Internet speed

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Taffcook
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Internet speed

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Taffcook »

I have been trying to watch the England v Italy match on ITV this afternoon but it was virtually impossible to watch. It was buffering every couple of seconds. I did a speed test and it showed a download speed of 1.9 mbps and an upload of 0.9mbps although I am I the gold package and not had my TV on all day. I have tried telling my I P the problem all they say that I am exceeding my daily allowance. Has anyone any experience using another IP such as nethouse?

paul90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Internet speed

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by paul90 »

With Nethouse I get 15 - 20 Mbps consistently all day with their Net 8Mbit package at 1290TL per year.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Watched the whole match not a murmur of buffering....

http://mmcyp.speedtestcustom.com/result ... 185f6e4c8f

Taffcook
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Taffcook »

Hi again The reception this afternoon has been abysmal. I contacted MM and they told me it must be my TV. I swapped my TV and still getting abysmal reception. I have already told them I am leaving. I will contact Nethouse tomorrow, alternatively would a new router help and could I purchase a router from any source of does it have to be from my ISP. Any help info would be appreciated.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

We are with MM. Watched the Eng v Italy game yesterday with no problems and our TV today has had no problems either. We live near Tatlisu, so probably as far from a large urbanisation as is possible here. Why not ask MM to check again, depending upon where you live?

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I don't watch football so can't comment on the buffering on that. I do however watch Moto GP from BT Sport and it always buffers or freezes at some point. I use different apps to watch it but they are all the same to some extent. As an example yesterday the picture froze 3/4 of the way around the very last lap of the main race! So had to close the app an open it up again by which time of course the race had ended. So I feel your frustration.

Many things change the viewing experience and not just internet speed. We are with MM and live on the hill at Catalkoy. The speed is generally in double figures but I have noticed in the mornings lately it has been around the 2mbps. So I do the usual thing turn it off and wait 30 seconds and that normally sorts it. I would suggest if you are on the Gold service you cannot be using all of your quota so ask them to come and check your equipment. Always do a speed test and if it is low switch it all of and try it again. MM always suggest I do it on a laptop plug straight into the internet but I cannot as my laptop doesn't have the correct connections. So I do it via the TV which is cabled and not wifi.

Another thing to consider is the football is 'quite' popular and many many thousands of people will be watching it which will put a strain on the servers you are using to watch it much the same as the Moto GP I was watching. MM have no control over anything once the signal has entered your property. MM as far as I know offer the fastest internet speed (min 4mb) which allegedly is good enough to watch most things from. Stick with it but if it doesn't improve ask them to check it out properly. I think the main thing to remember is the point that once the signal has entered your property any connections or servers you are using after that is not controlled by MM or any internet provider. If after you have checked the speed and you find it is far lower than it should be contact them, be firm but polite and tell them what speed you are getting. That has nothing to do with your TV but if you can connect the internet directly to a computer as they will ask you to.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

100 meg speed and could I get a feed on any of the three apk's I use for football no I couldn't
yes I was in the Uk had to go to the pub to watch
Sometimes its the places you're getting the programs from not the internet

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I did try and post message before Net House great cheap 3 months free i am on there 10meg reducing from 15meg as found did not need it so now for the same money great reception no buffeting runs out June 2020 started November 2018 so if you want good reception service terrific & for once value for money go with them tried all the others

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”