Problems with HDMI from laptop to TV

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Problems with HDMI from laptop to TV

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

I hope someone with some technical expertise can help me with this, as it is driving me completely mad. I got a new Acer laptop earlier in the year, really just to use for I player and watching downloaded programmes through samsung smart tv. All worked perfectly until about 3 weeks ago, when suddenly the TV stopped receiving from the PC, so, programmes not being sent. Thought it might be a problem with HDMI lead, so tried another brand new one, still the same problem. So then thought maybe the port is the problem, so got a new lead which goes into USB port, still no joy. Decided to test out various things so tried my old laptop through the HDMI leads, bingo, it worked. So, it seems that the problem is with the newer laptop, which is refusing to play ball. I have googled the problem and tried everything I can find, pressing fn + F5 and making sure the connection is either duplicate or extend. In desperation today, I have completely reset the laptop, no joy, except I now have the pleasure of having to reinstall various apps, at least I did not have many. I then found another suggestion which was to uninstall Intel Graphics driver and reinstall it. Have not managed to try it yet to see if that has worked, as I am suffering severe technofatigue.... There is just no logic to it. Any suggestions please, would be very gratefully received.

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Problems with HDMI from laptop to TV

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi mrsgee,

1. Power everything OFF, Laptop, TV & Router
2. Disconnect the Ethernet/Internet cable from your Laptop only.
3. Power everything ON.
4. Let Laptop boot up.
5. Reconnect Ethernet/Internet cable to your Laptop.

No guarantees, but worth a try.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Hi Navek, many thanks for your reply. The internet/ethernet cable is connected to my router not to my laptop, does this make a difference?

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

I remember a post about this problem a few months ago, it had to do with a windows 10 update, go to google and run a search for the problem and you may get the answers

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi mrsgee,
Try this first, then option in link below...

1. Power everything OFF, Laptop, TV & Router
2. Disconnect the Wi-Fi or Ethernet/Internet cable from your Laptop only.
3. Power everything ON.
4. Let Laptop boot up.
5. Reconnect the Wi-Fi or Ethernet/Internet cable to your Laptop.

No guarantees, but worth a try.

by jimm
I remember a post about this problem a few months ago,
it had to do with a windows 10 update...

How to keep your wireless network from turning off,
Windows 10.

https://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/ ... 97#p219697

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi mrsgee,

You didn't mention what type of "downloaded programmes" you are trying to play!
420p, 720p, 1080p, x264, x265, avi, mp4, MKV etc.
This could be where your problem lies.
Updating your Codec may solve your problem.

What is a Codec
https://youtu.be/GhWki9a7s18

I have K-Lite Codec Pack Mega installed on my PC. (14.2.5)

K-lite codec for windows 10
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of audio and video codecs for Microsoft Windows that enables an operating system and its software to play various audio and video formats generally not supported by the operating system itself.
https://www.google.com/search?q=K-lite+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Thanks for trying to help, unfortunately, nothing has worked. Navek, it is not just downloaded programs, the screen is not transferring at all from my laptop to the tv. I have another laptop which is working perfectly with the same HDMI connection, so I know that is not the problem, nor the tv. It was working fine up until a few weeks ago when it just stopped mirroring the laptop to the tv screen. I have been in touch with Amazon,, explained all to them, and they have said I can return the laptop for a refund, which is very good as I got it last March. Everything else works fine with the laptop, it is just the HDMI transfer bit. I explained to Amazon that I won't be able to return it til April when I am back in UK.... they said fine, so we shall see. Many thanks for trying to help.

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

As my previous post google the problem and you can get answers from the Microsoft forums

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

Sorry Jimm, I should have said, I had already ggogled the problem, been on numerous forums, and tried all the various recommendation,s, but, none worked, so I contacted technical support at Amazon, and they agreed I had tried everything, so could have a refund. I think the issue is with the laptop itself. Thanks for taking the time to respond anyway.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”