multimax

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

philco
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

multimax

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by philco »

Last night the service from multimax was awful,all programmes were buffering so bad that it was unwatchable.
I tried to contact Multimax and the answering machine told me I was first in line, but after being told this numerous times
and holding on for 25 mins, I gave up.
Has anyone else had this problem? I think Kemel has taken his eye off the ball and the service that we are used to off him
has gone down hill.
Hopefully he will see this message and respond positively.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: multimax

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

It was fine in Catalkoy last night.

Every so often it does go off but I always find if you ring up they are busy. Probably with loads of people ringing up to find out what is wrong. I just think now is there any reason for me to actually speak to anyone just to be told there is a problem and we are looking into it. If of course I get through straight away the likelihood is that the problem is my end and not the area we are in.

So if it goes off I always try the usual turn it off wait 30 seconds and turn it back on again. If that doesn't work I find something else to do. As most of our TV watching is on catchup there is no urgency to watch it as it can be done any time.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

It was fine at my house in Alsancak, I watched a couple of films with no breaks at all. It may have been a fault affecting your local mast in Ozankoy, or it might have been the TV server in the UK or wherever that was overloaded if you were watching a popular TV programme 'live'.

I do find that 'Live' programmes are a little more susceptible to any 'glitch' in internet reception, possibly because there isn't the opportunity to feed as much data into the buffer 'in advance' on your device as there is with pre-recorded stuff (although I may be talking nonsense there - & I'm sure that someone will inform me if that is the case).

The reason that I say that is that if I pull the internet cable out of my 'TV Box' while I'm watching a film, the programme keeps playing perfectly for 2 or 3 minutes before pausing, whereas with a 'live' programme, it stops much sooner.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

I watched a live match on sky go at home in ozankoy last night with no issues.

Hutch
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Hutch »

We have been experiencing problems with MM for the last few months! They have been out 4/5 times, repositioned the dish and still we are not receiving consistent connections! Really fed up!!!MM

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hutch wrote:We have been experiencing problems with MM for the last few months! They have been out 4/5 times, repositioned the dish and still we are not receiving consistent connections! Really fed up!!!MM
Keep on at them!
I believe that there are alternative things that they can do in extreme cases.

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

We have also experienced poor internet reception in Karsiyaka over the last 2/3 nights and sometimes in the day. It used to be that way during the height of the summer months with, and I'm purely guessing here, lots of tourists using it. With so few tourists (I'm guessing again) I don't think that can be the reason.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Hector wrote:We have also experienced poor internet reception in Karsiyaka over the last 2/3 nights and sometimes in the day. It used to be that way during the height of the summer months with, and I'm purely guessing here, lots of tourists using it. With so few tourists (I'm guessing again) I don't think that can be the reason.
What did Multimax say?

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”