WiFi Routers

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

WiFi Routers

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

Think I need a new router. What's the best to buy? Thinking about WiFi range & Number of devices connected. Any advice please

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: WiFi Routers

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

As good as this forum is and I acknowledge there are some very good techy minded people on here my first stop for anything like this is always Google. I usually look here.

https://www.techradar.com/news/networki ... st-1090523

Once you have done that then perhaps you will have a better starting point and understanding of what you need. Then on here folk may well be able to point you in the right direction to purchase your choice locally or if not locally then where. There are a number of different ways to improve your wifi with extra routers or wifi extenders that should all become clear in a Google search.

As it happens I am in the market for improving my wifi upstairs at the moemnt so doing the same research. Good luck with your search and if I find a simple solution I will come back and reply again but it really does depend on your own circumstances taking into account distance you need the signal to travel and obstacles in the way like walls and the like.

Bert
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Bert »

If you are gameing andor streaming’s always go for the best one you can aford and if streaming I would get the duel Router. Also there are a number of routers incorporating VPNS which are very good although you may have to subscribe to their providers although inexpensive. All depends what you are wanting to achieve in the home . Do your homework is definitely the right way forward as previously suggested

Navek
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

WiFi Routers

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Navek »

Hi Mimi2,
Had a look online.
It really depends on what you need,
and how much you want to spend?
Routers should last in excess of 10 years.
So go for the best one you can afford, or two, if you have WiFi problems in your home.
I have 2 Routers, a Master and a Slave, Hard Wired, paired by ISP.
so good WiFi in and around the house.
WiFi.JPG
YouTube - Best Wifi Router 2019
https://youtu.be/JGqrPCtkOP0

More
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... +explained+

Let us know how you get on.
Old Router v New Router - WiFi speeds etc.
Mine are due for replacement.
So, would be interested to hear your results

Mimi2
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mimi2 »

Thanks for your help folk!!!

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”