Multimax doing my head in

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Multimax doing my head in

•   Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Post by torontomapleleaf »

MM has been on and off in my house for hours but every time I ring the office when it's off the damn thing comes on again and they tell me every thing is working as it should. If that is the case why is my download speed for last nights eastenders currently varying between 4.2 and 128kbs? And why did Emmerdale take over three hours to download.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. (I'm in Karsiyaka)

Thanks

TML
The Mountie always gets his man

Sid447
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Multimax doing my head in

•   Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Sid447 »

Does your modem,

Have a full signal (all lights on). It needs to be pointed in the correct direction to get a full or strong signal.
Do you have a good quality router?

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

The router is on networks and it's in the same position it's always been in. I have never had all lights on but the usual one's are lit. Two are flickering which I assume means transmitting?

What's the best alternative to MM?

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi torontomapleleaf,
Info Only.

You could try this...
Router restart
Router restart
How To Remotely Restart Your Router from Any Browser
https://youtu.be/pbM2uW35Kq0

ps Do a speed test before & after the restart
Bookmark the Routers home page, for easy access in future!
Do not do a Factory Reset

greengate
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Post by greengate »

If you go to their website and log in as a customer, it will bring up you account details.

In the bottom right of this screen – Select ‘Package details’

On the next screen ‘Service details’ – Select the grey ‘Traffic Report ‘ button.

This screen will show your ‘usage’ and what ‘tier’ you were on during the peak period of 16:00-23:59.

According to their traffic management policy, as soon as you exceed 5Gb download – your speed is limited (I think they quote a max of 6Mbps) which is just about enough to get tv viewing in HD quality – in my humble opinion .

If you are doing other things as well, during this peak period you may find you go onto the 3rd tier which reduces your speed even further.

I am not saying this will cure your problems, but it may give you an insight as to what is going on, and how to manage your usage. Take look at their traffic management policy on their website for further clarification.
I hope this helps, and if I have made any wrong assumptions – no doubt MM or other members will clarify my remarks.

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

I have every sympathy we have had this issue since about May and although the customer service is good I have actually got fed up having to use it. We will try greengates suggestion, and we are also open to suggestions on a more consistent provision supplier

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

torontomapleleaf wrote:...What's the best alternative to MM?
We are also in Karşıyaka. Our ISP is kibrisonline. No problems at all during the time we have been with them (apart from when the main fibre feed was cut a month or so back, and that affected many, irrespective of ISP).

Kibrisonline have a promotion of 15 months for the price of 12 months, 10mb. Sufficient for streaming live feed TV and downloading.

If you really want away from MM, contact Umut Yalınkaya on 0533 865 43 35 for further details. English spoken and written.
libens volens potens

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi torontomapleleaf,
If it's possible, you could borrow a Router from a friend.
Do speed tests before & after you change them.

torontomapleleaf
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Router seems to be doing its job. Speed test looks good, signal strength looks good. MM tier one all night and yet?

Signal to TV for want of a better word c#$p. Eastenders (31MB) finally downloaded after 5 hours.

Don't know what to do next but many thanks for the suggestions.

TML.

IPA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Post by IPA »

Maybe try using a new cable from Router to TV or IPTV box? I had same issue last week and new cable worked

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

How are you checking your line speed? Bear in mind that once the cable is in the house that is the extent of MM liability and all equipment attached via cable or wifi is down to you. Have you tried the age old turn everything off for a minute and reboot it all? It does work but of course not always. There are many reasons for slow internet and not all of them to do with the ISP.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”