Turkcell Internet Experience (Life Cell)

Want to know how to receive English Channels via the Internet in North Cyprus? Need to repair or buy a laptop?

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

lasagne33
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Turkcell Internet Experience (Life Cell)

•   Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

Post by lasagne33 »

Hi all

I would like to share my recent experience of the Turkcell internet service, they call it Lifecell - BUYER BEWARE.

I have my mobile phone with them and just prior to Christmas I received a number of texts offering their Internet service at a good price. So I spoke to a salesperson and agreed their 20 Mbps service on special offer for 375TL for 4 months. The lady spoke perfect English and I asked a number of questions about their service and was wooed by her assurance that if I was unhappy I could discontinue and be refunded - how naïve I was!

The following is a factual chronological record of what occurred. While it ends on the 26th of December it is worthy of note that since that time I have been trying to get my money back but today I got a Turkish Cypriot friend to call so there could be no misunderstanding. They flatly refused a refund on the basis that I should have waited until an engineer arrived to fix whatever the problem was.

The engineer came on the 30th of December with an LNB in hand to replace the one previously fitted. He said they had had a cyber attack and to fix it he needed to replace the LNB. At this point if I had remained with Turkcell I would have been without internet 9 days.

In summary my Turkish Cypriot friend was flabbergasted at their lack of interest and belligerence.

Kind regards

Lasagne

TURKCELL EXPERIENCE 19 – 26 DECEMBER 2019

19 December

The engineer arrives as promised at 10am and fits the system in about 45 minutes. There is no mess and a speed of 23Mbps is registered.
In the afternoon I noticed that our Amazon Prime account no longer worked and after contacting them they tell us that it is because our account is in England and our IP address is registering as Turkey. This did not happen with Multimax.

I make my first call to Turkcell to try to see if they can help. After about 7 minutes on hold the lady explained she did not speak English, and someone would call back in “5 minutes”.

That day I made several calls back to them and on every occasion, because no one spoke English, I was told someone would call back in “5 minutes”. No one ever called back. Also, on every call I was on hold for several minutes.

The internet speed on during the day was fine and registered between 12 and 17Mbps.

20 December

That day was the same as the previous. I made several calls back to them and on every occasion, I was told someone would call back in “5 minutes”. No one ever called back. Also, on every call I was on hold for several minutes. The internet was good all day and we watched TV with no issues.

21 December

The internet was not working at all, we had no connectivity. I called and was told there was a general problem and engineers were working on it. The lady told me that it would take about 2 hours to fix.

I called after the 2 hours, as it was still not working, and was told someone would call back in “5 minutes”. No one ever called back. I made many calls that day and eventually told someone that I wanted to cancel my service because of their poor service and a failure to call back as promised. I was told someone from the technical department would call back. I gave up as no return calls were ever made. My wife also made calls during the day and she was told, at various times, that it would be fixed somewhere between 10 minutes and 2 hours and she would get a call back, neither happened.

22 December

The internet was down all day and despite many calls no one seemed even interested in what we had to say. I was very angry at the lack of returned calls and lack of service. I think on this day we did get one or two calls back but with no information that was of use. During the last call, made by my wife, the man that she spoke to demonstrated that he did not really care at all so she told him that because we had been on for only a short time and the service was so poor we wanted to cancel our contract. He would not do this for her, so the phone was passed to me. I was angry at his attitude as he really couldn’t care so I told him that the service was disgraceful, and I wanted to cancel. He said he would pass this to the technical department.

23 December

We still had no internet and so I called. I was again told that someone would call back. I then disconnected my modem and went back to Multimax cap in hand so they could return it to its previous settings. Once this was done, I returned home, reconnected the modem and their equipment and I have had internet connectivity ever since.

In desperation, I also phoned the lady who sold me the package and explained to her the problems I have had. She explained to me she could do nothing as she was in sales but did say she would e-mail the technical department on my behalf to try to get them to do something. She also said she was leaving the company that week.

24 – 26 December

Since I returned to Multimax I had 2 calls from an engineer. One wanted to see if he could fix the Amazon Prime issue and the other wanted to fix the issue with no internet. The second call was on the 25th to sort out our lack of internet. I told him not to bother as I had cancelled the internet. I don't think he understood but he didn't turn up anyway.

Return to “INTERNET & COMPUTERS- Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”