understand their problem(s) and who will do something about it.
http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 1&p=196074

If that is not you 'saying' that customers who get extend internet direct from extend will not get a "sympathetic ear" that will "will do something about" their problems, and thus they should get it from you, then I do not know what it is.

So the reality is you do have a long demonstrable history of maliciously speculating about not just competitors like MM but you have even speculated that the very company you resell service for will not treat customer with sympathy and fix their problem unless they buy from you. Yet you claim this is what I do when there is no such evidence of me repeatedly doing this to extend as you claim.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:Anything to say about the other 'valid' questions that I raised, or do you not want to go there ?
What is it with you and your use of 'air quotes' ? Are you saying that your use of 'valid' should be taken with 'a pinch of salt' ? Or perhaps you mean 'not valid' ? If I say you are an expert, then my meaning is you are an expert. If I say you are an 'expert' my meaning would be very different.

In any case whatever it is you actually mean by 'valid' questions, then no I have little interest in addressing them because they are not in my opinion even close to valid at all.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:BTW, I see that you have reduced your prices this morning - well done !
Thank you.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:Your customers won't have been expecting that, especially as the Euro/TL has not shifted by the amount that you previously said would trigger a decrease/increase, or were you just feeling charitable today, or was it something else that brought it on - whatever, it doesn't matter really.
If it does not matter then why mention it at all ? The fact is we very publicly committed to reduce our TL prices if the TL gained value against the euro and raise them if it lost. This is new territory for us and we are still working out the exact details of what the trigger points are and when and how exactly we will alter TL prices according to the TL/Euro price movements. We are honouring the pledge but the exact mechanisms we are using or will use to do that are evolving as the situation does.

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by IPMAN »

tingtang
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tingtang »

As an impartial reader of this thread it does now appear time to bring it to a close.

As For This
Customers who arrange their Internet connection through us do not pay any extra, but they do get an extra level of customer support - someone with a sympathetic ear who understand their problem(s) and who will do something about it.
SatelliteCyprus.

12months ago I was looking for an ISP and was attracted to something or other posted by SatelliteCyprus and, as I know that Extend have a presence here on the East side of the island, I sent him a PM but never obtained a response.

The way I see it is taking a few steps towards the PC Keyboard to respond to a business enquiry is a very basic and necessary level of service let alone an extra level.

tt.
Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by alphamike »

tingtang wrote:As an impartial reader of this thread it does now appear time to bring it to a close.

As For This
Customers who arrange their Internet connection through us do not pay any extra, but they do get an extra level of customer support - someone with a sympathetic ear who understand their problem(s) and who will do something about it.
SatelliteCyprus.

12months ago I was looking for an ISP and was attracted to something or other posted by SatelliteCyprus and, as I know that Extend have a presence here on the East side of the island, I sent him a PM but never obtained a response.

The way I see it is taking a few steps towards the PC Keyboard to respond to a business enquiry is a very basic and necessary level of service let alone an extra level.

tt.
I totally agree with what you are saying, particularly in regard to customer service. I've been with a few different providers over the years, and found once you've signed up and paid, customer service is so sadly lacking.

Multimax was like a breathe of fresh air, in keeping their customers provided with a text if there was a problem with internet, and keeping their website updated with news. Their website does need updating, as the news section is years old, and it would have been nice if the current lack of VPN situation could have been displayed on the website, rather than wait for complaints to come in. Not everyone uses this forum, so would have thought an update on the website should come first with any information.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

alphamike wrote: Their website does need updating, as the news section is years old, and it would have been nice if the current lack of VPN situation could have been displayed on the website, rather than wait for complaints to come in. Not everyone uses this forum, so would have thought an update on the website should come first with any information.
Thank you for your constructive criticism. You are right we should be using the facilities already in place, like those you mention, better. I will get on it and see what I can do (but prob not till Thursday )

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by alphamike »

erol wrote: Thank you for your constructive criticism. You are right we should be using the facilities already in place, like those you mention, better. I will get on it and see what I can do (but prob not till Thursday )
I look forward to seeing a better, and more updated website.

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hector »

So when will we see an improvement with internet speed? I’m assuming you can’t get Primetel in the North?i

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by kbasat »

Hector wrote:So when will we see an improvement with internet speed? I’m assuming you can’t get Primetel in the North?i
How long have you been using Multimax, what speed you were getting initially and what speed are you getting now?

MM continuously strives to provide better and faster connection to its customers. Started with providing 2Mbit, 5Mbit and the Cyprus' first 10Mbit connection 6 years ago. Now all the speeds are dropped and customers are able to get speeds up to 50Mbits in some locations, averaging above 20Mbits...

