Problems with streaming ITV & BBC

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Problems with streaming ITV & BBC

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

For the last 5 days or so I have been having problems streaming live BBC & ITV and it is constantly buffering and saying error please try again. I use Smart stream and watch the channels directly on my TV. Prior to that it has been perfect. I don't think it is the internet because I was still getting speeds around 10/12. Anyone else having similar issues?

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Problems with streaming ITV & BBC

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by mrsgee »

I am currently using stream via vpn on laptop and HDMI to tv. The past few days have experienced some buffering, moreso with ITV than BBC for some reason. I had blamed it on the weather......

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

Yeah - we have issues too with the ITV hub - ITV is fine on t IPTV though.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by erol »

There was an issue with one of the routes out from Turk Telecom's network to the wider internet. Whether traffic from a given point was being routed over this link out from TT or one of the other ok links was 'random' to a degree. As of the last hour or so it seems that we have finally managed to get TT net to resolve the issue and hopefully normal service will now be resumed. We believe that this issue was affecting all the wireless ISP's here in the north and not just Multimax.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by erol »

I may have spoken a little prematurely We continue to investigate , monitor and work with ttnet to get the core issue resolved once and for all.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Just to update - having called it somewhat prematurely before, it does now seem like this issue has been resolved by TTnet as from about 8pm this evening and normal service should now be resumed.

For those who may be Streamvia customers there is a more detailed description of the issue on their network status page and I would also like to thank Streamvia for all their efforts in helping us locate and define the issue such that we could bring the sufficient pressure on TTnet to get the issue resolved.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”