computer help

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

computer help

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

I am having a few different issues with watching TV through my laptop. Firstly my VPN is so inconsistent. While watching catchup on a channel and the program finishes and i want to watch another program on the same channel. I get a message to say i am not in that area. So i then have to connect to another server and keep trying until i find one. Also, on channel 4 i am unable to watch anything as a message comes up saying i have enabled my ad blocker. I wouldn't know how to do this. Also i am on Popcorn Time and this has become very slow and it could take me hours to watch an episode as i keep having to pause it so as it can load. All these issues have happened in this past few weeks only.
Please can anyone recommend someone who can sort this out . Most of the computer shops I know of don't seem to be up on VPN or English TV.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Liz

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: computer help

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

The only person I would recommend is Ahmet at Acdinç in Karakum but I have no idea if he knows much about watching uk tv. Possibly worth asking him. His shop is on the left side in row of shops immediately after the turning to Süat Günsel hospital.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

call yen on 0533 8604531- he posts on here.

He may have a better solution for you than trying to use a laptop and VPN - he's got a brand new firestick for sale all set up for UK TV...

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Many thanks Laura b and Keithcaley. I will try them both tomorrow.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Any idea of the price of the firesticks Yen sells Keith?

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Since I started using SmartDNSproxy on my laptop I have had no problems.....

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Groucho wrote:Since I started using SmartDNSproxy on my laptop I have had no problems.....

https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/
I also use a 'smart DNS' service - StreamVia, and so far (!) it's been trouble-free.

Foodie - I think that Yen was looking for £100.

Laura B
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Laura B »

Thanks for that Keith.

I also use StreamVia smart DNS without any problems but I did just wonder if a firestick might be better. I guess if I don't have any problems this way then there is no advantage in changing.

foodie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by foodie »

Thank you all for your advice. I use my laptop to watch Catchup TV. Its very rare I watch anything on live tv. Also i am between here and the UK, mostly in the UK. So it wouldnt be viable for me to install a TV system. Thats why I dont mind paying for a VPN as its not expensive but when I go on their chat line, it is very difficult for me to follow their instructions as i am not at all technically minded. I will try the people Kibkomers recommended to me. Ideally i would like someone to come to my house and i could go through the different issues with them.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”