K.
-----

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

tingtang...there are many ways that you could have contacted us (two telephone numbers answered seven days a week, text messaging, web site, adverts, facebook etc.). We receive many enquiries through many channels, but unfortunately, we do not monitor our PM's on here. With an average of 2.2 posts per month over the last 6-7 years, we don't look at the forum that much and log into our account even less. As a result, we missed your Pm - sorry ! You should have nudged us in one of the threads in which we were participating (just like in fact, you have done in this thread), or why didn't you just call us 0533 869 4371/2 - we're not one of those businesses that 'just' uses the internet to communicate - we enjoy/prefer using the phone too as the many customers who contact us daily can attest.
I think that you probably realise that and hope that you aren't/weren't too upet and hey, don't worry, if that's the worst mistake that I make today, or the biggest criticism that we receive - I'm happy

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

alphamike...I don't think that your post refers to anything that we have done wrong, but if it does - apologies.

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Talking about the worst mistake I might make today...

You look like you have u-turned on your price increase and as a result, I think that you have probably 'just' averted a public relations disaster. I 'assume' that it was this Topic/Thread and the comments that you received from your customers that 'may' have made you change your mind.

I know of companies/businesses who suddenly bumped up the price of their product/service without offering any improvement, or anything 'extra' who have not been so lucky. They lost the trust of their customers (and future business from them).

Personally, faced with a choice of pricing structures, I would not choose the one that tied my prices to something that is 'so' totally out of my control because I would worry that potential customers would not choose to use our service because they would be concerned that the future price could suddenly change without much notice. In my experience, customers want a guaranteed price going forward and not uncertainty.

As a potential customer, I would also be very wary of being enticed, or induced to pay in advance for a year(say) to secure a fixed price. If customers should learn anything from the 'recent' NTV fiasco (the TV service that suddenly ceased leaving their customer high and dry and out of pocket), that is not something that a customer should do, especially when there are alternatives that don't involve taking such risks with hard-earned money.

With the Euro/Lira exchange rate moving in the wrong way (again), lets hope that customers are not faced with 'another' sudden price bump in the near future.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:You look like you have u-turned on your price increase...
No u turn. Just sticking to our word.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:I 'assume' that it was this Topic/Thread and the comments that you received from your customers that 'may' have made you change your mind.
Except that we had pledged to decrease prices, that we had increased as a result of the TL fall in value, should the TL regain value BEFORE this thread started. So your 'assumption' that we did so a a result of this thread is plainly nonsense.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:Personally, faced with a choice of pricing structures,...
As an agent / reseller you are not however faced with such choices because the price you charge is not under your control. For you to be faced with such choices you would have to be an ISP and not an agent of an ISP but you tried that in the past (TIC) did you not and failed to make a go of it as an ISP.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:In my experience, customers want a guaranteed price going forward and not uncertainty.
Are you or extend guaranteeing prices , in any currency denomination, going forward for any given time period ?
SatelliteCyprus wrote:As a potential customer, I would also be very wary of being enticed, or induced to pay in advance for a year(say) to secure a fixed price.
And yet extends / your pricing structure entices customers to do exactly this, by offering a lower per month price if they pay up front for 6 or 12 months and they also avoid the 'subscription fee' charges that extend charge in addition to the monthly fee for subscriptions of less than 12 months (which you always 'seem' to fail mention when you inform people here what the monthly price with extend is, I might add).

You would seem to be suggesting that if someone comes to you wanting extend internet and they say i'll pay for 12 months because it will save me money, you will advise them actually they should be very careful about paying this way, despite the cost saving to them, because extend may cease trading before their 12 months is up ? Why does this seem unlikely to me ?
SatelliteCyprus wrote:....especially when there are alternatives that don't involve taking such risks with hard-earned money.
What alternative ISP does not charge any less for a 6 month or 12 month subscription paid in advance vs a one month one ? Certainly not extend if their website is accurate.
SatelliteCyprus wrote:With the Euro/Lira exchange rate moving in the wrong way (again), lets hope that customers are not faced with 'another' sudden price bump in the near future.
We have been absolutely open and clear that the TL price of MM service will change as the value of the TL vs the Euro changes, be that up or down and we have explained why this is the case (our cost base is intimately tied to the tl/ euro rate and we are committed to not offsetting price increases against degrading service levels). Your 'concern' for Multimax's customers is notable but perhaps everyone would be better off if you let us worry about our customers and you worry about yours.

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hector »

Excuse me for interrupting this no doubt highly intelligent and interesting argument which I can't be bothered to read, by asking once again 'When will the increase in internet speeds that was agreed in a signed contract with Turkey actually happen?

As for internet speeds, my experience is that come the evening it slows to an extent that watching live TV (and my favourite Strictly Come Dancing at the weekend) is just constant buffering.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

Hector wrote:Excuse me for interrupting...
Hi Hector. I did send you a pm (private message) via the forum a while back but you appear to not have collected it yet. Anyway to try and answer the questions you are asking as best I can
Hector wrote: 'When will the increase in internet speeds that was agreed in a signed contract with Turkey actually happen?
What was announced, I am afraid, was not an agreement with Turkey to 'increase internet speeds' in the trnc. What Turk Telkom did was to halve the price it charged ISP's in the trnc for wholesale access to its network and from there out to the rest of the internet. This price reduction has already happened to the best of my knowledge. ISP's in the TRNC are paying TT less now to TT than they were a year ago.
Hector wrote:As for internet speeds, my experience is that come the evening it slows
This has always and will always be the case to some degree I am afraid, in exactly the same way that 'driving speeds' will always be different during rush hour than at other times.
Hector wrote: to an extent that watching live TV
Well if you are are a Multimax customer then at the simplest level this is just not right and I hope that you do respond to my pm so that I can investigate should you be a MM customer. It should, even at the busiest, peak usage times, and even with our lowest standard internet package, be possible to stream live TV content on a Multimax connection at very reasonable quality levels for multiple hours, provided the source of that stream is reliable and that things are set up correctly internally.
Hector wrote: (and my favourite Strictly Come Dancing at the weekend) is just constant buffering.
Just a suggestion, but you can trade 'live' for '100% no buffering' for content like this. If you were willing to watch strictly say 24 hours after it is broadcast in the UK, then if you download it, once downloaded it will play without buffering, even if you then have no internet at all, let alone slow internet.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by alphamike »

erol wrote:
Thank you for your constructive criticism. You are right we should be using the facilities already in place, like those you mention, better. I will get on it and see what I can do (but prob not till Thursday )
Thank you Erol. Happy to see the website updated regarding the VPN.

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

ISP's must be the same as Politicians (they don't like admitting that they made a U-Turn - admitting that they made a mistake.) Many times in the past, I have wondered what made them think that they would get away with some of the things that they have done, maybe they just like chancing their arm ?

Again, I have watched Politicians shuffle in their chairs and argue black is white until they are nearly blue in the face. Why can't they just admit that they dropped a clanger ? "Plainly Nonsense " - now there's one straight out of the Politician's Handbook of Handy Phrases that will get you out of a Jam.

What upsets me more is the contempt that they treat us with - they actually think that we believe what they say.

"Failed to make a go of it as an ISP" - don't quite understand this comment, but why have we still got many of the same customers going back 12+ years ? 2. We're still in the same business with the same company, even the same phone numbers. 4. Coming to live and set a business up in North Cyprus is not an easy thing to do - we succeeded. Anyway, if this is failure, I can't wait for the success to come.

Of course we guarantee our prices. Pay for a month at today's price and you get a month's internet (same with 3, 6, and 12 month's periods). Asking this question, suggests to me that you don't guarantee your prices - customers don't like uncertainty (I can feel another U-Turn coming)

The advantage of dealing through an Agent (and all ISPs rely on them) is that free agents can make independent recommendations to the customer. We recommend, to avoid getting into the position that the customers of NTV did (losing their service and their money when the service suddenly stopped without notice - a complete failure) that they make payments in advance being aware of what can happen. We can do this as an independent agent. As an ISP, you can't (presumably) and despite the NTV fiasco it seems that you may still be recommending that customers should pay for a year in advance - do you ?

I can understand why customers pay through us for their internet 12 months in advance because having dealt with us for so long, they trust us.

Equally, I can understand why NTV' customers may not want to pay in advance for their Internet Service because they may feel that whoever was in charge of NTV has walked away with their money . I wonder whether anyone got refunded and if so, from whom, how and where ?

Your customers are our potential customers and vice versa. The Euro/Lira has moved in the wrong way even more - should your customers brace themselves for another price bump ?

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Hector, I have written extensively on the internet about the question that you ask and the long and short of it, is that it is doubtful that end users who receive their internet by wireless connection will see much of an improvement. The announcement related to VDSL connections delivered by telecommunications infrastructure. Having said that, other (unrelated) improvements are coming in the more immediate future that will improve wireless connectivity for many.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

One way a company can deal with massive increase in their input cost is to raise prices. Another way a company can deal with such is keep their prices the same and do this
toblerone.jpg

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Are other readers thinking what I am thinking ? It's the comments that don't get a response and the questions that don't get answered that we learn most from.

They say a picture paints a thousand words, but in this case it's a thousand Turkish Lira

Some companies may increase the price AND cut back on the product.

I'm not sure that you have convinced your customers that you have had a massive increase in your input costs.

What exactly is it that you buy in Euros anyway ?

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Groucho »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:Are other readers thinking what I am thinking ? It's the comments that don't get a response and the questions that don't get answered that we learn most from.

They say a picture paints a thousand words, but in this case it's a thousand Turkish Lira

I'm not sure that you have convinced your customers that you have had a massive increase in your input costs.

I would guess that it's the infrastructure items that are not made in Turkey - is that where you buy yours? If it is, that's maybe why you only offer 4mbps and I get 40-50mbps with MM....

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by tomsteel »

SatelliteCyprus wrote:Are other readers thinking what I am thinking ? It's the comments that don't get a response and the questions that don't get answered that we learn most from.

What exactly is it that you buy in Euros anyway ?[/quote]

Whilst I have enjoyed the ping pong match between Erol and yourself and learned much technical information from it, I would have thought his company business model is his business and hardly yours, a rival provider. If MM customers really need that information they can always PM Erol for it.

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Whilst Erol may appreciate the help that you are giving to him, be careful that you don't make it look too much like he is losing the argument.

Over the last couple of days, several customers have said to me that they doubt that buying something in Euros should make that much difference to the price and have urged me to ask this question, so I have. You ask me to deny Erol the chance of fully explaining to this to his customers - I'm sorry but I am trying to help Erol here !

Groucho - 40 - 50 Mbps - I'll bet all the other customers are wondering why you get this when they don't - are you trying to help him ?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

Explanations have been repeatedly given as to the relationship between MM input costs and the TL/Euro rate.

What has not been explained is how a company who's input costs for everything bought not in TL (equipment, vehicles, rents etc) have increased massive and their input costs paid in TL have also increased massively (fuel, electricity and hopefully salaries etc etc) manages to maintain their TL prices without degrading the levels of their service.
toblerone.jpg

SatelliteCyprus
Verified Business
Verified Business

Most of the 'bigger' ISPS's use Mikrotik equipment as it is widely recognized as the best.

Here is a link to their distributors in Turkey - https://mikrotik.com/buy/europe/turkey

There are many places that you can buy from in Turkey BUT I seem to remember that Erol's firm is, or was the Distributor for this area.

Erol, do you use Mikrotik ?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

https://mikrotik.com/aboutus
MikroTik is a Latvian company ..... We have resellers in most parts of the world,
The TL cost of mikrotik equipment increases as the value of the TL falls against the euro, whether you buy from mikrotik direct and are billed in euros or buy from a Turkish re seller and are billed in TL. Try and sow all the fud you like Paul, as is you way, but it does not change this fact nor the obvious truth of it.

I can understand why you keep failing to address the issues I raised (yet again) in post 93 in this thread Paul, but (in your style) 'perhaps' your customers and those thinking about using your service are wondering why it is you so single minded avoid addressing this. They 'may' even think you are like a politician.
Last edited by erol on Fri 05 Oct 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

Some definitions

Independent Insurance agent = an agent that works with a range of insurance companies and helps their customers find the best deal for them across multiple insurance companies.

Bullshit merchant = an agent that works with a single insurance company and can only offer their customer insurance from this single insurance company and none other and yet claims to be 'independent'.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by kerry 6138 »

erol wrote:Some definitions

Independent Insurance agent = an agent that works with a range of insurance companies and helps their customers find the best deal for them across multiple insurance companies.

Bullshit merchant = an agent that works with a single insurance company and can only offer their customer insurance from this single insurance company and none other and yet claims to be 'independent'.
Same when a company as three pipelines 1 Plastic, 1 Brass, 1 steel connected to the same TT Tap not under their control, gives them a polish and sells them has, Standard, Gold and Platinum IMHO.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

kerry 6138 wrote: Same when a company as three pipelines 1 Plastic, 1 Brass, 1 steel connected to the same TT Tap not under their control, gives them a polish and sells them has, Standard, Gold and Platinum IMHO.
But not if they call them 2, 4 and 8 ? No ISP in the world has control of the 'tap(s)' that is their access to the 'internet'. Not BT, not Verizon and certainly not any ISP in the TRNC. What would you have Multimax call it's different service tiers ?

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by kerry 6138 »

Groucho wrote:

I would guess that it's the infrastructure items that are not made in Turkey - is that where you buy yours? If it is, that's maybe why you only offer 4mbps and I get 40-50mbps with MM....
So do extend only offer 4mbps and do the news readers lips move faster with xtra premium 46 mbps you pay for?

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

kerry 6138 wrote:.... and do the news readers lips move faster with xtra premium 46 mbps you pay for?
Kerry you make it sound like the only use for an internet connection is to be able to stream a single SD quality TV channel at any given time. This may well be the case for you and some other internet users but it is certainly not the case for me personally or I suspect some other internet users either.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”